ADVERTISEMENT

Team Ferentz about to get run?

If we don’t capitalize and start to assert our dominance, at least in the West this year?...
I don’t know how else this can be gift wrapped for us...

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter what we think. It is Iowa's football team and it has to represent the values of their fans, boosters, players, former players, etc. If it were a team I had a stake in, I would not be happy about this. Not just the claims and inaction in the past, but the lack of concern and in action now. KF and crew have basically chose to ignore this. No plan to improve, no acknowledgement of any wrong doing, etc. This could have been an opportunity to do better and they have chosen business as usual instead. However, this does not appear to be the response from their fan base. What I see are a lot of blaming the players that came forward and attacking their character. Deflecting and talking about issues or past issues at other schools and blaming anyone and everyone else from politics to the media to rival schools.

On a side note, maybe we can stop all the "Iowa Way" BS now. Every staff in America says things like, they recruit good kids, recruit to their system, do things the right way. In recent years, I have come to learn that Iowa fans actually believe this only applies to them. In hind sight, it may have been kind of ridiculous to trash other fan bases over things like transfers and press conferences, when there were bigger issues at home.

The sacrificial lamb:
tenor.gif

I think the biggest issue now is what they do with the son. If Kirk's son is canned for being a racist (which you pretty learn from your parents), what does KF do?

Let me ask you this...Doyle is gone, we know that, he clearly hates black people. Now, what if they can Kirk jr or whatever his sons name is...does KF do...

The old "If he goes I go" bit

or

Does he let his son get fired for hating black people, which, most people say comes from how your parents raised you.
This is why I took so long to come here and read this forum. I was pleasantly surprised that there was actual conversation....until I posted. Then the dorks come out to push buttons.

As to the person who is comparing this to JoePa, Art Briles, etc., give me a break. It’s not like white players got to shower first and take all the hot water or got first dibs at the training table. There have been plenty of white players coming out with the same bullying stories but, that stuff doesn’t make the air waves.

Here is a video of a black senior last year whose parents didn’t make senior day. Does his face look like a black player that has been oppressed for five years?

3364.jpg

That’s Kirk and his wife standing in for his parents on Senior Day.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter what we think. It is Iowa's football team and it has to represent the values of their fans, boosters, players, former players, etc. If it were a team I had a stake in, I would not be happy about this. Not just the claims and inaction in the past, but the lack of concern and in action now. KF and crew have basically chose to ignore this. No plan to improve, no acknowledgement of any wrong doing, etc. This could have been an opportunity to do better and they have chosen business as usual instead. However, this does not appear to be the response from their fan base. What I see are a lot of blaming the players that came forward and attacking their character. Deflecting and talking about issues or past issues at other schools and blaming anyone and everyone else from politics to the media to rival schools.

On a side note, maybe we can stop all the "Iowa Way" BS now. Every staff in America says things like, they recruit good kids, recruit to their system, do things the right way. In recent years, I have come to learn that Iowa fans actually believe this only applies to them. In hind sight, it may have been kind of ridiculous to trash other fan bases over things like transfers and press conferences, when there were bigger issues at home.
Ok time out! I know you like to troll and that’s fine, but are you serious with your first paragraph? Honest question. As I stated above, Kirk started changes in 2017. Btw, Doyle has been let go and I honestly don’t need know if I’ve seen any Iowa fans opposed to it.

Reactions: jvjhawk and 9and4
Ok time out! I know you like to troll and that’s fine, but are you serious with your first paragraph? Honest question. As I stated above, Kirk started changes in 2017. Btw, Doyle has been let go and I honestly don’t need know if I’ve seen any Iowa fans opposed to it.

You are calling me a troll? That's cute. So in your world, someone with an objective opinion of this situation, that does not match you view that KF has done a wonderful job and is above reproach is a "troll"? Gotcha.

As for my first paragraph, what exactly do you consider inaccurate? You have mentioned 2017 before, yet Iowa still has one of the worst graduation rates for black players in all of CFB, so what has he actually done? I watched the press conference the other day, he did nothing, took no responsibility, had no plan. I am not saying he needs to go, but he should at least address the issue(s) and make an honest attempt to fix the problem. But like I said, it is Iowa's program and ultimately their stakeholders will decide what is acceptable to them. As for Iowa fans, yes I see them defending Doyle everywhere, including your message board. I also see them talking about Frost press conferences, JD Spielman, Mo Washington, etc, as if this wasn't even happening.

You are calling me a troll? That's cute. So in your world, someone with an objective opinion of this situation, that does not match you view that KF has done a wonderful job and is above reproach is a "troll"? Gotcha.

As for my first paragraph, what exactly do you consider inaccurate? You have mentioned 2017 before, yet Iowa still has one of the worst graduation rates for black players in all of CFB, so what has he actually done? I watched the press conference the other day, he did nothing, took no responsibility, had no plan. I am not saying he needs to go, but he should at least address the issue(s) and make an honest attempt to fix the problem. But like I said, it is Iowa's program and ultimately their stakeholders will decide what is acceptable to them. As for Iowa fans, yes I see them defending Doyle everywhere, including your message board. I also see them talking about Frost press conferences, JD Spielman, Mo Washington, etc, as if this wasn't even happening.
iowa are and will forever remain trashbags

the definition of an afterthought program. even in their current hay day, nobody gives a rat's ass outside of their little black & yellow bubble

If we don’t capitalize and start to assert our dominance, at least in the West this year?...
I don’t know how else this can be gift wrapped for us...
Because Iowa's strength coach is gone? We have alot of work to do, to be a good football team and Iowa isn't going to just fall off the face of the earth because this jerk is gone.

Black transfers are down since 2017. Current players parents have come out and said their kids haven’t been targeted or bullied. Something has changed since then. Now, they are adding past players and coaches (Kirk era and pre-Kirk era). How is that doing nothing? That’s you trolling.

You obviously didn’t watch the press conference because the players mentioned numerous times the positive changes that have taken effect.

One of the biggest gripes was players not being able to be themselves and individuals. Kirk lifted his Twitter ban and even called it dumb on his part....in the press conference. How is that “nothing”?

Kirk will always be an in house guy and made it clear he doesn’t give a rats ass about what is being said outside the program. He will listen to his players more than people on “Tweeter”.

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell
Black transfers are down since 2017. Current players parents have come out and said their kids haven’t been targeted or bullied. Something has changed since then. Now, they are adding past players and coaches (Kirk era and pre-Kirk era). How is that doing nothing? That’s you trolling.

You obviously didn’t watch the press conference because the players mentioned numerous times the positive changes that have taken effect.

One of the biggest gripes was players not being able to be themselves and individuals. Kirk lifted his Twitter ban and even called it dumb on his part....in the press conference. How is that “nothing”?

Kirk will always be an in house guy and made it clear he doesn’t give a rats ass about what is being said outside the program. He will listen to his players more than people on “Tweeter”.
now that he's allowing players to finally logon to "Tweeter", will kurt delineate between fan and player accounts?

or will he continue to insist players' tweets are 'iowa approved' before they hit send?

smh imagine rooting for a program this backasswards.

They can now be individuals, with one pre-approved tweet per month.

And when you say he will listen to his players, you mean starting now, right? Or was suspending players who complained about Doyle, part of that listening?

Again, I am not saying he has to go because of these allegations, but let's be honest, he clearly doesn't want to address this issue.

And when you say he will listen to his players, you mean starting now, right? Or was suspending players who complained about Doyle, part of that listening?

Again, I am not saying he has to go because of these allegations, but let's be honest, he clearly doesn't want to address this issue.
kurt already walked that back, too

he's very progressive (when forced to be by dozens of former athletes and the national media)

Reactions: headcard
kurt already walked that back, too

he's very progressive (when forced to be by dozens of former athletes and the national media)
That's a good decision, eventually. The one pre-approved tweet thing, was dumber that not letting them do it at all.

It was a pretty sad press conference. Not daring bringing up Brian Ferentz by name and asking the white player what he liked on his pizza.

It had all the optics of the local press being afraid to ask any real questions. And from what I gather, the local Iowa media does walk on egg shells around Iowa football for fear of losing precious access.

That's a good decision, eventually. The one pre-approved tweet thing, was dumber that not letting them do it at all.
yea, I'm sure now every iowa football player can be confident they can express themselves online with zero risk of repercussion from the ferentz boys

source.gif

LaughingLaughingLaughing. Thanks for showing you don’t know squat. That tweet thing was a complete misunderstanding and corrected later. Players have/will be able to Tweet at their leisure. You continue to bring up false information. You’re turning into HuskerSalts.

You said Kirk is doing “nothing”. The current players say otherwise, that’s why I brought them up.

Reactions: jvjhawk
It was a pretty sad press conference. Not daring bringing up Brian Ferentz by name and asking the white player what he liked on his pizza.

It had all the optics of the local press being afraid to ask any real questions. And from what I gather, the local Iowa media does walk on egg shells around Iowa football for fear of losing precious access.
Yeah the pizza comment was in reference to Duncan tweeting about pizza toppings. Definitely was a weird comment for the time. Kirk isn’t going to comment on Brian because Brian reports to Barta and there is an investigation going on. Hopefully, Barta addresses that today.

LaughingLaughingLaughing. Thanks for showing you don’t know squat. That tweet thing was a complete misunderstanding and corrected later. Players have/will be able to Tweet at their leisure. You continue to bring up false information. You’re turning into HuskerSalts.

You said Kirk is doing “nothing”. The current players say otherwise, that’s why I brought them up.
Glad you are content with leadership on display at Iowa. Enjoy your denying and deflecting, seems healthy.

Yeah the pizza comment was in reference to Duncan tweeting about pizza toppings. Definitely was a weird comment for the time. Kirk isn’t going to comment on Brian because Brian reports to Barta and there is an investigation going on. Hopefully, Barta addresses that today.
what specific outcomes would you like to see from barta's presser?

would be good to have them documented.

what specific outcomes would you like to see from barta's presser?

would be good to have them documented.

I wouldn't expect any earth shattering news out of Iowa today. They'll acknowledge that Doyle is gone and that they've hired a Kansas City law firm to do a review of the program. That'll be about it at this point.

Glad you are content with leadership on display at Iowa. Enjoy your denying and deflecting, seems healthy.
That’s the thing, I’m not denying anything. I’m simply correcting the wrong information you’re putting out there. Doyle is gone, like I said needed done. The worst accusation against Brian is asking Wadley if he was robbing a bank when he had a mask on. A “joke” that we have said numerous times at work with Covid masks on.

An investigation is still to be complete and we will know the full scope of what Kirk knew or denied. That’s what will determine his fate. That and opinions of current/former players going forward.

Reactions: jvjhawk
I wouldn't expect any earth shattering news out of Iowa today. They'll acknowledge that Doyle is gone and that they've hired a Kansas City law firm to do a review of the program. That'll be about it at this point.
You might be correct. I’m not sure what else can be said at this point. Kirk and his players said some of the changes that have happened in the short term. At first it sounded like it was going to be an internal investigation so I’m hoping it’s going to be external.

That’s the thing, I’m not denying anything. I’m simply correcting the wrong information you’re putting out there. Doyle is gone, like I said needed done. The worst accusation against Brian is asking Wadley if he was robbing a bank when he had a mask on. A “joke” that we have said numerous times at work with Covid masks on.

An investigation is still to be complete and we will know the full scope of what Kirk knew or denied. That’s what will determine his fate. That and opinions of current/former players going forward.
yep, I'm sure kurt's entire lifetime of vitriol for social media has now changed and his players are free to comment as they please without fear of repercussion from the squeaky clean, player-first program.

Iowa is going to take the least painful way out. Regardless if Captain Kirk knew every detail or not. They never would have fired him, reading their board showed that.

They can be fine as long as they don't get caught trying to be like, "We had no idea!" and then lots of documentation of them clearly having an idea emerges. That's what got Urban and OSU, they knew all about that guy and kept him on staff anyhow.

They terminated the employee engaging in most of the unacceptable behavior, they promised (and have already acted upon) some changes to their team rules. If they stick with meaningful change and own their mistakes then they can put it behind them.

I say this often but look at what month it is. Gonna be very easy for this to get washed away in a sea of other stories before actual games are being played. As much as I'd like for Iowa to suffer so NU can benefit, they can completely recover from this.

BUT, they'll be under the spotlight so they can't slip back into old habits or have Junior start running his mouth with bad takes on hot button issues, or they'll force the University's hand.

Reactions: jvjhawk and OzzyLvr
It payout is actually $2.3 million which includes 15 months salary and two payments of $550,000. In exchange he cannot sue the U of I.

I'm surprised Iowa paid so much, but then we have not had to pay a former coach in 43 years.

Reactions: TheBeav815
It payout is actually $2.3 million which includes 15 months salary and two payments of $550,000. In exchange he cannot sue the U of I.

I'm surprised Iowa paid so much, but then we have not had to pay a former coach in 43 years.
collecting 6-9 win seasons to save up for that rainy day 'what if we hired a slew of racists' fund!

very smart by iowa if you ask me. only dumb programs fire coaches for on-field performance.

This is why I took so long to come here and read this forum. I was pleasantly surprised that there was actual conversation....until I posted. Then the dorks come out to push buttons.

As to the person who is comparing this to JoePa, Art Briles, etc., give me a break. It’s not like white players got to shower first and take all the hot water or got first dibs at the training table. There have been plenty of white players coming out with the same bullying stories but, that stuff doesn’t make the air waves.

Here is a video of a black senior last year whose parents didn’t make senior day. Does his face look like a black player that has been oppressed for five years?

3364.jpg

That’s Kirk and his wife standing in for his parents on Senior Day.

So you don't believe that often times racism starts at home with the parents? Interesting. Well, I appreciate your input.

Whether or not this puts the matter behind them, this clearly hurts their football team. You don’t lose the nations best strength coach and not get hurt going forward.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Will that be enough?
It absolutely will be enough. This is window dressing. KF and BF aren't going anywhere. Now they can get back to winning championships!!

Oh.... wait.... never mind. A person's brain just naturally assumes that if a program takes a "win at all costs!" approach that they're actually winning. Ironic.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Whether or not this puts the matter behind them, this clearly hurts their football team. You don’t lose the nations best strength coach and not get hurt going forward.
Nation's best strength coach might be a reach. I won't disagree that they develop well and get a lot out of unheralded classes. But you could argue Wisconsin does more with equivalent talent.

And certainly there are S&C coaches at schools where they actually have won some trophies since ever that would feel like they're perhaps more deserving of the title.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT