ADVERTISEMENT

Las Vegas still figuring things out

itseasyas1-2-3

Recruiting Coordinator
Sep 6, 2021
Since it's early in the year, Las Vegas is showing they have several teams overrated and just as many underated as well as many of undetermined ability.

So far, there have been 24 teams that have covered anywhere between 0.5 and < 7 points. Those teams they have a good handle on. So, basically they have 48 teams in this category that seem to perform as expected. (It's early).

There are 26 teams who have failed to cover with spreads ranging from + 7 points. Those teams are slightly overrated. Among that group there would be a total of 52 teams that are questionable at the moment.

There are 32 teams that have failed to cover between 10 and 37 points. At this time, they are slightly overrated.

There are 28 teams that have covered between 10 and 37 points. * These are hard to get a gauge on because I'm looking at OU, Mississippi, UCF, A & M, Bama, Syracuse, Miami(Fla), and they are playing very weak opponents. So, hard to gauge how good they are.

Other teams like Ohio St, Mich, Wiscy, Texas, S. Carolina, Baylor, TCU, Okie St failed to cover, some missed by a lot. OSU, Michigan spent a little too much time reading their press clippings this summer because they should have rolled, and they missed their spread bigtime.

I'll add more data to this spread as the week goes along, and if it's something you can glean from, that's good, if it's not your thing, that's cool too.

Nice info
Thanks GBR. I'm expecting once things shake out, it will give some of us a perceived advantage when looking at things like:

Home favorite/underdog, how well they fare after a loss, how they do on bye weeks, etc.

It'll be an experiment and a work in progress.

I never underestimate the power of a spreadsheet and and a flowchart to identify data into specific categories once it begins to reveal itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT