ADVERTISEMENT

Team Ferentz about to get run?

you guys are rather funny in your comments

having lived in three states, Iowa, Missouri, and Nebraska .. there is one that would be in third place for where I would want to retire of the 3. hint it begins with an N

as far as worshipping someone . odd coming from Osborne never did anything wrong fans

I think most of you that played sports were driven very hard by either your coach or your conditioning coach, perhaps both.

tell a white lad that he may have to stick to farming to me is the same as telling a black lad that he may have to return to the ghetto . Both are stereotyping.. its just that nowadays one is viewed very differently

sort of remind me of the ' me too ' happenings and if you think Iowa or USC, Georgia or whomever has an exclusive on working athletes hard, perhaps using bad language and perhaps language that isn't totally proper, well you have another thing coming .

It's not for everybody

you guys are rather funny in your comments

having lived in three states, Iowa, Missouri, and Nebraska .. there is one that would be in third place for where I would want to retire of the 3. hint it begins with an N

as far as worshipping someone . odd coming from Osborne never did anything wrong fans

I think most of you that played sports were driven very hard by either your coach or your conditioning coach, perhaps both.

tell a white lad that he may have to stick to farming to me is the same as telling a black lad that he may have to return to the ghetto . Both are stereotyping.. its just that nowadays one is viewed very differently

sort of remind me of the ' me too ' happenings and if you think Iowa or USC, Georgia or whomever has an exclusive on working athletes hard, perhaps using bad language and perhaps language that isn't totally proper, well you have another thing coming .

Bro...this is about the Iowa coaches. Of course we are going to make fun of the situation and rip on the coaches. This is how it works when you are a fan of a team and something bad happens to another team. It is busting balls.

Buy my book I need money. Kirk forced nfl to not sign my baby boy blah blah

If that’s what you got out of that video. It proved her point, Iowa has a culture problem. Any fan or alumni that stands up in defense with your attitude should be shamed publicly.

This should be investigated fully by the Iowa Attorneys General office. Interviews with everyone who wants to be heard that played at Iowa for the entirety of KF career.
Then a disciplinary board will decide to Keep or Fire the staff. Anything short of that is a joke, and black players should reconsider staying at or attending Iowa.

Now go stick your racist head back in the sand!

Reactions: SkerInCo
In-state tuition = free? Where can I apply for a refund?
Yeah you're right. He wanted to give them resident tuition not free tuition and that didn't sit well with a lot of his base. As a 2nd gen grad and non-resident tax payer of Nebraska paying non-resident tuition for my party boy son, it didn't sit well with me either.

For real, I am at a loss.

50 players come out and accuse the coaches of being dicks, racists, demeaning and ruining their lives...

Kirk comes out and talks for 3 minutes, takes questions from only local (I think) Iowa fan reports, trots out 3 black players to say "nothing to see here" and that is it?

For real, I am at a loss.

50 players come out and accuse the coaches of being dicks, racists, demeaning and ruining their lives...

Kirk comes out and talks for 3 minutes, takes questions from only local (I think) Iowa fan reports, trots out 3 black players to say "nothing to see here" and that is it?

Correction:the punter was white that was present..

Until Barta speaks.. nothing to see here..

Doyle obviously has to go. I do think this has been blown up alittle more than what the players meant it to do. Jaleel Johnson and Mike Daniels were very vocal from the start. In March they both tweeted that Chris Doyle is the best strength coach in the country no question. It seems pretty obvious Doyle was just a straight up ass hole who held grudges and had a dog house that you had to get out of.

Some of the stories are kind of laughable when it comes to racism but there was definitely something wrong internally. Kirk was actually proactive after 2017 saw a string of black players leave the program early. Black leadership committees were started to try and figure what was going on.

As far as Wadley and DJK, who we knew would try and blow things up, they pretty much blame Kirk for not making the NFL. Saying he bad mouthed to NFL teams about them. DJK was a well known drug dealer and loose cannon. Wadley has been accused lately of taking money for autographs and not sending merchandise. (A buddy of mine paid and received his signed football so who knows).

Like I said earlier, there is definitely smoke to the bullying atmosphere against black AND white players as plenty of credible players have spoken.

I will say that good leadership is in play here. No one has left the program or decommited yet so I think the feeling is that Kirk is listening and making changes. Former players and coaches are forming more committees so players can can feel open to speaking more. There was a very emotional and raw meeting last Monday before workouts started. Doyle has been placed on administrative leave and players are saying it’s fun again.

Reactions: jvjhawk
Doyle obviously has to go. I do think this has been blown up alittle more than what the players meant it to do. Jaleel Johnson and Mike Daniels were very vocal from the start. In March they both tweeted that Chris Doyle is the best strength coach in the country no question. It seems pretty obvious Doyle was just a straight up ass hole who held grudges and had a dog house that you had to get out of.

Some of the stories are kind of laughable when it comes to racism but there was definitely something wrong internally. Kirk was actually proactive after 2017 saw a string of black players leave the program early. Black leadership committees were started to try and figure what was going on.

As far as Wadley and DJK, who we knew would try and blow things up, they pretty much blame Kirk for not making the NFL. Saying he bad mouthed to NFL teams about them. DJK was a well known drug dealer and loose cannon. Wadley has been accused lately of taking money for autographs and not sending merchandise. (A buddy of mine paid and received his signed football so who knows).

Like I said earlier, there is definitely smoke to the bullying atmosphere against black AND white players as plenty of credible players have spoken.

I will say that good leadership is in play here. No one has left the program or decommited yet so I think the feeling is that Kirk is listening and making changes. Former players and coaches are forming more committees so players can can feel open to speaking more. There was a very emotional and raw meeting last Monday before workouts started. Doyle has been placed on administrative leave and players are saying it’s fun again.
In today’s world where a single word gets you fired, I could see K F doesn’t get suspended like urb did. Doyle is gone and who knows about bf. I could foresee kf retiring at seasons end. You as a Iowa fan should hope for some type of punishment for kf because imo it will hurt Iowa in recruiting as a Nebraska fan I hope they sweep it under the rug so Iowa gets hammered merciless

Let me ask you this...Doyle is gone, we know that, he clearly hates black people. Now, what if they can Kirk jr or whatever his sons name is...does KF do...

The old "If he goes I go" bit

or

Does he let his son get fired for hating black people, which, most people say comes from how your parents raised you.

The vast majority of Iowa fans have fallen into the camp of “kids aren’t mentally tough these days, this stuff goes on everywhere...” it’s an amusing stance, but at least Iowa fans are consistent in their hypocrisy...:)
well to some degree its the truth. I've never been a fan of ex-marine style coaching but that has been Iowa's program. What was okay 30 years ago doesn't fly with today's youth. I like the idea of no yelling coaching, but at some point you have to figure out how to get something through to the kid. Personally I would rather have somebody call me a horribly offensive name IF it got me to where I needed to go with my job, than to have him be nice to me and let me ride the pine.

Reactions: headcard
Most of these Iowa fans defend KF much like PSU fans defended Paterno. In the end, the coacg=h is ultimately responsible, Doyle has been KF's buddy all those years and BF is his son. The two closest people to KF are the main culprits, you can't tell me he had no idea the problem existed. Sorry, just doesn't fly.

Most of these Iowa fans defend KF much like PSU fans defended Paterno. In the end, the coacg=h is ultimately responsible, Doyle has been KF's buddy all those years and BF is his son. The two closest people to KF are the main culprits, you can't tell me he had no idea the problem existed. Sorry, just doesn't fly.
I agree. Red lights should have gone off on Doyle after he put 13 Iowa players in the hospital in January 2011. Instead, Ferentz gave him the assistant coach of the year award less than 3 months later and then made him the highest paid S&C coach in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT