ADVERTISEMENT

Sker's 8 point dog tonight at Penn St

hell of a comeback, i think taylor got a little tired in OT on D. few really bad possessions on O cost us.

well..I don't understand our personnel on the floor for the last 4 minutes of the game and the overtime. McVeigh? Really? Cmon Tim. Palmer may have been 1/9 but I still would have run something for him.

There’s one thing holding this team back and it’s coaching. If Nebraska had a legitimate coach they are a 22 win team at worst.
If Nebraska could shoot free throws and make a few baskets, they would have won this one. Miles cant shoot it for them.

well..I don't understand our personnel on the floor for the last 4 minutes of the game and the overtime. McVeigh? Really? Cmon Tim. Palmer may have been 1/9 but I still would have run something for him.

went with the guys that got them there

Ddstisss

Me neither. Coming out of a time out what the hell was that to win the game

Bizarre to say the least. McVeigh needs to put a body on someone if he's gonna play. Not really doing much else out there.

Reactions: regionsdoc
Ugh. That would have been a nice road win. Penn State is not especially good, but they'll beat a few Big Ten teams at home. This was a chance to gain ground on the other middle-of-the-pack teams.

Reactions: dinglefritz
McVeigh would be the worst rebounder on the NU women's team.

Not good on the road. 1-5 is it? Not getting to the tourney unless that changes...

Bye bye ncaa tournament... :(

This is classic Miles. He just stops thinking while the game is happening. Should have sat McVeigh the minute things got close in regulation.
I guess the thinking is that McVeigh is one of their better defenders in the zone but man he can't rebound whether it's zone or man. I don't get it personally. Palmer is way more athletic and if he gets the ball he can create a shot or get to the line on the drive. We needed him in the game IMO. It's too bad Allen is a defensive liability because that kid is money too. Substitution patterns are questionable.

Reactions: regionsdoc
If Nebraska could shoot free throws and make a few baskets, they would have won this one. Miles cant shoot it for them.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ did you even watch those offensive sets at the end of regulation and overtime?

Yeah no sh!t he can’t shoot it for them but he can sure as hell put them in a spot to make a higher percentage shot!! Isn’t that what coaches do or is this just And-1 basketball?

What was Roby thinking???
He thought maybe one of his teammates would be getting themselves open for a realistic attempt at a game winning 3.....nope. We're just not a very smart team at times. Not having Jordy in the paint hurt us big time this game.

When this season has come to an end. It's games like this that could decide his fate.
Wouldn't go that far, but this was a real missed opportunity. Great chance to put the Jordy drama on the back burner and gain some confidence going forward - and it goes right down the crapper.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Is this your mission in life, to be the finger-wagging hall monitor? Several people have managed to comment on this game without mentioning the coach at all.
No. I get tired of reading a thread on a home team fan forum to only read bitching and moaning. It’s so rare to hear anyone actually get excited for this team. It must be a miserable way of living life.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ did you even watch those offensive sets at the end of regulation and overtime?

Yeah no sh!t he can’t shoot it for them but he can sure as hell put them in a spot to make a higher percentage shot!! Isn’t that what coaches do or is this just And-1 basketball?
I can guarantee you that Miles didn't "coach" Glynn to take a step back 30 footer instead of trying to drive and dish..... IF he had made he was a hero. Since he didn't it's on Miles. Drive and dish would have been nice instead of 2 guarded 30 footers.

Reactions: cvogele29
We say this every single year. Our offensive flow down the stretch was beyond brutal. Whether that was Miles or our players panicking I don’t know. Either way...that’s a type of loss that separates the contenders and the pretenders. Next two at home need to be wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT