ADVERTISEMENT

Should we be for Iowa in the Rose Bowl?

I guess I should consider myself lucky. I have never met any bad Iowa (or Iowa State) fans. Wisconsin fans suck however. I'll root for every Big Ten team this bowl season but eff Wisconsin!

root for iowa?

Tintin-HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW.jpg

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
You can root for kids that grew up on the farm in riding their dad's pickup truck or kids that grew up riding in their moms Range Rover on the way to soccer practice.

I have no problem hoping the Hawks win the bowl game.I refuse to let online opinions of people I have never met take away from the fact that when I have been face to face with Iowa supporters they are a hell of a lot like us,Same winters and all.

I'll be rooting for Iowa. Guess I just don't get the hate - yeah we all say some stupid stuff once in a while taking jabs at each other with what ever other team, but how could we not root for a member of our conference to win. I'm a husker fan living in Des Moines so I've got my fill of Iowa fans this year, most are great with a few being being abnoxious. Still, I'll root for them against any out of conference team.

Nope Iowa losing Rose Bowl will be the best thing ever. It will make their "Historic" season boarder line worthless. They wont receive a damn thing.

Hi Husker!!!

I am one of MANY Hawk fans who are glad Nebraska is in the BIG. I am rooting the Huskers to KILL UCLA! The only BIG team I will never root for is Illinois. HATE THOSE FREAKING FANS!!! I live in Eastern Iowa, and some of my best friends are Huskers fans. Don't get me wrong....I want to beat Nebraska, but I have to much respect for what your teams have done over the years.

GO GET EM Huskers, and Go Hawks!!!

Hi Husker!!!

I am one of MANY Hawk fans who are glad Nebraska is in the BIG. I am rooting the Huskers to KILL UCLA! The only BIG team I will never root for is Illinois. HATE THOSE FREAKING FANS!!! I live in Eastern Iowa, and some of my best friends are Huskers fans. Don't get me wrong....I want to beat Nebraska, but I have to much respect for what your teams have done over the years.

GO GET EM Huskers, and Go Hawks!!!
You are way too reasonable to be a Hawkeye fan.

If we were 12-1 and going to the Rose Bowl, not a snowballs chance in hell any Iowa fans would be rooting for us.

You're wrong. Please don't mistake the message board posters with a majority of fans. FWIW, I've been to every B1G venue, numerous Big 12 venues, three SEC venues and one Pac 12 venue. You really don't want me to give me objective analysis of each fan base in term of basic decency and where some of your fans fall do you? Because I don't think you'd really want to hear it. Having said this, the large majority of Nebby fans have always treated me decently while I've been at games in Lincoln. But your minority of fans? Wow.

You're wrong. Please don't mistake the message board posters with a majority of fans. FWIW, I've been to every B1G venue, numerous Big 12 venues, three SEC venues and one Pac 12 venue. You really don't want me to give me objective analysis of each fan base in term of basic decency and where some of your fans fall do you? Because I don't think you'd really want to hear it. Having said this, the large majority of Nebby fans have always treated me decently while I've been at games in Lincoln. But your minority of fans? Wow.

Been to Iowa 3 times and never had a problem at all. The majority of so called Iowa fans that visit here are an embarrassment to the many fans at your stadium. It's like all the asshats reside on message boards because of anonymity.

Reactions: timnsun
Yes. It's an embarrassment. Just as many of you have to be embarrassed by your fans in Memorial Stadium cheering for injuries. The Nebraska fans sitting next to me were horrified. It was revealing to say the least.

But that's the minority, and the minority gets even more extreme at the margins. One margin being internet message board posters as a general rule

Reactions: CriticalObserver
Yes. It's an embarrassment. Just as many of you have to be embarrassed by your fans in Memorial Stadium cheering for injuries. The Nebraska fans sitting next to me were horrified. It was revealing to say the least.

But that's the minority, and the minority gets even more extreme at the margins. One margin being internet message board posters as a general rule

Yes we have our share of fans that should not post or run their mouth.

Reactions: CriticalObserver
Yep so do I! Let me guess... last year you signed the petition on fireferentz.com and now you have a poster of him up in your trailer.
Easy Cowboy

I am a Ferentz fan, always have been. He's a stand up guy, has done great things for the university The Iowa AD doesn't care about message board morons.

I am also a fan of Riley. He will do things the right way. Just needs some time.

Reactions: timnsun
I always pull for all of the BIG teams in bowl games . The more games the conference wins, the stronger the conference looks. The stronger the conference is , the more appealing the conference is to recruits !!

Been to Iowa 3 times and never had a problem at all. The majority of so called Iowa fans that visit here are an embarrassment to the many fans at your stadium. It's like all the asshats reside on message boards because of anonymity.
That makes those Iowa fans just like Nebraska fans and every other fan bases fans. Don't act like it's "just Iowa", because it isn't. Your "fans" are no better than "our fans".

The difference on here is there is nearly ZERO tolerance for another fan base. I do think that has lessened somewhat this season.

In the past, my simply stating the first sentence in the last paragraph would be blacklisted.

I do think the Iowa board needs much more moderation in regards to certain trolling and general rudeness when it gets personal or really out of line.

For big10 purposes, yes, I will....

But at the same time I would LOVE if they got beat. Won't lose any sleep either way

I know it is kind of an obligation to pull for the conference teams in the bowls, but I am struggling with that with Iowa. Is it bad to hope they get blown out? I have no problem supporting the other Big Ten teams.
No way, never cheer for Iowa or the Badgers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT