ADVERTISEMENT

Some observations about last night

PAOK

Walk On
Dec 10, 2008
Confidence means so much in sports and it showed in the game. The UCF players had a confidence and belief in each other that they could win and it transformed itself into resilience.

Their team-wide resilience played a huge role in the win. They got punched in the mouth a few times and did not let it concern them. Such a mateur team. Auburn scored first and UCF did not panic. Auburn came back with some quick scores in the 2nd half and UCF did not panic. UCF had a bad turnover, a reversed call on a catch, a missed FG deep in enemy territory, a player ejected....and they did not panic.

How many times did we watch Nebraska quit once the other team scored first? Or, despite a positive start, quit once the other team would string together a couple of scoring drives? How many times did Nebraska quit once a call went against them or a turnover changed the momentum of the game?

If Frost can bring that resilience to Nebraska then we are in for a spectacular ride and he will become a legendary coach.

On another note.........the guy with one hand was a maniac and worth more than any 3 LBs we had on the roster this year put together? Dude became my favorite college player ever after watching him for 2 quarters.

All things considered, it really is an amazing win in an amazing season. Probably one of the better ncaa seasons any team has had in recent memory.

Scott Frost said it best in post game:
"What our kids accomplished and overcame, they overcame playing 12 weeks in a row, or 11 weeks in a row, to finish the season without a break, coming off a hurricane, having schedules change, having a Saturday game, and then coming back and playing away. And then coming back and playing a Friday game for -- on the last game of the year, and then turning around and winning the conference championship, coming here with a coach that took another job and all those distractions, and finding a way to get it done."

He also said this season will be hard to top for the feeling it gives him, and I believe him and dont blame him at all. Nothing less than a NC at Nebraska will probbly top this season. 13-0 two years removed from 0-12, 3 close wins to close it out, peach bowl win against sec team as major underdogs. The more I consider their season the more it wows me, frost or no frost.

We wont be playing for peach bowls in the next few years, but one thing this staff will begin improving immediately is on field effort and team chemistry. UCF plays hard, and they really believe they are a family. Read the post game transcript below, it is full of great stuff:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/01/what_scott_frost_mckenzie_milt.html

Reactions: PAOK
And Griffin is an all american if ive ever seen one.
In the three games i watched he made so many plays and made them consistently. Hes also very, very smart.

On nother note, Scott Frost was good on his word. A lot of people on here and from UCF doubted him, but he accomplished what he set out to do:
-recruited like crazy for nebraska, landed three 4 stars including his QB and the #1 juco linebacker
-won the peach bowl at ucf.
AT THE SAME TIME.

Its literally amazing what he and his staff accomplished this week, this month, this year.
Eek

I think a lot if that confidence goes back to the staff....I love that Scott is really humble and gives all the credit to the kids but I think it's a product of the preparation and buying into to the staff and their game plans... I feel like this staff does a great job of putting the kids in a position to be successful. I believe this staff will not let their teams beat themselves....I haven felt that way about the last couple....I mentioned in another thread that I liked the assistant that pulled the DB back who almost put the team in a bad position when the game was on the line....What a great understanding and awareness of the moment and situation... I think the future teams are going to look alot different in the product on the field.....

Another note: The football was fun to watch. That has to impress recruits. To play a style that looks fun to play. I don't think Michigan or Iowa recruits could say the same thing.

It was actually the best game for pure entertainment I had seen in a while. (Looking at you Mike Riley!!!!!)o_Oo_Oo_O

On nother note, Scott Frost was good on his word. A lot of people on here and from UCF doubted him, but he accomplished what he set out to do:
-recruited like crazy for nebraska, landed three 4 stars including his QB and the #1 juco linebacker
-won the peach bowl at ucf.
AT THE SAME TIME.

Its literally amazing what he and his staff accomplished this week, this month, this year.
Eek

Yes, it is downright amazing. NU's coaching just improved about 830,000%.

Reactions: TrueBigRedFan
Yes, it is downright amazing. NU's coaching just improved about 830,000%.
By comparison, its an unbelievable difference. This one really has Tom Osborne tenure length and success level possibilities.

I really liked Coach Riley, but the difference is really stark.

Watching UCF play Auburn, I was just "I want that team!"

What is the sound of one hand clapping? There are some games where a single individual takes over. How different is that game without griffin?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT