ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield offense too complicated.

Aug 24, 2022
Spencer Rattler did an interview stating the offense last year was too complicated for the team. Lots of SC fans were glad to see o-coordinator change and mentioned it was a 1 loss team had the offense not been so complicated. Hoping Sims doesn’t feel this way and we can see players make plays like Manziel

Spencer Rattler did an interview stating the offense last year was too complicated for the team. Lots of SC fans were glad to see o-coordinator change and mentioned it was a 1 loss team had the offense not been so complicated. Hoping Sims doesn’t feel this way and we can see players make plays like Manziel
Post link to the interview if you have it.

Satterfield is taking orders from a different head coach this year, so we'll see.

Thanks for your thoughts newbie.

Thanks for participating.

252e152cbf9c7cb7c2a7b3f4273fe5eb52cde6d5ec70c1d145ff7c2b972f6ff9.jpg

Much like you, Spencer Rattler is a moron. So there is that.

Post count checks out.

Ya, this guy is the truth.

They weren't happy with him for sure but they flipped a switch the last half of the year. Maybe he simplified things at the end and the offense took off?

Reactions: headcard
I really expect Nebraska offense to be different under Satterfield than South Carolina offense with Beamer as the head coach..

Think Beamer liked putting the ball in the air from the last 3 games I watched them and Rattler played much better at the end of the season compared to the start of the season..

I really expect Nebraska offense to be different under Satterfield than South Carolina offense with Beamer as the head coach..

Think Beamer liked putting the ball in the air from the last 3 games I watched them and Rattler played much better at the end of the season compared to the start of the season..

So according to the SC fans I work with, they were frustrated b/c the offense was too run heavy until those last 3 games. I’ve been watching a ton of 2015-2016 Temple just to have any idea of what we might see.

I think Rhule and Satterfield have adapted to where they are. So the vibes I get is that this is more like Temple than Baylor or South Carolina.

And I wish our offense was complicated enough to beat Clemson, Tennessee, and Texas A&M.

So according to the SC fans I work with, they were frustrated b/c the offense was too run heavy until those last 3 games. I’ve been watching a ton of 2015-2016 Temple just to have any idea of what we might see.
I watched a bunch of Temple games last winter. Interesting offense. So many different play calls out of so many different formations. Must have been a nightmare for D-coordinators in that conference.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
South Carolina was 41 in Passing offense, Rattler had 18 touchdowns to go with his 12 interceptions and passed a little over 3,000 yards. The down side is they were 73 in total offense just behind Illinois.

They utilized the TE quit a bit..

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
I trust Rattler's IQ as much as I trust the Pope knowing theology...

I wouldn’t mind looking like those temple teams. They broke some nice long running plays, sprinkling in a lot of misdirection and some trickery.

The #1 thing I noticed though was their ability to close out games. Down 10-0, They scored 27 unanswered to beat Penn State. Scored 14 unanswered to beat ECU, same with UCF and I think others too. They gave up small early leads only to come out and dominate 2nd halves and win comfortably. I will be elated if that becomes who we are

Last edited:
South Carolina was 41 in Passing offense, Rattler had 18 touchdowns to go with his 12 interceptions and passed a little over 3,000 yards. The down side is they were 73 in total offense just behind Illinois.

They had a ton of injuries at the skill positions, especially RB. They used a TE (Bell) in the backfield a good chunk of the season.

I wouldn’t mind looking like those temple teams. They broke some nice long running plays, sprinkling in some a lot of misdirection and some trickery.

The #1 thing I noticed though was their ability to close out games. Down 10-0, They scored 27 unanswered to beat Penn State. Scored 14 unanswered to beat ECU, same with UCF and I think others too. They gave up small early leads only to come out and dominate 2nd halves and win comfortably. I will be elated if that becomes who we are
That ‘s for sure we haven’t won too many games coming from behind very often.. Maybe once with Riley against Purdue and the last game of the Covid season against Rutgers with SF..

That ‘s for sure we haven’t won too many games coming from behind very often.. Maybe once with Riley against Purdue and the last game of the Covid season against Rutgers with SF..
scarlet, I look at this season as somewhat like the 1962 season when Devaney arrived. NU were hopeless losers under Jennings, yet he had done a good job of recruiting some real talent.

I'm not saying NU will be 9-2-1 coming off a 3-6-1 season like 1961, but, Devaney incorporated a different culture with some holdover good talent, and now we have the NIL which accelerated the acquisition of proven talent.

NU suddenly became difficult to beat and that's what I'm hoping we get to see. (A guy can always hope).

Last edited:
I watched a bunch of Temple games last winter. Interesting offense. So many different play calls out of so many different formations. Must have been a nightmare for D-coordinators in that conference.
Maybe why Admiral Carter said that's what he wants to see

Reactions: SomedayHusker
scarlet, I look at this season as somewhat like the 1962 season when Devaney arrived. NU was hopeless losers under Jennings, yet he had done a good job of recruiting some real talent.

I'm not saying NU will be 9-2-1 coming off a 3-6-1 season like 1961, but, Devaney incorporated a different culture with some holdover good talent, and now we have the NIL which accelerated the acquisition of proven talent.

NU suddenly became difficult to beat and that's what I'm hoping we get to see. (A guy can always hope).
Devaney had the luxury of opening at home against South Dakota before traveling to Ann Arbor..

Rhule has to open the season on the road against conference opponent and then travel for the second straight week against another power5 program..

For some reason I think Jennings left Devaney with better roster than Frost handed Rhule, but I’ll keep in mind back in 1962 they played one platoon football too..

Devaney had the luxury of opening at home against South Dakota before traveling to Ann Arbor..

Rhule has to open the season on the road against conference opponent and then travel for the second straight week against another power5 program..

For some reason I think Jennings left Devaney with better roster than Frost handed Rhule, but I’ll keep in mind back in 1962 they played one platoon football too..
Nobody said it would be easy. lol

Once again the offense will look far more like Temple offense (2015/2016) than South Carolina's offense.

This is really scary because they actually had a three game stretch where they were really good offensively at the end of the season and still were average at best. Satterfield is just another data point that we will need to rely heavily on defense, special teams, ball control, and field position. He seems likely to not work out, but will Rhule move on from him by year 4, when Rhule is making 8 million a year...It doesn't seem like Rhule is real good at moving on from "his guys".

This is really scary because they actually had a three game stretch where they were really good offensively at the end of the season and still were average at best. Satterfield is just another data point that we will need to rely heavily on defense, special teams, ball control, and field position. He seems likely to not work out, but will Rhule move on from him by year 4, when Rhule is making 8 million a year...It doesn't seem like Rhule is real good at moving on from "his guys".
Get lost douche.

Ironclad laws of fandom
The backup QB is one of the most popular players on the team.
The OC is often one of the most reviled people in the program. People used to bitch about TO's play calling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT