ADVERTISEMENT

Koolaid vs. Piss View

leodisflowers

Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
Share your views on both sides:

Koolaid - This team was about as bad as humanly possible and still was in every game. Better coaching, S&C, Special Teams and overall team chemistry push this team to a 9-3 record. Simms, Nouri, Scott, Kemp and Fidone all get some sort of Big 10 accolade. Reimer, Newsome, Sherman all get some sort of Big 10 Accolade.

Piss - OL still sucks and QB is the same guy from GT. Look more organized, but still just not ready to win games and go 5-7. Defense not as strong as once thought and struggles against defending the run.

Rhuleaid- Attention to detail on everything, every Matt drill was a competition that needed to be dominated by the winner, building team chemistry at the dorms, everything is a process, preaches physicality, and motivational speaker.

Piss- hard to flip the switch, not getting over the acceptance of losing, they need to win a couple of close games.

Sims is the key. I’ve seen him ranked everywhere from a 1st round draft pick to #5 QB in the west division. He gets hurt early or reverts to his turnover ways and we could be looking at 2 wins.

Kool aid- We have a pro staff on the side line. Literally.

Down side...I can argue we downgraded at the most important position.

I think we'll be a much improved team over all so i'm on the koolaid side.

No kool-aid. Just the optimism that comes from seeing a coaching staff that seems organized and motivated.

I have no clue how the season will go. The talent on this team is no different than last years. Last years team lost most of games because of a coaching that was neither motivated or organized.

Anything over 6 wins is big step in a positive direction.

71fHfeIYwOL.jpg

Oh yeah!

Reactions: huskerheel54
When I feel optimistic, I take the “Kool-Aide” view that this team was the most poorly coached team I saw every weekend and still managed to win some games. If the coaching improves, that could swing a few more losses to wins.

The other side of me worries that we will stumble all over ourselves with the 3-3-5 defense. Maybe that takes more than an off-season to make effective.

I have to think that Rhule is better equipped to prepare a team to play sound football each week.

Share your views on both sides:

Koolaid - This team was about as bad as humanly possible and still was in every game. Better coaching, S&C, Special Teams and overall team chemistry push this team to a 9-3 record. Simms, Nouri, Scott, Kemp and Fidone all get some sort of Big 10 accolade. Reimer, Newsome, Sherman all get some sort of Big 10 Accolade.

Piss - OL still sucks and QB is the same guy from GT. Look more organized, but still just not ready to win games and go 5-7. Defense not as strong as once thought and struggles against defending the run.
Precedent tells us fans will be o.k with whatever happens this season. Frost had about the worst first season possible and people thought we actually had a heisman candidate at QB and were on the right track with wins over FCS, Illinois and Minnesota and then losing ALL of our leadership. The narrative whether 1 win or 6 wins is that things are on track. Everything will be clear halfway through next season. If recruiting is stagnant, if we lose some position coaches, good players transfer, Rhule starts blaming the previous staff then it will be a bad four years with Rhule making 8 million in the fourth year. I just wish we would do something different...hire a no name with incredible energy, pay him a few million but bring in the best recruiters in the country with massive incentives for victories. Pandering to coaches who haven't won a championship by giving them 40-50 million no matter what they do is a major problem. The sport needs new blood...and the next great coach at NU will be a nobody who has to work to get his millions, not get it handed to him on a platter because Nebraskans think so little of themselves that they will overpay a guy who just got embarrassed at his previous job.

not sure why folks think the offense will be bad..
grant, simms, kemp, that texas receiver, oline can only be improved...
and rhule calling plays
None of these people have participated in dynamic offenses. Rhule doesn't even have his OC from Baylor either. Rhule won FIVE one score games in his best season at Baylor and still lost 3 games. He was a few bounces from an average season . All five of those close wins were against unranked opponents, two in double or triple overtime and all three losses were to ranked opponents. In his best college season he didn't beat a ranked opponent. The one thing I like is he didn't get blown out...but Riley didn't either and often played well against ranked teams, still lead to a dumpster fire.

None of these people have participated in dynamic offenses. Rhule doesn't even have his OC from Baylor either. Rhule won FIVE one score games in his best season at Baylor and still lost 3 games. He was a few bounces from an average season . All five of those close wins were against unranked opponents, two in double or triple overtime and all three losses were to ranked opponents. In his best college season he didn't beat a ranked opponent.
Shouldn’t you be getting a second job to pay for a peacock subscription instead of spending time on our board.

None of these people have participated in dynamic offenses. Rhule doesn't even have his OC from Baylor either. Rhule won FIVE one score games in his best season at Baylor and still lost 3 games. He was a few bounces from an average season . All five of those close wins were against unranked opponents, two in double or triple overtime and all three losses were to ranked opponents. In his best college season he didn't beat a ranked opponent. The one thing I like is he didn't get blown out...but Riley didn't either and often played well against ranked teams, still lead to a dumpster fire.
so he wins close games...just what we need.

Precedent tells us fans will be o.k with whatever happens this season. Frost had about the worst first season possible and people thought we actually had a heisman candidate at QB and were on the right track with wins over FCS, Illinois and Minnesota and then losing ALL of our leadership. The narrative whether 1 win or 6 wins is that things are on track. Everything will be clear halfway through next season. If recruiting is stagnant, if we lose some position coaches, good players transfer, Rhule starts blaming the previous staff then it will be a bad four years with Rhule making 8 million in the fourth year. I just wish we would do something different...hire a no name with incredible energy, pay him a few million but bring in the best recruiters in the country with massive incentives for victories. Pandering to coaches who haven't won a championship by giving them 40-50 million no matter what they do is a major problem. The sport needs new blood...and the next great coach at NU will be a nobody who has to work to get his millions, not get it handed to him on a platter because Nebraskans think so little of themselves that they will overpay a guy who just got embarrassed at his previous job.
No paragraphs? Ever?

Reactions: king_kong_
This post is so bad it’s hard to believe it was typed by someone with an education on any level.

This post is so bad it’s hard to believe it was typed by someone with an education on any level.
Haven't you been wrong about every coach since Cally? Or did you predict that Bo would win 22% of his games against top 25 opponents, losing by an average of 25 points, or did you think Riley would win 9 games regularly, and Frost would bring back the winning ways and BCS appearances. The collective amnesia of this board of dorks is literally unbelievable, must just be the side effects of mass alcoholism.

How’s the weather in Arizona today? Is your new house feeling like a home yet?

Chicks were easier when you were a HC, admit it.

Haven't you been wrong about every coach since Cally? Or did you predict that Bo would win 22% of his games against top 25 opponents, losing by an average of 25 points, or did you think Riley would win 9 games regularly, and Frost would bring back the winning ways and BCS appearances. The collective amnesia of this board of dorks is literally unbelievable, must just be the side effects of mass alcoholism.
Yet here you are, still trolling away.

Rhuleaid- Attention to detail on everything, every Matt drill was a competition that needed to be dominated by the winner, building team chemistry at the dorms, everything is a process, preaches physicality, and motivational speaker.

Piss- hard to flip the switch, not getting over the acceptance of losing, they need to win a couple of close games.

I’m fairly pessimistic about this 1st season. But if they can win a couple close games, early on, things can snowball in a good way. Start 2-0 and this season could take off. Winning is just as contagious as losing.

I’m fairly pessimistic about this 1st season. But if they can win a couple close games, early on, things can snowball in a good way. Start 2-0 and this season could take off. Winning is just as contagious as losing.
I wrote in a different thread, perhaps you could check it out, that this team will be better in late October and November than they will be in August and early September. I believe too much is made of or put into the first 2 games because they are P5 games. This team could win 5 of their last 6 games or even 6 of 6, and end up 8-4 or 9-3 and I wouldn't be surprised at all. They don't need to win the first 2 games of the year to learn how to win with the current coaching staff.

Kool Aid - Visible coach and player improvement from Game 1 to Game 12, especially on the offensive and defensive lines. And a semblance of a consistent running game, which we have been missing for a lonnnng time.

Not Kool Aid - Opposite of above.

I have a suggestion for a more fitting screen name for you.

ILikeToEatTyronesManJamFromMyWifesClam

It would more eloquently capture the essence of you and how your wife cuckolds you. Peace be with you Cuckeye.

Reactions: HawksDown
I don't think anyone can or should take the "it's piss" approach year one. Rhule was 2-10 and 1-11 in his first year at his previous 2 stops. I'd like to think we're in a little better shape than those 2 programs were, but I also know that changing a culture takes a lot of time. Hell, Saban lost to UAB his first year at LSU and Louisiana Monroe his first year at Alabama.

I think it's kind of cool how you pointed all that out and Rhule is still so highly thought of that he got a massive NFL contract.

Lots of guys, say Kirk Ferentz for example, coach a long time and the NFL never thinks about hiring them. Because they are bad to mediocre coaches. Think about that. Kirk has been a HC for over 20 years and is 68 years old. And never been an NFL head coach. Rhule had an NFL HC gig at 45. Must be depressing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT