ADVERTISEMENT

Suck it!!!

i always keep watching because you just never know.

True but the defense did come out and rock the second half. If they played like that for 4 quarters then Oregon wouldn't have been a contest.
True. Instead they gave up 42 points in the first half and we lost. Great we didn't get blown out. But, sooner or later these are games we need to win.

Reactions: Redblood23
Our Defense in the second half was amazing! Our team never gave up!! Why did you?
Right! I feel so good about seeing them get trashed in the first half!!! It's so fun to see the program I love continue to get blown out and embarrassed. Did the score look good? Sure, but once again we are supposed to be making strides toward a top ten team and this just shows we are no where near that goal. But yeah have your feel-good moments about a comeback against a team that obviously took the foot off the pedal and even then we can't capitalize when given the opportunity.

Reactions: Chuck003
No wasn't a moral victory in any way IMO. BUT the 2nd half of defense does give me some hope that we're going to get better on D. I also think this experience will be good for Lee going forward. Oregon is a really tough place to play.
The defense will get better. The Big Ten alone will make them look better. Will it be good enough to win the North? Can this staff win the division? Not sure on that.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Imagine if the defense played 1/4 of that well in the 1st half.
The problem was they didn't.

True but the defense did come out and rock the second half. If they played like that for 4 quarters then Oregon wouldn't have been a contest.
Come on Barney......aren't you tired of the "Ifs"? It's a broken record down there anymore. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

The defense will get better. The Big Ten alone will make them look better. Will it be good enough to win the North? Can this staff win the division? Not sure on that.
It's why we play the games. I was concerned it could get ugly out there and was disappointed but not entirely surprised by the score at half time when someone shared it with me. i was singing with our band tonight so I had missed the 2nd and 3rd qtrs. I was shocked when I turned on the radio with us within 2 scores. Whatever they said or did at halftime clearly helped but 4 tds on the road is a tall order to overcome.

Reactions: natesonnen
True. Instead they gave up 42 points in the first half and we lost. Great we didn't get blown out. But, sooner or later these are games we need to win.

We had to force too much offensively and I would assume that the 1st half defensive performance had everything to do with that. We didn't have the offensive comfort in that game that Oregon did. I seen something that could be solid but no moral victories are to be had here. Football is a 4 quarter game and Oregon played better for 4 quarters than Nebraska did, the second half simply wont do unless everyone shows up..

We lost - bad. We covered - good. Lee sucked....may need to go to POB or Gebbia - Lee is a turnover machine that takes bad chances.

Come on Barney......aren't you tired of the "Ifs"? It's a broken record down there anymore. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

I'm most certainly tired of if's and more time, more time but they do answer some questions when they play like that. I seen a unit that is fully capable of playing like a defense so a sign that we ARE capable and not lacking in ability, we just cant get them to show up for a full game or on a weekly basis.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Our Defense in the second half was amazing! Our team never gave up!! Why did you?
In the old days we could make posts like this BECAUSE WE WON THOSE GAMES WE HAD A REAL TEAM AND COACH AND FUTURE. HUSKER football died the minute Solich took over and the Board let him!! Beyond that the boards hires and adjustments and timing and leadership has been horrific considering who has been available over the 20 year drought they have led us into FOR 20 YEARS !!

Yes i was at the 2001 national championship -- we had no business being there -- last real team we had was in 1997 w frost as QB

Todays game was another moral victory -- great losing effort -- ra ra -- the school needs new leadership and the fans demand real talent, not nice guys. GBR forever -- I will go down with the ship F it -- the board doesn't care

WE NEED CHANGES AT THE TOP -- WHOEVER BROUGHT IN RILEY NEEDS TO BE FIRED -- WHOEVER APPROvED HIM NEEDS TO BE FIRED -- IM ASKING RILEY TO RESIGN and to RESCIND HIS CONTRACT.

HEADS NEED TO ROLLL -- LET RILEY FINISH THE SEASON START SEARCHING NOW FOR NEW AD AND NEW HEAD COACH AND NEW CHANCELLOR BOARD OR WHATEVER THEY CALL THEMSELVES

Agree with Sam hopefully Lee learns from this game.

What's concerning to me is we didn't change a thing on defense in the 2nd half. Oregon made a lot of mistakes and let off the gas which is why we were able to get stops on defense in the second half.

On the positive side, our defense seems to be pretty decent at stopping the run when we know they're going to run. This will help against big 10 teams who like to run. Against spread passing teams though, this defense just plain sucks.

What's concerning to me is we didn't change a thing on defense in the 2nd half. Oregon made a lot of mistakes and let off the gas which is why we were able to get stops on defense in the second half.

On the positive side, our defense seems to be pretty decent at stopping the run when we know they're going to run. This will help against big 10 teams who like to run. Against spread passing teams though, this defense just plain sucks.

When does Oregon ever let off the gas? That just isn't typical of Oregon ball..

In the old days we could make posts like this BECAUSE WE WON THOSE GAMES WE HAD A REAL TEAM AND COACH AND FUTURE. HUSKER football died the minute Solich took over and the Board let him!! Beyond that the boards hires and adjustments and timing and leadership has been horrific considering who has been available over the 20 year drought they have led us into FOR 20 YEARS !!

Yes i was at the 2001 national championship -- we had no business being there -- last real team we had was in 1997 w frost as QB

Todays game was another moral victory -- great losing effort -- ra ra -- the school needs new leadership and the fans demand real talent, not nice guys. GBR forever -- I will go down with the ship F it -- the board doesn't care

WE NEED CHANGES AT THE TOP -- WHOEVER BROUGHT IN RILEY NEEDS TO BE FIRED -- WHOEVER APPROvED HIM NEEDS TO BE FIRED -- IM ASKING RILEY TO RESIGN and to RESCIND HIS CONTRACT.

HEADS NEED TO ROLLL -- LET RILEY FINISH THE SEASON START SEARCHING NOW FOR NEW AD AND NEW HEAD COACH AND NEW CHANCELLOR BOARD OR WHATEVER THEY CALL THEMSELVES

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT