ADVERTISEMENT

Of all the WRs

raiderdad2013

Jul 10, 2023
that were available in the portal how in the world did we not land at least one stud? Kemp is not a number 1 and don’t tell me Betts was gonna be the man, he’s a quitter. Of the few games I’ve watched so far this season I’ve seen a few transfers that are ballin!! And here we are..oh well rant over have a good day

that were available in the portal how in the world did we not land at least one stud? Kemp is not a number 1 and don’t tell me Betts was gonna be the man, he’s a quitter. Of the few games I’ve watched so far this season I’ve seen a few transfers that are ballin!! And here we are..oh well rant over have a good day
Because betts and igc came back,now if Rhule could have known that betts quits again and igc gets hurt the first game he pr would have went after several

Reactions: ssmill777

On paper, you’re not wrong about these WRs. But even if there is a legit No1 WR hiding in this bunch, I doubt he’ll be able to show it with our current QB situation. Frankly, if I was a legit No1 WR in the portal (like Trey Palmer) I would be pretty pissed I chose Nebraska and this dumpster fire QB room…

I will say this after one game, we need to hit the portal hard again including WR and QB. Gotta churn another 20 at least

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
I will say this after one game, we need to hit the portal hard again including WR and QB. Gotta churn another 20 at least
Depends on what the freshman show this season. Lloyd getting a carry game 1 is encouraging. Coleman was on the participation report. Doss wasn't. Going to need a portal WR but not sure we need to crazy.

Definitely need a portal qb.

Not giving up on sims yet. Or the team.
Are you kidding me? Our QB cannot throw. He drops back and takes off running. This is the OC and Coaches fault for not putting him in better situations. How about a roll out 1 or 2 times. How about throwing to our 4 star Tight End?? Bad Coaching. It will be a long year again!

Are you kidding me? Our QB cannot throw. He drops back and takes off running. This is the OC and Coaches fault for not putting him in better situations. How about a roll out 1 or 2 times. How about throwing to our 4 star Tight End?? Bad Coaching. It will be a long year again!
Lol. My oldest starts kindergarten tomorrow. Gonna be a great year. Nebraska will be fine. There was a lot to be happy about.

Are you kidding me? Our QB cannot throw. He drops back and takes off running. This is the OC and Coaches fault for not putting him in better situations. How about a roll out 1 or 2 times. How about throwing to our 4 star Tight End?? Bad Coaching. It will be a long year again
Sims made enough plays with his arm, particularly down the seam, to make me believe he has potential. Needs more work with the team/reps in the playbook, but the arm talent is definitely there.

Coleman should be playing whether he knows the play book or not. Get these physical specimens on the field and let them learn on the fly. Even if he runs the same route every play he can be a problem for the defense.
Exactly. They surely know atleast a half a dozen. Run them on stuff they do know

Lol. My oldest starts kindergarten tomorrow. Gonna be a great year. Nebraska will be fine. There was a lot to be happy about.
Nebraska will be fine?

Can you describe exactly what you mean by that?
It's an extremely vague statement.

Sims made enough plays with his arm, particularly down the seam, to make me believe he has potential. Needs more work with the team/reps in the playbook, but the arm talent is definitely there.
Yes his arm talent is fine but he throws it to both colors of jerseys. Do you think that will stop?

Reactions: meo1960
Arm talent, yes. Running, yes. Brain talent? Majorly concerned.

Reactions: tstaup
Ehhhh, get ready to be doing a lot of HW. 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of word recognition, 15 minutes of shapes and animals, 15 minutes of listening to a story on the tablet.

First few years of school are harder on the parents. Anyone here with kids that have gone through it can tell you that.

He was one of our better qbs in recent history.

That burst he had up the middle on a designed QB run was magnificent.
But but but, he threw it funny!

I loved that guy.

I am not worried about Sims, he is the same QB that he was at GT. Fans should have known what we were getting with him.

I loved that guy.

I am not worried about Sims, he is the same QB that he was at GT. Fans should have known what we were getting with him.
You mean we were getting feast or famine..

I loved that guy.

He did throw it funny, but it had a nice velocity and pretty good accuracy

You mean we were getting feast or famine..
Yep!

He will run all over CU this weekend. And he will have that one "special" game where he is like 16/20 for 280 yards and 3 TDs

But for the most part we will keep seeing the same QB that was at GT.

I think Mike Leach said it, but it was something like, "I don't look at arm strength when I recruit a QB, I look at how accurate he has been in HS"

Basically you are who you are as a QB (when it comes to completions %) before you ever get to college.

Arm talent, yes. Running, yes. Brain talent? Majorly concerned.
The question is whether the talent surrounding him is good enough to run an offense that limits passing into tight spaces. If they could get him to quit staring at the primary receiver that could take the offense the wrong way.

Ehhhh, get ready to be doing a lot of HW. 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of word recognition, 15 minutes of shapes and animals, 15 minutes of listening to a story on the tablet.

First few years of school are harder on the parents. Anyone here with kids that have gone through it can tell you that.
Wife has that handled. Stay at home mom who was a former kindergarten teacher

Reactions: king_kong_

You forgot the 15 minutes of gender, equity and inclusion lesson… :)

Wife has that handled. Stay at home mom who was a former kindergarten teacher
That will make it worse, not better.

Former teachers make the worst current teachers. And current teachers make the worst people and lamest posters (current teacher here!)

That will make it worse, not better.

Former teachers make the worst current teachers. And current teachers make the worst people and lamest posters (current teacher here!)
She does a good job.

Yep!

He will run all over CU this weekend. And he will have that one "special" game where he is like 16/20 for 280 yards and 3 TDs

But for the most part we will keep seeing the same QB that was at GT.

I think Mike Leach said it, but it was something like, "I don't look at arm strength when I recruit a QB, I look at how accurate he has been in HS"

Basically you are who you are as a QB (when it comes to completions %) before you ever get to college.
That's why I'm excited about Daniel Kaelin. If his decision making is even just average, combined with his tested & proven accuracy, we just might have ourselves a qb that forces opponents to defend the entire field.

Reactions: BleedRed78
That's why I'm excited about Daniel Kaelin. If his decision making is even just average, combined with his tested & proven accuracy, we just might have ourselves a qb that forces opponents to defend the entire field.
Hope so! That would be nice.

It's one game, his first with NU, first game of the season with all new staff in their first year here with a bunch of new players playing their first game at NU. A lot of first. Don't bring up Colorado either because one game doesn't make Colorado. I also don't have that much faith in TCU, don't care what they did last year because groups of those players departed. Lets just let it shake out and bitch if we don't make the six games to make a bowl game. After all, that was the expectations for us.

Sims has arm talent. The question is his vision and/or decision making after watching that game.
All running QBs have decreased FOV when passing just due to the nature of running hard and trying to scan and throw. From what I could see, Sims throws a hard, flat, accurate ball. There is just no way he can read defenses with as much as he moves and how fast he's going. He also has to wait until the receiver is open. He can't throw the receiver open (not his game). He can squeeze the ball in there and do it accurately though. He is just never going to see a safety spying him on a hard throw across his body downfield to a breaking receiver. IMO, his receivers need to sit and give him an early and quick target. That will cut down on the mistakes. The current style will always be hit or miss. He will hit a big play or two but will undoubtedly throw the bad pass or two which a good defense can pick off. He'll get away with it against less opportunistic defenses.

Reactions: tstaup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT