ADVERTISEMENT

So mad I could spit nails!

We were trying to get into field goal range when the phantom block on Mike Williams was called.
And at that point it's 2nd and 20 with not much time left. "Play for OT at home and the win on the road" is an adage for a reason, and only hindsight makes that strategy look bad. But Martinez messed up by going out of bounds, and the defense failed after only giving up about 21 yards in the 2nd half to that point.

Reactions: roadwarrier6171
That pissed me off too. There was still time to take shots down field and yet Frost wastes 2 downs trying to play for overtime like some bitch. He was definitely fearing failure. He didn't want to risk Iowa intercepting it which I can understand that concern with Martinez in. But Iowa did what Frost refused to. They took shots down field to get themselves in field goal range. This is entirely on Frost.

Who gets the credit for getting the game tied back up? And the defense playing lights out except for a few plays? Just wondering?

Field position was awful most of the 4th quarter, too. Turning it over there would have ended the game sooner, the key will be replacing some of the OL with guys who can sustain blocks for longer than a .5 second so the conservative play calls have a slightly better shot at succeeding.

So, Frost and coaches only do bad? Wow, hope you are not a manager or have children. Poor bastards...
So, who do you blame for the loss? The same people you mentioned? All the stuff you rattled off means nothing because the end result was another loss.

Frost, his staff, and the players all own it, but the HC ultimately takes most of the blame, and rightly so. Hopefully you never have children, can’t imagine how dumbed down they’d be. ;)

So, who do you blame for the loss? The same people you mentioned? All the stuff you rattled off means nothing because the end result was another loss.

Frost, his staff, and the players all own it, but the HC ultimately takes most of the blame, and rightly so. Hopefully you never have children, can’t imagine how dumbed down they’d be. ;)
Blame is irrelevant and unnecessary, always looking to the future... let’s be honest, you guys are happiest when you can hate on someone or something...

Blame is irrelevant and unnecessary, always looking to the future... let’s be honest, you guys are happiest when you can hate on someone or something...

Geezus, whatever. You talk about the game being tied up or the way the defense played for one quarter, yet you don’t have any idea why they lost, do you? A loss is a loss, and again, the things you rattled off meant nothing when 00:00 showed up on the scoreboard.

Don’t hate Frost or the team, but most everyone sees the many shortcomings with this staff.

Geezus, whatever. You talk about the game being tied up or the way the defense played for one quarter, yet you don’t have any idea why they lost, do you? A loss is a loss, and again, the things you rattled off meant nothing when 00:00 showed up on the scoreboard.

Don’t hate Frost or the team, but most everyone sees the many shortcomings with this staff.
I just look at what will get better and you assume it will always be bad. It is ok, you just like to be negative and tear stuff down instead of seeing what could be better. Own who you are!

Multiple holds on the once mighties as well how many holding calls were there......ZERO

And? I never said they anything about Nebraska. But the fact that Iowa fans think it was the refs that let Nebraska get back in to the game and not Iowa’s outdated anemic offense says a lot.

Any other team would have been up by 30 at halftime after that Nebraska performance.

And at that point it's 2nd and 20 with not much time left. "Play for OT at home and the win on the road" is an adage for a reason, and only hindsight makes that strategy look bad. But Martinez messed up by going out of bounds, and the defense failed after only giving up about 21 yards in the 2nd half to that point.

Exactly. Why did AM go out of bounds? That shows a complete lack of awareness. Then the Defense folded. Someone needs to ask the coaches why No pressure on Iowa's Qb. Most decent quarterbacks are going to complete passes if you give them all the time in the world. (Pretty sketchy call on Mike Williams. Taylor-Britt was lucky. Just jump over the receiver once they are down. Why risk a 15 yard penalty)

Field position was awful most of the 4th quarter, too. Turning it over there would have ended the game sooner, the key will be replacing some of the OL with guys who can sustain blocks for longer than a .5 second so the conservative play calls have a slightly better shot at succeeding.
In reality on most of plays the Iowa defensive player was just watching the play and disgarded the blocker when he saw the direction the play was flowing

I just look at what will get better and you assume it will always be bad. It is ok, you just like to be negative and tear stuff down instead of seeing what could be better. Own who you are!

Hilarious, can’t see the forest for the trees. Nebraska will get better, but Frost has some decisions to make about himself and his staff. He’s not out recruiting any of the top teams in the B1G, and if that stays true to form, along with current coaching methods and coaches, successful gains will be marginal.

I see the situation as it is, not hating and certainly not as a starry eyed dreamer like some, but that’s your way, enjoy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT