ADVERTISEMENT

Trev isn’t building up to anything

He told everyone the process and criteria clear as day. He isn’t going to announce someone that is still coaching until the end of the season.

Someone not coaching that is a candidate will also not be announced so MJ isn’t undermined and cause confusion.

Have patience. My opinion is TA already knows who the next HC is.
Some people want to bi tch, it's who they are

Give this a break some of you, until we know who it is quit this nonsense.
I’m sure there is a reason why he can’t announce during the regular season and is waiting for the right time when the season is over..
This reminds me of my brother a week before Christmas. He would carefully unwrap the corners of a present in an attempt to see the printing on the box underneath. Just relax, be patient and let the process unfold, even if there haven’t been many “gifts” as of late. Until I have a reason to believe otherwise, I’ll give Trev Alberts the benefit of the doubt. No, I’m not particularly happy Scott Frost was kept as long as he was, but I suspect Trev has a plan. Trev isn’t Santa Claus and an announcement will come soon enough. GBR

I’ve said it before. Husker fans are grieving. It’s fairly normal for people to want lay blame. Another loss just compounds the frustration and anger.
You knew this season would be a disaster and you let it happen. Husker fans should be furious

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Trev's task isn't to please the fans or the boosters of substance with the name of his new hire. His task is to pick the guy with the best probability of winning. Period. The other pieces like the support of fans and boosters of substance will fall into place with a winning coach. They may grumble in the beginning but then they'll turn on a dime to being big supporters of the new guy if he proves to be a winner.

Can you imagine the enthusiasm if we got to a significant bowl game and beat a ranked team or two in the process?
Oh. So that’s why he kept frost another year? If his job is to win he is absolutely terrible. 7-15

The only other possible explanation IF he wants to retain Mickey is that he’s giving him a chance to get a win or two more. Patience folks.
Imo, Frost needed to get bowl eligible at a minimum to be retained. Alberts giving MJ same opportunity. Now it's 99.9% mathematically impossible. Things are probably being finalized now and announcement soon. May come in 2 weeks and hopefully doesn't wait until ccg weekend because early signing date approaches fast . Transfer portal helps

Reactions: dinglefritz
Oh. So that’s why he kept frost another year? If his job is to win he is absolutely terrible. 7-15
Trev has a better poker face than you.

You’re so easy to read. Facecard is a Jack (because you’re a Jack-ass). The other card you hold is probably a duece because you’re always dropping turds on this board.

Imo, Frost needed to get bowl eligible at a minimum to be retained. Alberts giving MJ same opportunity. Now it's 99.9% mathematically impossible. Things are probably being finalized now and announcement soon. May come in 2 weeks and hopefully doesn't wait until ccg weekend because early signing date approaches fast . Transfer portal helps
The conference championship games could definitely affect an announcement. Let’s hope our next head coach is coaching in one of those….

I liken Nebraska football to the car sitting in the driveway and the owner doesn't know how to fix it. He keeps calling in so called experts to fix it and they take the owners money telling him they will get it running again real soon but never do. There is a repairman for Nebraska football but the owner is still searching for him he knows what kind of repairman he wants he just has to convince him to taken on the job as difficult as it's going to be.

Meanwhile the whole neighborhood drives by a once beautiful and noble car smirking and shaking their heads at the owners futile attempts to resurrect the gem. I'm certain Nebraska will get fixed it's just going to take the right repairman to do it, it's just going to take him a little while to get the job done.

I'm as upset as anyone about the condition of Nebraska football but I feel it can get back to competing against all comers I just don't know how long it's going to take, hopefully not very long. jmo

The value to making an announcement sooner rather than later is that it provides hope. There has been no hope or good news this season.

Trev doesn’t seem to realize that our fans are so beaten down and demoralized that there may not be much excitement about the new coach. Our fans were discouraged about the last 20 years, but this “season” we didn’t show up for was the last straw.

His silence in this lost season isn’t leadership.
What's the point of you being here? You're negative and miserable. Go do something productive with your life. Clearly husker football has gone to shit, trev is gonna pour concrete over the top of the casket, and we will never be good again... or at least that's how you and so many people here make it seem.

• Love
Reactions: bigboxes
I liken Nebraska football to the car sitting in the driveway and the owner doesn't know how to fix it. He keeps calling in so called experts to fix it and they take the owners money telling him they will get it running again real soon but never do. There is a repairman for Nebraska football but the owner is still searching for him he knows what kind of repairman he wants he just has to convince him to taken on the job as difficult as it's going to be.

Meanwhile the whole neighborhood drives by a once beautiful and noble car smirking and shaking their heads at the owners futile attempts to resurrect the gem. I'm certain Nebraska will get fixed it's just going to take the right repairman to do it, it's just going to take him a little while to get the job done.

I'm as upset as anyone about the condition of Nebraska football but I feel it can get back to competing against all comers I just don't know how long it's going to take, hopefully not very long. jmo
Good analogy!

I believe Nebraska Football is really a microcosm of our country. It used to be great. It had strong leadership, had accountability, was built on hard work, strong work ethic, pride, had an identity, had attention to detail.

Save for a few, now it is made up of a majority of soft, lazy freeloaders, that do as little work as possible with maximum benefits, always someone else’s responsibility, no belief system except for what is in it for me, no pride, no work ethic, and total lack of detail. Time to flush all this from the program.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
The value to making an announcement sooner rather than later is that it provides hope. There has been no hope or good news this season.

Trev doesn’t seem to realize that our fans are so beaten down and demoralized that there may not be much excitement about the new coach. Our fans were discouraged about the last 20 years, but this “season” we didn’t show up for was the last straw.

This is just plain dumb. Just stop this nonsense. Trev is doing everything the right way. He's not going to change the timeline to give you "hope." Good grief. Stop with the crying. I can guarantee you're still going to be crying after he makes his decision. It sucks being at the bottom. But here we are.

You’re sounding like your Fivewords husband..

200w.gif

Labeling @Facecard and @fivewords with your cisgender pronouns. Xer preferred pronouns are Xe/Xey/Xem/Xer.

When has it ever happened that a college program named a new coach from another school during the season? Do you expect the new coach to come in and install his schemes for the final 2 weeks. Pull your head out.

Reactions: Walleye79
Trev has one chance to save his career by hiring the right head coach. If he hires right, he'll be a hero. But if the next head coach has to be eventually fired with another huge buy out, then Trev will go right out the door with him.
The ad is always tied to football hires here.

When has it ever happened that a college program named a new coach from another school during the season? Do you expect the new coach to come in and install his schemes for the final 2 weeks. Pull your head out.
There have sometimes been leaks that have caused problems for both schools. Nothing Trev could say now would matter.
The ad is always tied to football hires here.
in this case I could see Trev surviving even if his hire doesn’t. That’s a discussion for another day. I just think Trev is the right guy.at the right time for my University Of course I thought that about Frost too …,,,😦

There have sometimes been leaks that have caused problems for both schools. Nothing Trev could say now would matter.

in this case I could see Trev surviving even if his hire doesn’t. That’s a discussion for another day. I just think Trev is the right guy.at the right time for my University Of course I thought that about Frost too …,,,😦
He may be and if he’s coach goes consistently goes 8-4 he will be safe because of the current state. However you and I grew up with way a different standard of expectations of the football program at Nebraska

How often does it happen that a coach is fired in September?

The complete silence from the AD this season since then is unacceptable. Pull your own head out.

They created this dumpster fire and hiding behind the volleyball team isn’t going to cut it.

Reactions: DPDWU
What's the point of you being here? You're negative and miserable. Go do
Our program is negative and miserable. I didn’t make it that way. I am just realistic.

This entire “season” was one giant dump on the fan base.

Reactions: Minn1954

The complete silence from the AD this season since then is unacceptable. Pull your own head out.

They created this dumpster fire and hiding behind the volleyball team isn’t going to cut it.
Disagree. His silence has been perfect. Doing it all behind the scenes and not undermining Mickey or the current staff. I’m 100% on board with how Trev has handled the transition thus far. Now, ask me that question when a new coach is announced. Might be entirely different.

Cmon man. I feel your pain but what could he possibly say that matters. He laid out his process and told us he wouldn’t comment on the search until after the season. Saying anything would only fan the flames

Reactions: scarletred
Cmon man. I feel your pain but what could he possibly say that matters. He laid out his process and told us he wouldn’t comment on the search until after the season. Saying anything would only fan the flames
Trev in September 2022:

“You know that head coaching hire I should have made in November 2021? I am going to make it in November 2022 instead. In the meantime, please be patient while we go completely silent while the team you care about is humiliated.”

Trev in September 2022:

“You know that head coaching hire I should have made in November 2021? I am going to make it in November 2022 instead. In the meantime, please be patient while we go completely silent while the team you care about is humiliated.”
Your anger runs deep Weedhopper. You’re starting to sound like a Mav fan

Reactions: Walleye79

Geezus dude it happens every year. And nobody is hiding behind a volleyball team. If it is another coach coaching he can't make any announcement in season. It's not that hard to understand. Would it make your lil feelings feel much better if he came and said the coaching search is going fantastic? Good grief get a grip.

Reactions: Winston Smith 84
Disagree. His silence has been perfect. Doing it all behind the scenes and not undermining Mickey or the current staff. I’m 100% on board with how Trev has handled the transition thus far. Now, ask me that question when a new coach is announced. Might be entirely different.

Certainly if his hire surprises in a good way, that could go a long way to assuage the anger.

If he trots out some Mike Riley type hire, no amount of pro Husker propaganda will stop the fan exodus.

Certainly if his hire surprises in a good way, that could go a long way to assuage the anger.

If he trots out some Mike Riley type hire, no amount of pro Husker propaganda will stop the fan exodus.
No doubt this hire is critical. We ALL want to know who it will be. That said if it’s a guy coaching in a conference championship game we’re going to have to wait at least a week longer than we expect. Opening his mouth now could f up a hire

The new coach may be coaching presently, so to announce him now would be premature. I hope I'm right, and I hope it's Dion.

We have been waiting 2 decades, and they really f-ed up by retaining Frost.
Frost should have been fired last year or left to coach until Iowa this year. This early firing has "backfired" and I believe made us worse. Also, bringing Whip was a mistake. If you are bringing Frost back let him do what he does or fire him. This 'half ass approach" wasted this season completely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT