ADVERTISEMENT

Terry Pettit lays the smack down on coach Riley haters *** MUST READ ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you started mentioning Pelini when others brought up what's actually written in the post by Petitt. Because that's what it's actually about. I never brought up Pelini.

Holy shit, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I SAID. Never said you brought up Peelini.

If in 3 years all Riley has produced is a 9 win team, he needs to be fired.

We play in the worst division in the P5.

I said the other day that "the benchmark" is what Riley haters should be talking about. How much improvement is not enough to keep going? That's basically where the battle is centered real world right now.

I would guess that if Riley makes a bowl next year, and wins 9 games in year three, he doesn't go anywhere. Clearly not the benchmark jeans has... but it'd be interesting to see what folks think the line is.

giphy.gif

I said the other day that "the benchmark" is what Riley haters should be talking about. How much improvement is not enough to keep going? That's basically where the battle is centered real world right now.

I would guess that if Riley makes a bowl next year, and wins 9 games in year three, he doesn't go anywhere. Clearly not the benchmark jeans has... but it'd be interesting to see what folks think the line is.

I'd support that plan if recruiting looks good. 100 %.

@BigRedPimp, if that happens, the culture built to get to the similar results will be well worth the money, time and effort, no matter how painful to some.

Not sure I can argue that at this point as I'm not sure how I personally would feel if it were year 2018 and we finish 9-4. Sure, the program isn't tainted by Bo's behavior and how it was perceived by others around the country. However, we would still be 9-4 fighting for middle of the road where we have been for way too long.

Hell, I would love to see Riley right the ship sooner rather than later and doing it the right way. It's the best way to go for long term success.

On a somewhat side note, I do find it interesting how fans say they are sick of kids these days need for instant gratification or say they should be a starter right away without having to earn it. Yet, we fans give Riley 9 games in to his NU career and start raising the pitchfork and torches.

Reactions: 94husker
So this is just one big merry-go-round? If I didn't like Callahan, I was a Solich lover. If I didn't like Pelini, I was a Callahan lover. And now, if I don't like Riley, I'm a Bo lover?? F*CK THAT BS!!

How about this, how about I like the football program? I don't give a flying f*ck who the coach is or isn't. All I want is a coach that can take control of a team, hire competent assistants that develop players, recruit well and puts the players in the best position to win come game day. Why the hell am I lumped into some group for wanting to see a good f*cking football program?!

I was vocal about the mistake Callahan made when he hired Cosgrove, I was even "called out" for it on here and all I did was post facts about Cos. I was done with Bo in 2012 and was vocal about wanting him to be fired in 2013. And I was vocal about my disappointment in hiring Riley.
Surely I can't be the only one that doesn't care about who coaches the team, as long as they do a competent job of it??

I know. You want your candy now or you'll throw yourself down on the floor and kick and scream. Its going to take at least two years IMO to get guys recruited and on the field that can make a difference. We are recruiting some JUCOs to try to help us at DE and linebacker, but you can't fix our O line over night. Hopefully some of the guys redshirting can step in and make a difference right away. I expect us to have a winning record and go to a bowl next year. Then it all depends on recruiting these next two years.
Didnt you expect that this year as well?

So this is just one big merry-go-round? If I didn't like Callahan, I was a Solich lover. If I didn't like Pelini, I was a Callahan lover. And now, if I don't like Riley, I'm a Bo lover?? F*CK THAT BS!!

How about this, how about I like the football program? I don't give a flying f*ck who the coach is or isn't. All I want is a coach that can take control of a team, hire competent assistants that develop players, recruit well and puts the players in the best position to win come game day. Why the hell am I lumped into some group for wanting to see a good f*cking football program?!

I was vocal about the mistake Callahan made when he hired Cosgrove, I was even "called out" for it on here and all I did was post facts about Cos. I was done with Bo in 2012 and was vocal about wanting him to be fired in 2013. And I was vocal about my disappointment in hiring Riley.
Surely I can't be the only one that doesn't care about who coaches the team, as long as they do a competent job of it??

because it's easier to push an agenda that way.

we are just dang lucky to have won 3 games this year with the negative culture BO had in place. In fact I think its quite an accomplishment by Riley and crew to have beaten Minn, a team who took MI down to the wire

Last edited:
we are just dang lucky to have won 3 games this year with the negative culture BO had in place. In fact I think its quite an accomplishment by Riley and crew to have beaten Minn, a team who took MSU down to the wire

Yah big bad Top 15 Michigan with a Top 5 defense, almost lost to. Transitives in sports mean nothing. Yet people persist.

I didn't post one single Peelini comment until others did.

9 wins 9 wins 9 wins!!!

Thread title remains dead on.

ROFLMAO

Reminds me that there needs to be a Peelini dancing banana gif to that "9 wins 9 wins 9 wins!!!" mantra. Just need to photoshop Bo's face right on there. LOL

Brian_Dancing_Banana_zpswwj5mb23.gif

FWIW Bo did tell the players to play hard for the next coach and make themselves proud. He bashed the heck out of Eichorst and Perlman, but told the players that if they stay, to give the next coach a chance and that they control their own destiny by how hard they work and take care of each other.

Riley's been in charge for almost a full year now. How long are we expecting it to take him to start changing the culture? 3 years? 4 years? What "culture" is he trying to instill exactly, and how will that translate to championships? All I've heard from Pac-12 fans is that Oregon State was the softest, most undisciplined team in the conference.

Reactions: Wasker77
Not sure I can argue that at this point as I'm not sure how I personally would feel if it were year 2018 and we finish 9-4. Sure, the program isn't tainted by Bo's behavior and how it was perceived by others around the country. However, we would still be 9-4 fighting for middle of the road where we have been for way too long.

Just know, if he doesn't cut it, we'll move on to the next guy. So on and so on....

I know everything about Riley's record. Every detail. I have season tickets to a Pac 12 school. I live in the Northwest. Where the hell do you live?

Once again NO FACTS. Just a lot of hot air

I live in Omaha hence the Omaha in HuskerTimOmaha.

Chew on this "hot air"....

Bowl games prior to Riley = 4 in the 103-year history of Oregon State football
Bowl games under Riley = 8 in the 14 years he coached Oregon State

9 or more win seasons prior to Riley = 2 (103 year history)
9 or more win season under Riley = 4 (14 years he coached)

Pelini is a part of everything that is going on in the program. It doesn't matter if he was fired. It doesn't matter if he vacated his office. That man left behind a trail of wreckage and I for one don't really care if the 9-win crowd gets upset at me for pointing that out. It will take time to clean/disinfect the program of Pelini.

I say you don't have a clue how bad Oregon State was prior to his arrival. Study up, then get back to all of us with details.

Never coached in Rose Bowl or any other significant bowl; Las Vegas, Insight, Sun, Emerald, Sun, Las Vegas, Alamo and Hawaii. Won 48% of conference games. Won 53.8% of his total games. Was ranked only 4 times in the season ending polls (Wow) Had a 4-10 record against big brother Oregon. Lost to at least two FCS schools in in last 5 years there.

Tim that is what I call FACTS

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
"But teacher, he did it 1st." You have a history of bringing up Bo. Do youself a favor and stop it.

Follow the comments, as difficult as it may be for you. I'll keep on bringing up Peelini whenever I want, and now that I know it bugs you, I will tag you on every single one.

It's because Pelini was a cancer in every sense of the word. And he poisoned his players worst of all.

That much is true. He tried to "poison the well" on his way out the door. Holding a players meeting off campus to rip on administration. Who does that? Nobody, except Bo. The norm is to put the players first and encourage them to move on! Bo did the opposite.

Never coached in Rose Bowl or any other significant bowl; Las Vegas, Insight, Sun, Emerald, Sun, Las Vegas, Alamo and Hawaii. Won 48% of conference games. Won 53.8% of his total games. Was ranked only 4 times in the season ending polls (Wow) Had a 4-10 record against big brother Oregon. Lost to at least two FCS schools in in last 5 years there.

Tim that is what I call FACTS

The facts are....

I say there is nothing in Riley's record at either Corvallis

Just know, if he doesn't cut it, we'll move on to the next guy. So on and so on....

I live in Omaha hence the Omaha in HuskerTimOmaha.

Chew on this "hot air"....

Your bragging about 4 FOUR seasons of 9 or more wins in 14 seasons. Wow You really don't care. You can live with mediocrity

A letter like that from a former respected coach means a lot to me, and leads me to believe there really is an unhealthy culture in the locker room that Riley inherited. That doesn't change some very, very poor coaching that we've experienced this yr, that could have us about 7-2 or 6-3. But I've said my piece, and have no need to repeat it over & over again like a few on here. I'm willing to suck it up, shut up, and just watch the rest of the 3 games, and see how our recruiting goes between now & Feb. 2016 will bring new hopes for a good season to most, and if we stay at the bottom of the B1G, I know more changes will not be far off. Thanks for posting the letter.

Reactions: harleysker
we are just dang lucky to have won 3 games this year with the negative culture BO had in place. In fact I think its quite an accomplishment by Riley and crew to have beaten Minn, a team who took MI down to the wire

I suspect you saw a glimpse of what this team could do if they wanted to play for Riley.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
FWIW Bo did tell the players to play hard for the next coach and make themselves proud. He bashed the heck out of Eichorst and Perlman, but told the players that if they stay, to give the next coach a chance and that they control their own destiny by how hard they work and take care of each other.

Riley's been in charge for almost a full year now. How long are we expecting it to take him to start changing the culture? 3 years? 4 years? What "culture" is he trying to instill exactly, and how will that translate to championships? All I've heard from Pac-12 fans is that Oregon State was the softest, most undisciplined team in the conference.

According to this article, after starting 24-2 in his first two years at OSU, Urban Meyer hadn't felt he had solidified a winning culture.

"Meyer has a winning program (24-2 in two seasons at Ohio State), but he isn't sure his Buckeyes had a winning culture for the past two years.

Meyer points to his team's pass defense as an example. The Buckeyes were horrible against the pass in 2013, allowing 268 yards a game through the air. That ranked 11th in the Big Ten and 110th nationally. Meyer and his coaches wanted to improve coverage, and they took steps to correct deficiencies. But Meyer isn't sure everyone was preaching the same message. "I've made mistakes in trying to attack behaviors," Meyer said. "For example, we're not playing hard on defense. You can try to fix behavior, but it's unsustainable unless you fix the culture. I believe in that from the bottom of my gut.""

That's one of the two best coaches of this era, walking into a stacked situation at OSU, and talking about entering year 3 without the right culture. Even after a bunch of winning. I think at minimum we can say that don't have nearly as ideal a scenario here, but we can reasonably say that being here "almost a year" is probably not near as sufficient as you intended.

Your bragging about 4 FOUR seasons of 9 or more wins in 14 seasons. Wow You really don't care. You can live with mediocrity

A combined 27 coaches in a combined 103 years didn't reach what Riley did at Oregon State in 14 years.

That isn't bragging, that isn't living with mediocrity, that's presenting facts against your ridiculous - and false - claim.

According to this article, after starting 24-2 in his first two years at OSU, Urban Meyer hadn't felt he had solidified a winning culture.

"Meyer has a winning program (24-2 in two seasons at Ohio State), but he isn't sure his Buckeyes had a winning culture for the past two years.

Meyer points to his team's pass defense as an example. The Buckeyes were horrible against the pass in 2013, allowing 268 yards a game through the air. That ranked 11th in the Big Ten and 110th nationally. Meyer and his coaches wanted to improve coverage, and they took steps to correct deficiencies. But Meyer isn't sure everyone was preaching the same message. "I've made mistakes in trying to attack behaviors," Meyer said. "For example, we're not playing hard on defense. You can try to fix behavior, but it's unsustainable unless you fix the culture. I believe in that from the bottom of my gut.""

That's one of the two best coaches of this era, walking into a stacked situation at OSU, and talking about entering year 3 without the right culture. Even after a bunch of winning. I think at minimum we can say that don't have nearly as ideal a scenario here, but we can reasonably say that being here "almost a year" is probably not near as sufficient as you intended.

I suppose that besides Dantonio's pass unit being rated lower than we are this year in pass efficiency (how long has Dantonio's system been in place?), and Meyer's unit being 110th in the nation and next to last in the B1G when he started out, blows up the idea that everywhere Meyer goes, top rated units show up even in transition, because he spendz the moneyzzzz.

I suspect you saw a glimpse of what this team could do if they wanted to play for Riley.
I am just glad that these players who are obviously totally brain washed and cant think for themselves could wake up from their Bo-trance and play at least one game. If they had played harder then the clock management issues that cost us a couple of games would not even have mattered

A combined 27 coaches in a combined 103 years didn't reach what Riley did at Oregon State in 14 years.

That isn't bragging, that isn't living with mediocrity, that's presenting facts against your ridiculous - and false - claim.

I understand you completely. You want to remain loyal to a coach that you have known for less that one year who has a 3-6 record at Nebraska. Because his mediocre coaching record at Oregon State was better than 27 truly awful coaches that preceded him there you want to go down swinging for Mike. Got it.

I understand you completely. You want to remain loyal to a coach that you have known for less that one year who has a 3-6 record at Nebraska. Because his mediocre coaching record at Oregon State was better than 27 truly awful coaches that preceded him there you want to go down swinging for Mike. Got it.

And you are seemingly loyal to a man who has yet to be named. Who you don't know at all.

Obvious you don't. But it didn't take you long to switch the subject after being corrected. I expected a little more fight from a "PAC 12 school season ticket holder".

If Riley doesn't work out, next man up. If the next man doesn't work, next man up.

And you are seemingly loyal to a man who has yet to be named. Who you don't know at all.

Laughing well done.

I am just glad that these players who are obviously totally brain washed and cant think for themselves could wake up from their Bo-trance and play at least one game. If they had played harder then the clock management issues that cost us a couple of games would not even have mattered

I know you don't like hearing stuff like this from me. But Minnesota and the full on tank job really isn't all that surprising. Up until the Minnesota game it was small mistakes that killed us. We finally came together as a team for Minnesota and the pendulum swung back hard representative of the players loyalty to Bo. The indoctrination kicked in and the team has been on cruise control ever since. I'm hoping to see the pendulum swing back and maybe correct itself.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Obvious you don't. But it didn't take you long to switch the subject after being corrected. I expected a little more fight from a "PAC 12 school season ticket holder".

If Riley doesn't work out, next man up. If the next man doesn't work, next man up.

Laughing well done.

You obviously did not read the following from me

Well Tim is on record of having been happier at 1-2 with Riley than he'd have been with a 3-0 Pelini team. Tim's happiest when Tim is happy, not when the team wins, apparently.

Reactions: Wasker77
Well Tim is on record of having been happier at 1-2 with Riley than he'd have been with a 3-0 Pelini team. Tim's happiest when Tim is happy, not when the team wins, apparently.

Damn right I said that. One should only be happy when the team wins?! Nice set of priorities you have there, can't wait to watch your next lawyery response to that gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT