ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Ferentz shown the door...

I'm not sure anybody can turn their offense around as long as Kirk is the HC. He will insist on running the ball, throwing it to the tight ends and punting on 4th and 1.
KF never wanted to win games...he wanted to win contracts.

Look, there is nothing wrong with that, I get it, I would want to that too. He found the perfect spot with almost no expectations and an AD that was happy to collude with him, giving him huge deals for no reason and clearly getting some kickbacks from KF in one way or another.

They basically treated that school like embezzlers treat their company. They had the perfect situation, the "boss" had control of the money and the KF and him were BFF's.

One losing season in 20 years at a place like Iowa. I dislike him but the man's a legend.
stephen colbert eyes GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

No way can Josh McDaniel can survive.

I always thought nepotism played a major role in American farming. Is that a bad thing?
Not a bad thing but there are lots of farmers who make a good living with lackluster business and financial smarts because they inherited land.

Lots of speculation here, guess that is normal. I will add mine. I don't have any problems personally seeing Kirk making the decision that a change needs to be made, it is about the team overall. What was going was undeniable. There was likely pressure from the top as well. There has been plenty here on just about everything over the last 15 years. Kirk goes to AD and lays it out, AD wants to take the pressure off of dad, who wouldn't want that? AD agrees to be the bad guy which to me makes sense.

I actually did that once myself. My AD wanted the HC gone (I did as well) but was an assistant under him and was kind of a friend. I agreed to be the one making the decision which the HC never forgive me for. Downside was the AD went just bit too far in making me the bad guy. Lesson learned.

I really don't care either way, there are always more that appears on most of these situations.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Not a bad thing but there are lots of farmers who make a good living with lackluster business and financial smarts because they inherited land.
True and NO ONE complains more about stuff. Farmers literally wrote the book on bitching.

Lots of speculation here, guess that is normal. I will add mine. I don't have any problems personally seeing Kirk making the decision that a change needs to be made, it is about the team overall. What was going was undeniable. There was likely pressure from the top as well. There has been plenty here on just about everything over the last 15 years. Kirk goes to AD and lays it out, AD wants to take the pressure off of dad, who wouldn't want that? AD agrees to be the bad guy which to me makes sense.

I actually did that once myself. My AD wanted the HC gone (I did as well) but was an assistant under him and was kind of a friend. I agreed to be the one making the decision which the HC never forgive me for. Downside was the AD went just bit too far in making me the bad guy. Lesson learned.

I really don't care either way, there are always more that appears on most of these situations.
Really?

KKKirk did not make the decision. It was made for him

Why would you ever fire a high school coach, especially if they teach in the building?

Reactions: V-Doub
And were able to purchase more land because they had land as collateral. It’s easy to take bigger risks when you know you won’t lose everything. 1st generation creates it, 2nd enjoys it, 3rd destroys it.

The Ferentz legend has never come as close to National Championship than the UCF legend Scott Frost. Kirk Ferentz has had a remarkable career at Iowa but still remains Mr Irrelevant on the National stage. Two B1G championships in 25+ years. One year apart. The Man With No Eyes is Iowa Football, they could fight anybody back then. The Ferentz legend is like peeing in a dark suit... you get a warm feeling but no one notices.

The Ferentz legend has never come as close to National Championship than the UCF legend Scott Frost. Kirk Ferentz has had a remarkable career at Iowa but still remains Mr Irrelevant on the National stage. Two B1G championships in 25+ years. One year apart. The Man With No Eyes is Iowa Football, they could fight anybody back then. The Ferentz legend is like peeing in a dark suit... you get a warm feeling but no one notices.
Not gonna lie, bolded was funnier than shite.

The Man With No Eyes......

Kirk Ferentz addresses player allegations of mistreatment, vows to make changes - The Athletic

Apparently Kirk Ferentz Turned Down the Florida Job in 2004 - Black Heart Gold Pants

Iowa Coach Kirk Ferentz bleeds his way through postgame interview - The Washington Post

Baggy-eyed devil.

Where the hell did that red lipstick come from?

Last edited:
Brian Ferentz to come in as an analyst for o-line here

Frost for IA OC and Ferentz for NU OL coach!
What I’m saying is Frost would ruin Iowa football like he ruined Nebraska football.

Yes I know…how can you ruin Iowa football…something that never was? Frost for Iowa HC would set them back 20 years anyways lol

I just read an article that states Kirk is not happy with AD Beth Goetz's timing of her announcement that son Brian would not be back next season as the OC. I agree with Kirk. Kirk feels there was nothing to gain by announcing the impending departure during the season and he would have preferred it was done after the season was over. I didn't even know who the Iowa's AD was until reading this story, but it sure seems like Goetz is making a power play. After reading this I am leaning towards thinking the Ferentz boys will both leave Iowa City after the season is over to seek greener pastures.

Reactions: WHCSC
I just read an article that states Kirk is not happy with AD Beth Goetz's timing of her announcement that son Brian would not be back next season as the OC. I agree with Kirk. Kirk feels there was nothing to gain by announcing the impending departure during the season and he would have preferred it was done after the season was over. I didn't even know who the Iowa's AD was until reading this story, but it sure seems like Goetz is making a power play. After reading this I am leaning towards thinking the Ferentz boys will both leave Iowa City after the season is over to seek greener pastures.
Kirk might not want to be forced out now..

And where in the hell would he go after reading your post ? He will at least coach one more year unless they tank the month in November..

Ioway fans I know think they want a change and it still could be someone taking over on the staff. In any rate the new AD will have her work cut out for her.

Reactions: WHCSC
If it hasn’t happened already, Beth Goetz’s nickname should be Bernie.

Because she knows when to pull the trigger.

• Love
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
Can't wait to see how puckered and salty Kirk is going to be over this.
My adopted son signed with Hayden Fry, but played for Kirk, really liked him. Bielema on the staff at the time, liked him a lot too.

My adopted son is black had numerous contacts with the "racist" S & C guy who got canned, never seen a hint of that side of the man. My son knew him also, both said they liked the guy. Go figure.

My adopted son signed with Hayden Fry, but played for Kirk, really liked him. Bielema on the staff at the time, liked him a lot too.

My adopted son is black had numerous contacts with the "racist" S & C guy who got canned, never seen a hint of that side of the man. My son knew him also, both said they liked the guy. Go figure.
Yeah, but he's going to carry around a poison tipped dagger at all times, waiting for the chance to use it on the people that just fired his son (figuratively). And... because life is funny I'm assuming they'll score about 34 points on Saturday.

With KF staying on, Iowa's offense philosophy is not going to change drastically. Most Iowa fans like the "style" we run, we just can't be that bad at it. Instead of being last in the country in offense, Iowa should be in the 60-80 range the way they want to play the game.

With KF staying on, Iowa's offense philosophy is not going to change drastically. Most Iowa fans like the "style" we run, we just can't be that bad at it. Instead of being last in the country in offense, Iowa should be in the 60-80 range the way they want to play the game.
Some Iowa fans seem to think that this statement doesn't mean anything??

Reactions: BleedRed78
Since you’re an Iowa fan, do you know what he meant when he said “We have built something very special here?” I can’t figure that out.

There has never been a time in history when iowa football has been better

These are the glory years!

giphy.gif
They really are in a weird spot.

They have no NIL power.
They can't recruit at a national level nor at a top 20 level.
They will become a farm team for real schools.

They basically are in an abusive relationship with KF.

Reactions: king_kong_
ferentz is 118-85 in b10 play. bowls 20 of his 24 years. all time wins leader at iowa and longest tenured coach in the game. several conference and division championships. eight and eight v. N. suggesting he's not a solid coach is hogwash.
Several conf championships?

Might want to look closer

And we all agree he’s the greatest coach in iowa football history and we are witnessing their glory years

8-8 vs Nebraska! Wow! Much better than that old lesbian your school named its entire town after

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
ferentz is 118-85 in b10 play. bowls 20 of his 24 years. all time wins leader at iowa and longest tenured coach in the game. several conference and division championships. eight and eight v. N. suggesting he's not a solid coach is hogwash.
What does "solid" mean?

9 seasons of losing or .500ish records and 10 seasons of .500 or less in a terrible conference where every season he got to play MSU, PU, Illinois, Indiana, NW and so on.

If by solid you mean an average coach with an AD that was happy to keep him around instead of trying to get a better coach? Sure, I agree with that.

To put this into context, Bo never had less than 9 wins and never less than 5 wins in conference. Kirk had less than 5 conference wins 10 times.

So is Bo better than KF? I believe Bo is better.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Several conf championships?

Might want to look closer

And we all agree he’s the greatest coach in iowa football history and we are witnessing their glory years

8-8 vs Nebraska! Wow! Much better than that old lesbian your school named its entire town after
Which one of KF's several Big Ten Championships was your favorite? Which one was most magical?

HAHAHA

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Which one of KF's several Big Ten Championships was your favorite? Which one was most magical?

HAHAHA
his 8-0 conference championship was probably his best team, idk, i don't follow iowa closely. but he has a second. and won the west just a couple seasons ago at 7-2.

"solid" means going to bowl games almost every year, 20 of 24 in his case. putting guys in the nfl. winning or challenging within the division. that's not great but certainly a solid record. recognizing he coaches iowa, not michigan.

Reactions: thall__
his 8-0 conference championship was probably his best team, idk, i don't follow iowa closely. but he has a second. and won the west just a couple seasons ago at 7-2.

"solid" means going to bowl games almost every year, 20 of 24 in his case. putting guys in the nfl. winning or challenging within the division. that's not great but certainly a solid record. recognizing he coaches iowa, not michigan.
I think that is fair.

I do suppose that puts Bo "above solid" which I am fine with too.

Reactions: AVeritas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT