ADVERTISEMENT

Season tickets have arrived.

yep...mine arrived also.....my wife had one question...."I thought you weren't going to renew those this year?"

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Have you at anytime consider not renewing them? Just curious
I wouldn't say I ever seriously considered NOT renewing them but I have considered cutting back.
I remember the good ol days when we had 2 and had to take turns. Got to go to 1 game per year and the waiting list for season tickets was long. So when they added the north addition with the suites I added 2. Again the same when they added the east 600 sections I added 4 but also moved my 2 from the north stadium to the 600 section. Total of 8.

Now 3 of my kids have moved out of state and the 4th works weekends a lot so it makes it hard to justify keeping 8. But there's something special about each set. Our original 2 have been in "the family " since the 50s . Those I share with my siblings if they want to go. The others are a pair in front row of 607 and a set of 4 together in front row of 606. ABSOLUTELY love the easy access and view from the 600 section seats.

Unfortunately, the way our Huskers have been playing the last 2 decades it gets harder to justify because some games you practically have to give them away. We had a local waiting list of people that wanted our tickets if we couldn't go. We charged face value but they had to bring us a program as we collected them. Most have no clue that the price of the ticket is the cheap part of ownership of season ticket.

Also with every game being televised most would rather watch from recliner on big screen rather than waste 8 hours going to Lincoln, spending an additional 100 to 200 bucks on a game that most of the time got turned of at halftime. Atleast last year we were close 😆.

Sorry for the long reply but figured it needed full explanation

I wouldn't say I ever seriously considered NOT renewing them but I have considered cutting back.
I remember the good ol days when we had 2 and had to take turns. Got to go to 1 game per year and the waiting list for season tickets was long. So when they added the north addition with the suites I added 2. Again the same when they added the east 600 sections I added 4 but also moved my 2 from the north stadium to the 600 section. Total of 8.

Now 3 of my kids have moved out of state and the 4th works weekends a lot so it makes it hard to justify keeping 8. But there's something special about each set. Our original 2 have been in "the family " since the 50s . Those I share with my siblings if they want to go. The others are a pair in front row of 607 and a set of 4 together in front row of 606. ABSOLUTELY love the easy access and view from the 600 section seats.

Unfortunately, the way our Huskers have been playing the last 2 decades it gets harder to justify because some games you practically have to give them away. We had a local waiting list of people that wanted our tickets if we couldn't go. We charged face value but they had to bring us a program as we collected them. Most have no clue that the price of the ticket is the cheap part of ownership of season ticket.

Also with every game being televised most would rather watch from recliner on big screen rather than waste 8 hours going to Lincoln, spending an additional 100 to 200 bucks on a game that most of the time got turned of at halftime. Atleast last year we were close 😆.

Sorry for the long reply but figured it needed full explanation
Things will even be more expensive this year going to games…

Gas is higher.
Bars and Restaurants have upped their prices either on alcohol or food or both.
If your coming in from out of state the hotels have raised their prices a little too.

Gas is higher.
If your coming in from out of state the hotels have raised their prices a little too.
But I've been told wages are up....

Gas is higher.
Nah I'm a local 🤪. I come in for the game and get out of dodge!! I've usually got chores to do anyway!!

Nah I'm a local 🤪. I come in for the game and get out of dodge!! I've usually got chores to do anyway!!
Is that sort of boring?

I have not done that and I am local as well. I always just plan on it being a 8-10 hour day.

Is that sort of boring?

I have not done that and I am local as well. I always just plan on it being a 8-10 hour day.
I agree with 66, when we get tickets we come home same day, definitely don’t go to bars I won’t pay 4,5,6 dollars or more for a drink especially when it doesn’t taste any different then it did 40 years ago guess I’m just cheap

I agree with 66, when we get tickets we come home same day, definitely don’t go to bars I won’t pay 4,5,6 dollars or more for a drink especially when it doesn’t taste any different then it did 40 years ago guess I’m just cheap
Frugal 😆

Frugal 😆
Got my tickets, East stadium,section 603! Love them, easy access, escalators, bathrooms, concessions close by! When younger & we had victories, it was a long party day! Now, fighting crowds, high prices, terrible records, it is no fun! I can tolerate a lot if we win, even 7 & 5 record! This season I hope we win, optimistic for a 8 & 4 season, even if we keep Coach Frost! Love the new coaches! Loved Coach Frost when he came to coach, but now don't care for him! No long rant on why, but want Huskers to win!!, Vamos grande rojo!!

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT