ADVERTISEMENT

Team Ferentz about to get run?

Meh. I'd be shocked. Only way I see that happening is if there is a major player revolt, mass exodus to the transfer portal, etc.
They'll probably say all the right things, make a few token gestures, and just keep on being Io_a.
I agree would really be surprised if Kirk goes, but who knows the way things balloon in today’s world

A couple a days ago, I would agree with the above sentiments. Not now, though. Some of the stuff said that hasn’t been in articles is pretty damning. Not real sure that staff survives this.

Totally depends on if it stays in the news and/or if there is a protest at the school.

Not sure if Kirk will fo but the author sure nailed this one.

"From the outside, the image of Iowa’s program has been as steady and low-key as that of its coach, Kirk Ferentz, who does not self-promote, does not allow his players to self-promote and whose ethos has revolved entirely around the consistent grind of 8-5 seasons, give or take a couple wins. Boring was the brand Ferentz has packaged and sold time and again as his contract grew longer and his power over the Iowa athletic department deepened. "

A couple a days ago, I would agree with the above sentiments. Not now, though. Some of the stuff said that hasn’t been in articles is pretty damning. Not real sure that staff survives this.
The thing that might do him in is keeping Doyle after learning of some of the things that he did and after the work out injuries.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Think KF survives this but IMO both the OC and DC don’t. If they find a pattern that the complaints went no farther than those two, there is no saving them. Might than see KF announce his retirement post season.

Kirk walks on water in Iowa. If these guys take him down God save us all.
Agreed. I have nephews that are iowegians since they grew up there. Lt Kirk is a god in i_wa except for the ones that bitch about the fact that a FB coach is their highest paid public employee in that state

Might come down to him having the option to keep his job if he shit cans Brian, and he'd likely walk away before doing that.

If you can your coaching staff every few years, you can insulate yourself from stuff like this.
2101305.jpg

Amazing that all this was hidden year after year with zero complaints from all these guys that now come forward. Seems odd.

normally yes, but this Floyd thing has really gotten people going and it has blacks opening up. There are more and more blacks that are refusing to be quieted anymore, for anyone. I’m been seeing more and more opening up on Twitter since this Floyd thing.

normally yes, but this Floyd thing has really gotten people going and it has blacks opening up. There are more and more blacks that are refusing to be quieted anymore, for anyone. I’m been seeing more and more opening up on Twitter since this Floyd thing.

I understand that but one would think not all of these players would have said nothing if all this is true.

I understand that but one would think not all of these players would have said nothing if all this is true.

I definitely see your point. I have no idea, none. And myself, I’m not going to claim these black players are lying or telling the truth. Not with all this stuff going on. I’m taking right field and just watching. ;)

Amazing that all this was hidden year after year with zero complaints from all these guys that now come forward. Seems odd.
It's not odd at all. That's a very common pattern, especially when dealing with a powerful entity like somebody very wealthy or famous or successful. Players have said they did complain to people within the staff or the Ath Dept and nothing was done about it.

We've been through this discussion time and again about the damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't logic that people put on victims. If they're the only one making the accusation it's "funny how nobody else is saying this. Don't you think there'd be more if this really happened?

Or if they come forward along with other it's "funny how you didn't say anything until now. Don't you think you should have spoken up sooner if this really happened?"

You're put them in a situation where they can't be right by engaging in that discussion.

Meh. I'd be shocked. Only way I see that happening is if there is a major player revolt, mass exodus to the transfer portal, etc.
They'll probably say all the right things, make a few token gestures, and just keep on being Io_a.
I read where Doyels
Does Brian Ferentz still report to the Governor? Is so will his behavior be evaluated the same as a non-University employee?
He reports to the athletic director

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I'd say some are actual things they've endured and some are exaggerated as to not be left out. Going through basic training the TI's berated you with many things trying to get under your skin to see if you break and also to make you push yourself. If it's a one time scenario, or just something you think could be questionable, is it really that big of a deal to fan the flames with it? No!
Should KF be let go? Ultimately, I'd say yes. He's responsible for what goes on in the program and him saying he didn't know is no different the Paterno claiming he didn't know. Both were responsible what went on in their program, both were best friends with the guilty party. You can't claim ignorance after 20 years of working side by side as they do. He's merely trying to save his own skin, ignoring what his son did, all while throwing Dowel under the bus as the scapegoat. That's my view.

Thanks for the 43 minute video. Cliffs notes please?

I can try later, but it is a lot. Iowa media basically refusing to cover this right now, and they are instead jumping on the Ferentz apology tour bus.

Maybe some intrepid journalist in Illinois or Nebraska will cover this so we don't need to spell it out here...

I watched 8 minutes, and that told me enough about where she was coming from. She’s pretty hot about Iowa’s inaction at this point.

you guys are rather funny in your comments

having lived in three states, Iowa, Missouri, and Nebraska .. there is one that would be in third place for where I would want to retire of the 3. hint it begins with an N

as far as worshipping someone . odd coming from Osborne never did anything wrong fans

I think most of you that played sports were driven very hard by either your coach or your conditioning coach, perhaps both.

tell a white lad that he may have to stick to farming to me is the same as telling a black lad that he may have to return to the ghetto . Both are stereotyping.. its just that nowadays one is viewed very differently

sort of remind me of the ' me too ' happenings and if you think Iowa or USC, Georgia or whomever has an exclusive on working athletes hard, perhaps using bad language and perhaps language that isn't totally proper, well you have another thing coming .

ADVERTISEMENT