ADVERTISEMENT

Team Ferentz about to get run?

The main focus from players has been on Doyle. That’s why he didn’t get the benefit of the doubt. It was pretty obvious he need to go. The first and biggest step was to get rid of him. Paying him comes with the piece of mind that he won’t be filing any lawsuits in the future. It was probably the cheapest and quickest way for Iowa to move on from him. That’s my take away.
You are very loyal to kf which I can understand, but he is the ceo of the football team and like Harry Truman said the buck stops here. Iowa needs to let kf go out gracefully and retire at the end of the season. If not Iowa will be forever tarnished of racism just like fans call penn st pedo st because of Jerry Sandusky

Reactions: nwualum
So BF still has a job at Iowa??? What a effing joke....Kirk “independent review” Ferentz looking out for his little boy...RollingLaugh

You are very loyal to kf which I can understand, but he is the ceo of the football team and like Harry Truman said the buck stops here. Iowa needs to let kf go out gracefully and retire at the end of the season. If not Iowa will be forever tarnished of racism just like fans call penn st pedo st because of Jerry Sandusky
That’s quite a bit of an overreaction at the end. Both Kirk and I agree that the buck stops with him. He is a great leader and is already turning this into a positive. I think he gets as much time as he wants as long as the investigation isn’t damning and as long as current and former black players stand behind him.

It’s a bullying problem with some racial insensitivity problem more than a racial problem. The most heart wrenching story came from a white player name Jack Kallenberger. A defensive coach would call him Simple Jack (from Tropic Thunder) because apparently he had a known ADHD learning disability. A lot of white players have claimed to get the same drill Sargent treatment from Doyle as the black players. But those stories don’t get tweeted out by Bomani Jones or national news networks. Why? Well, it doesn’t fit a narrative.

Could you imagine the Iowa fans if this was happening to Frost and Nebraska? Iowa fans outta eat crow and go about their lives. This one will be hanging over them as long as Kirk is the HC so ya better get used to it.
I was thinking about this the other day. If this were happening to Nebraska, there would easily be 100+ Iowa trolls here taking over every single thread. It would be all the comments by Iowa fans on Twitter. They would never let it go. It would be insane.
No doubt this would be happening if roles were reversed. It’s sad that we almost take glee in other programs down falls because of competition. I’m not immune to it.

Reactions: jvjhawk
SWIowahawks, I’m going to make a prediction the next head coach Iowa hires will not be Gary Barta decision..

Other wise you Herky’s are Fu’ED
I agree with your post except for why would Iowa be effed if he did? He has the athletic department humming as far as winning goes. (Outside this obvious black eye).

Lol that Iowa fan thinks any player on the current roster is going to create a stink...Iowa players aren’t playing for conference or national championships they are playing for a shot at the NFL and KF has proven to be moderately successful at getting players to the league.....players currently on the team will go along to get along....no reason to risk their shot at the NFL...Based on history of behavior KF/BF would retaliate against any player that speaks out....

Or if things are so bad they could transfer, Hell they could probably get waivers. The reality is the majority of players seem to feel KF is the right person to lead the program going forward, The ones that don’t feel that way will likely leave, So far aside from Doyle’s kid I haven’t heard of anyone leaving since this all went down, Time will tell.

Or if things are so bad they could transfer, Hell they could probably get waivers. The reality is the majority of players seem to feel KF is the right person to lead the program going forward, The ones that don’t feel that way will likely leave, So far aside from Doyle’s kid I haven’t heard of anyone leaving since this all went down, Time will tell.
Right. To add more wondering to the equation is connected to my last example about Jack Kallenberger. He transferred but his brother is still on the program. James Daniels came to Iowa over an offer from in state program Ohio State. He had an older brother that played and started at RB for Iowa. If it was so damn bad, why would the older brother allow James to come to Iowa? There have been so many mixed signals with this thing. It kind of gives me the opinion that we blew it a bit out of proportion.

In Oklahoma States case, Hubbard could have gone pro and would have been drafted, but chose to stay. So how bad is it really at OSU?

That’s quite a bit of an overreaction at the end. Both Kirk and I agree that the buck stops with him. He is a great leader and is already turning this into a positive. I think he gets as much time as he wants as long as the investigation isn’t damning and as long as current and former black players stand behind him.

It’s a bullying problem with some racial insensitivity problem more than a racial problem. The most heart wrenching story came from a white player name Jack Kallenberger. A defensive coach would call him Simple Jack (from Tropic Thunder) because apparently he had a known ADHD learning disability. A lot of white players have claimed to get the same drill Sargent treatment from Doyle as the black players. But those stories don’t get tweeted out by Bomani Jones or national news networks. Why? Well, it doesn’t fit a narrative.

Wow, so it's not a systemic racism problem at the University of Iowa? The lone white player nicknamed Simple Jack was the most heart-wrenching story to you. Not the scores of other players, oppressed and vilified because of the color of their skin. Not the scores of other players that had to wander the corn fields of Iowa uncomfortably knowing deep-rooted racism was lurking behind every corner. Unbelievable take from Hawkeye fan! There's the problem right there!

For those wondering, "Why now?" Why did it take them so long to all come out with their stories? It's because of people like SWIowahawks living in Iowa ready to deflect the blame, deflect the real issue at hand. Intense racism at the University of Iowa is the problem my friend! Cold, calculated racism permeating the halls of Kinnick Stadium is the problem!

Lawsuits! Love it!

You know why they paid him so much when he contract was up in 72 hours? TO NEVER OPEN HIS MOUTH! It is brilliant!

You don't think KF had anything to do with this? You think his BFF for the last 30 years and him didn't chat and say "Yo...how much do you want/need to shut the **** up...1.1? Done"

This was done perfectly. KF might be the last of the old school coaches that is really the de facto AD. Nothing wrong with that.

As the pressure continues, as the eyes are kept in critical judgment of iowa football in every aspect, there will be no good stories, no good direction,only criticism. It's the medias perception today that counts,facts simply don't matter.
With this pressure, as the team gets closer,pushed by this pessure, how does kf et al react?

Do they become a us against the world mentality,ala Bo, or can they remain who they were when the pressure demands change?
This is far from over.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Because claiming ignorance of pedophilia and ignorance of bullying/insensitive remarks is slightly different isn’t it? This investigation will tell us more. If Kirk knew more than what he is leading on, then we can discuss cover-ups. Plenty of Iowa players have stated that change starts in the weight room and with Brian. As Barta just said, the fate of BF will hinge on the investigation.

It's an opinion which I'm allowed to have, not far fetched. Ignorance is not a defense, simple as that. Many have been fired for less ignorance. KF is paid a lot of money to know what is going on with his team. This board is tame compared to the vial things that are said on your board. You get caught for a racial issue and you have posters trying to make this a Nebraska problem as to why JD left. Do you call them out? Nope! Your board is a cesspool of holier than thous attacking each and every school issue until the shoes on the other foot, then there's a good reason the story doesn't fit the agenda.
Sad thing is, I've always defended you here and then you go and call me a Dork for having an opinion that doesn't meet your deflection agenda of KKKF. Wow, KKKF, that will stick for awhile, virual in 3-2-1.... If we stick to the Iowa rule book, KKKF has no redeeming value now and will forevermore be a racist and there is nothing good about him. Beat the drums, light the fires, lets march.

Wow, so it's not a systemic racism problem at the University of Iowa? The lone white player nicknamed Simple Jack was the most heart-wrenching story to you. Not the scores of other players, oppressed and vilified because of the color of their skin. Not the scores of other players that had to wander the corn fields of Iowa uncomfortably knowing deep-rooted racism was lurking behind every corner. Unbelievable take from Hawkeye fan! There's the problem right there!

For those wondering, "Why now?" Why did it take them so long to all come out with their stories? It's because of people like SWIowahawks living in Iowa ready to deflect the blame, deflect the real issue at hand. Intense racism at the University of Iowa is the problem my friend! Cold, calculated racism permeating the halls of Kinnick Stadium is the problem!
JFC. You obviously know nothing of the situation so no further comment is needed than JFC!

It's an opinion which I'm allowed to have, not far fetched. Ignorance is not a defense, simple as that. Many have been fired for less ignorance. KF is paid a lot of money to know what is going on with his team. This board is tame compared to the vial things that are said on your board. You get caught for a racial issue and you have posters trying to make this a Nebraska problem as to why JD left. Do you call them out? Nope! Your board is a cesspool of holier than thous attacking each and every school issue until the shoes on the other foot, then there's a good reason the story doesn't fit the agenda.
Sad thing is, I've always defended you here and then you go and call me a Dork for having an opinion that doesn't meet your deflection agenda of KKKF. Wow, KKKF, that will stick for awhile, virual in 3-2-1.... If we stick to the Iowa rule book, KKKF has no redeeming value now and will forevermore be a racist and there is nothing good about him. Beat the drums, light the fires, lets march.
I didn’t call you a dork but you’re not helping yourself. I don’t post on the free boards often because, as you said, it’s a cesspool. It’s funny that their was actually good dialogue in this thread until someone with “Hawks” in their name posted nothing crazy, then the normal “dorks, trolls,” whatever you want to call them; post nonsense to try and get negative reactions. I’m fine with jabbing but atleast be factual about it. Feel free to ignore me.

I agree with your post except for why would Iowa be effed if he did? He has the athletic department humming as far as winning goes. (Outside this obvious black eye).

I don’t think Barta could get a top notch Coach...
When Captain Kirk retires, you Herky’s will want another AD..
His best hire was hiring your Baseball Coach..

Give him credit for hiring Fran all you want..

I wouldn't ignore you, I actually still like you. I'm just sick of how Hawkeyes can take the littlest thing about any other team and blow it way out of proportion, but when the shit hits the fan at home there's nothing to see. If this happen at Nebraska instead of Iowa, your fanbase would be everywhere demanding nothing short of the whole Nebraska coaching staff being fired. Funny you support KKKF in this thread but then in the Gundy thread you determine the problem is much deeper according to past players. Wasn't it your past player that called out the problems? Gundy's got called out over a picture of him wearing a news network T-shirt worn fishing. Iowa's is factual racist bullying where one coach will pay the price to save two. Sorry, just ain't buying it.

I wouldn't ignore you, I actually still like you. I'm just sick of how Hawkeyes can take the littlest thing about any other team and blow it way out of proportion, but when the shit hits the fan at home there's nothing to see. If this happen at Nebraska instead of Iowa, your fanbase would be everywhere demanding nothing short of the whole Nebraska coaching staff being fired. Funny you support KKKF in this thread but then in the Gundy thread you determine the problem is much deeper according to past players. Wasn't it your past player that called out the problems? Gundy's got called out over a picture of him wearing a news network T-shirt worn fishing. Iowa's is factual racist bullying where one coach will pay the price to save two. Sorry, just ain't buying it.

Yup, he showed his hand there and in this thread by saying the only white player involved was the most heartbreaking story.

The hatred runs deep within the University of Iowa. Ku Klux Kirk is where the buck stops.

The Iowa fan base has circled the wagons and are defending Classy Kirk the way PSU fans defended JoePa. Its hilarious watching them defend and deflect the racial issues that were brought up by over 50 of their players. I swear they sound just like Baghdad Bob denying any truth to these issues.

Why haven't we heard more from Classy Kirk? Or is it Kirk the Klansman now? What about Kirks fat, loud mouthed kid? Sounds like he has been part of the problem too. Has he made a statement? Is Kirk covering this part up and made Doyle the fall guy for everything?

When the Cockeyes have their first game will Kirk run out on the field wearing a robe and hood or will he be wearing pants and a polo pretending not to be a racist? For the throngs of delusional and hypocritical Cockeye fans that monitor this board 24/7/365 maybe its time to go home and STFU about how perfect Kirk and your program is.

Ok time out! I know you like to troll and that’s fine, but are you serious with your first paragraph? Honest question. As I stated above, Kirk started changes in 2017. Btw, Doyle has been let go and I honestly don’t need know if I’ve seen any Iowa fans opposed to it.

tenor.gif

I don’t think Barta could get a top notch Coach...
When Captain Kirk retires, you Herky’s will want another AD..
His best hire was hiring your Baseball Coach..

Give him credit for hiring Fran all you want..
Sticking with Kirk and Fran was a good start. The men’s track and field team won the conference last year I believe. The softball program did a complete 180 to start this season before being cancelled. He does have a couple bad hires like VB but we shall see how the new coach turns out. Thanks for the clarification.

Gundy had players posting the exact same comments as Iowa did. Guys said the culture needs changed at OSU. Guys said they were told “I’ll send you back to the hood”. But for some reason that hasn’t gotten any play. It’s kind of weird that the entire Gundy thread thinks it’s about the shirt. Gundy addressed things right away and things sure calmed down quick.

I haven’t denied anything. I’ve stated numerous times here that there were obviously culture and bullying issues. I stated Doyle needed fired before he did. I’ve stated the investigation is going to be key. All I’ve done here is correct some wrong information.

Macon even has a Tweet calling for Gundy to be fired.

The fact that these haven’t shown up in the Mike Gundy thread shows me that Iowa doesn’t have the only fan base that sees what it wants. ;)

Yup, he showed his hand there and in this thread by saying the only white player involved was the most heartbreaking story.

The hatred runs deep within the University of Iowa. Ku Klux Kirk is where the buck stops.
The fact that you think Jack was the only white player involved shows exactly what I said about you. You don’t know anything about the situation.

Find me a worse accusation. There have been plenty of white players calling out Doyle and giving the same stories as the black players. Doyle did cross the line on a few occasions and for that, he gone.

The fact that you think Jack was the only white player involved shows exactly what I said about you. You don’t know anything about the situation.

Find me a worse accusation. There have been plenty of white players calling out Doyle and giving the same stories as the black players. Doyle did cross the line on a few occasions and for that, he gone.

Dork, stop. You are a fan of another team. We are going to make fun of you and your team. It is how it works. It is not personal and no one "actually cares" It is all just to mess with you dorks.

Let me get this straight, you are telling me that you think the most heartbreaking story to come out of this is the tale of a young white man that essentially got called "dumb" to his face? Not the systemic racism at the University of Iowa spearheaded by Ku Klux Kirk, but what boils down to someone getting called a dummy?

You, the University of Iowa fanbase, and Ku Klux Kirk surely are peas in a pod.

Let me get this straight, you are telling me that you think the most heartbreaking story to come out of this is the tale of a young white man that essentially got called "dumb" to his face? Not the systemic racism at the University of Iowa spearheaded by Ku Klux Kirk, but what boils down to someone getting called a dummy?

You, the University of Iowa fanbase, and Ku Klux Kirk surely are peas in a pod.
I’d love to venture even further down this rabbit hole but I’m no longer giving my time or attention to some one so blatantly dishonest as youre trying to be, based on my screen name. Have a good evening.

I’d love to venture even further down this rabbit hole but I’m no longer giving my time or attention to some one so blatantly dishonest as youre trying to be, based on my screen name. Have a good evening.

Why is he being so blatantly dishonest? Just because you dislike what he’s saying or just because you want to believe your Iowa team and coaching staff is still filled with Saints and still do no wrong...although there are countless former black Iowa players stepping up and saying other wise? It’s funny, just keep those blinders on friend and pretending your Iowa team has no issues. But we all know why Iowa paid the former S&C coach so much money while he got fired...to keep him hush hush on other crap that’s going on with the rest of the staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT