ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Ferentz shown the door...

BF, you're fired!!! With that said, would you mind finishing out the season?

I think Iowa is moving toward a program reset. Kirk will retire end of season.
At his point, how do you not?

He lost his best friend and guy who made him super rich even though he should have been canned years ago, in Barta.

Then he essentially had his balls handed to him by an interim AD who fired his son in front of him, clearly while Dad was protesting the firing.

How do you stay? Would he even be allowed to hire the next OC?

Reactions: Wasker77
I don’t know how Kirk can stay. He has too feel undermined. I think it will be a mistake but I bet they can get another school to hire them both. I even have one for them that will require just a short move, Indiana.
Serious question, does Indiana even care about football? Because if they do I wouldn’t hire the ferentz boys, I’d take a swing at a coach in lower levels having success. It’s working for Kansas and Kstate, they had Kalen Deboer on staff, have to be kicking themselves for not seeing his future success and figuring a way to make him the HC

Serious question, does Indiana even care about football? Because if they do I wouldn’t hire the ferentz boys, I’d take a swing at a coach in lower levels having success. It’s working for Kansas and Kstate, they had Kalen Deboer on staff, have to be kicking themselves for not seeing his future success and figuring a way to make him the HC
Interesting that you ask “does Indiana even care about football?” I just asked my wife who is a Ft Wayne, Indiana native and Purdue grad what she thought about my idea of the Ferentz boys going to IU. She responded with those exact same words.

Depending on how their final 4 games play out, the AD may persuade him into retiring after the bowl game..

Oh man, this is from an Iowa poster (ironically it is what I have said for years, Barta and KF were basically colluding against the school.

Give the guy credit, he found a way to keep this fraud going. Who is his agent? the 1 time hospital donation idea was brilliant. That bribe made him basically untouchable. 99/100 HC would have been sent packing after his staff abused those black players. Then that schedule, he (agent) took care of Barta with the kickback from the contract extensions and Barta took care of him with the yearly sissy schedule to keep him around. 25 years and nothing but a bunch of toilet bowls and embarrassment.
KF the Bernie Madoff of college football ... good for him.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Man.,.I really don’t need Iowa to have an offense to go with Parker’s Defense. I just don’t need that in my life.

Reactions: t7w0c1
Oh my god, I wish now that I never looked at the Iowa board, here is another amazing post!

It's a very, very, very good job. Without a doubt, a top 20 coaching destination with proven longevity and respect if successful. Ultimately, we're a second tier job which is very good.

However, Iowa fans can be brutal as hell also.

• Haha
No way can Josh McDaniel can survive.

I always thought nepotism played a major role in American farming. Is that a bad thing?
Key word being frequently. I personally knew few people who were financially well off enough to get into farming unless they grew up on a farm and could work their way into the family operation over many years.

I always thought nepotism played a major role in American farming. Is that a bad thing?
For a family business, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Trying to run a university athletic department like a family business is almost always disastrous. Ask Texas Tech and Oklahoma State basketball. DePaul too, for that matter.

say what you want about Brian Ferentz, the dude is one of the best OL/TE coaches in the country.

this could lead to a total loss of identity that will be hilarious to watch, and i'm sure the Patriots will welcome him back with open arms.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT