ADVERTISEMENT

Since it's all over the place, might as well add it here

Wow man overreact much? If you are this sensitive about the give and take of opinions this may not be for you. As I stated, JW has only gotten hurt a lot the last 6 games. Your statement that he gets hurt a lot makes it sound like he`s hurt all the time which is not accurate. His first 3 years he rarely left the field.
I wasn't the one over-reacting.
I stand by it. He's fragile. Hope his body can hold up for his pro career.

I wasn't the one over-reacting.
I stand by it. He's fragile. Hope his body can hold up for his pro career.
That's fine if you stand by it. Expect to have a lot of people disagree. As you are seeing in this thread now. Don't overreact or anything, just accept that most don't agree.

I know it was obvious. It was obvious you used the wrong word. Admit it. Injury prone is not fragility.

If you would have started out that he was injury prone, I would have responded differently. He does seem to get dinged a lot in games, but always returned. Fragile players don't return. IMHO.
The fact that he returns makes him strong-willed and determined.
After awhile, your physical body doesn't care how strong-willed you are.
No I won't admit I used the wrong word because I didnt, its the same thing. I don't see how it's different.
You think fragile means a wimp. I don't. I would have said wimp if that's what I meant. Fragile things break easily. He gets hurt easily, and it happens often. It's not his choice, and when it keeps happening over time your body breaks down.
But just so you all can untangle your panties, I'll retract my opinion and go with the "offended at every turn" crowd. He's amazingly durable, especially compared with most players. It's shocking to even hear he might be injured.

That's fine if you stand by it. Expect to have a lot of people disagree. As you are seeing in this thread now. Don't overreact or anything, just accept that most don't agree.
You are making a mountain out of an ant hill because I used the word "fragile". I'm not the one overreacting.
Now run along, there might be someone out there pointing out that not everything is perfect for you to correct.

The fact that he returns makes him strong-willed and determined.
After awhile, your physical body doesn't care how strong-willed you are.
No I won't admit I used the wrong word because I didnt, its the same thing. I don't see how it's different.
You think fragile means a wimp. I don't. I would have said wimp if that's what I meant. Fragile things break easily. He gets hurt easily, and it happens often. It's not his choice, and when it keeps happening over time your body breaks down.
But just so you all can untangle your panties, I'll retract my opinion and go with the "offended at every turn" crowd. He's amazingly durable, especially compared with most players. It's shocking to even hear he might be injured.
Way to overreact.

Webster's Dictionary: Definition of fragile. 1 a : easily broken or destroyed <a fragile vase> b : constitutionally delicate : lacking in vigor <a fragile child> 2 : tenuous, slight <fragilehope>

This is not Westy.

You are making a mountain out of an ant hill because I used the word "fragile". I'm not the one overreacting.
Now run along, there might be someone out there pointing out that not everything is perfect for you to correct.
It's ok to admit you used the wrong word. Really, it is. I see people all the time on this board say they should have worded it differently. But not you. Maybe the problem is with you having trouble admitting you were wrong?

Way to overreact.

Webster's Dictionary: Definition of fragile. 1 a : easily broken or destroyed <a fragile vase> b : constitutionally delicate : lacking in vigor <a fragile child> 2 : tenuous, slight <fragilehope>

This is not Westy.

It's ok to admit you used the wrong word. Really, it is. I see people all the time on this board say they should have worded it differently. But not you. Maybe the problem is with you having trouble admitting you were wrong?
You have to go to a dictionary?
It's a figure of speech. He obviously doesn't literally break.
I'm not wrong. It's okay for you to admit that you overreacted about a word that obviously meant he's injury prone.
Maybe the problem is you are Mr. Serious who has to take every little thing literally? Maybe you take everything said as a purposed slight against the team? that's not a maybe, by the way. Maybe the problem is that you are having trouble admitting you made a big deal about nothing, and can't admit that you aren't a moron and knew what I obviously meant, as anyone could do when reading my post? You overreacted, got caught, and now you are trying to turn it back on a word.

I'm not wrong. It's okay for you to admit that you overreacted about a word that obviously meant he's injury prone.
Maybe the problem is you are Mr. Serious who has to take every little thing literally? Maybe you take everything said as a purposed slight against the team? that's not a maybe, by the way. Maybe the problem is that you are having trouble admitting you made a big deal about nothing, and can't admit that you aren't a moron and knew what I obviously meant, as anyone could do when reading my post? You overreacted, got caught, and now you are trying to turn it back on a word.
Actually, this is the first time I've done this. Words do matter, and when you chose the word fragile I responded. Sorry to get your knickers in a twist.

By the way, I have yet to see a poster agree that he is fragile. Just you. Plenty have disagreed with you, but no one agrees. Hmmm...

And I'm apparently the moron... right.

Yeeeesh! Let it go already...

Westy was incredibly durable over his career. Period. Over the last year or so, however, with his groin injury keeping him out of spring... his back injury earlier this year... and now whatever happened now... he is less than incredibly durable.

Cole Beasley is 5'8", 174 lbs.
Wes Welker was 5'9", 185
Julian Edelman is 5'10", 198
Emmanual Sanders is 5'10", 180
Tavon Austin is 5'9", 174

that's a nice list, but, statistically, it’s the tall, bulky receivers who are moving the chains and putting the ball into the end zone. Take a look at the top 10 receivers in yards for 2015. The average height and weight is over 6-2 and 215 pounds. Eight out of the 10 players, a list that includes Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Marshall and Allen Robinson, are at least 6-0. Amazingly, seven of the 10 are at least 6-3. Only two, Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham Jr., weigh in below 200 pounds, (Beckham is 198).

If you want to put the ball in the end zone, the need for a big, physical receiver is even greater. The average height and weight for the league’s top scorers is still 6' 2.5", 224 pounds, all but 2 of them are over 6-0, and seven out of the 10 are at least 6-2.

Need more evidence?Since 2008, there have been 32 instances of a wide receiver posting 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns in a single season. Only three of those, came from someone who stands shorter than 6-0.

I love Westy, I hope he is the exception to the rule and I hope he tears it up in the League and puts Nebraska on the map as Wideout U. But the numbers just don't support someone of his size doing that.

You need a 12 step program.

Reactions: timnsun
crap... I spent money and made plans to attend a game in which we have no qb and now no receiver...
Lord WHY???????

Lol

Nice deflection.

Who agrees with you in this thread? Give me one name.
Bump for huskerfan1414... you said a lot of stuff about me. Show me that you were right and I was wrong... by virtue of those who have posted in this thread, I feel pretty confident that I'm not the one who overreacted.

Westy had knee surgery today - per Riley. Confirmed no ligament damage but out 3 months.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT