ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Wrestling Championship Day 2 Thread

Badger Pete

Walk On
Dec 22, 2013
Session 3 | Quarterfinals & consolations: 11 a.m CT, on ESPNU/ESPN+

Session 4 | Semifinals & blood round: 7 p.m. CT on ESPNU/ESPN+

Huskers wrestled very well yesterday, and it shows how important bonus points are get into the Top 5. I love the effort from Smith and Van Dee was just seconds away from upsetting a higher seed. GBR!!!

so heart breaking 1) barnett lost control 2) there was 2 times that barnett locked hands imo

Van Dee is out. He wrestled hard all season is a bright spot in the line up for 3 more years. Just a Frosh.

Hardy--Great job, a broken cradle away from a different result against a great opponent. . he can wrestle back

Last edited:
Reactions: Badger Pete
Lovett is very very tough riding. However, there is no way i would have made that call to take top. Bottom or at least neutral.

its the chance one takes

Lovett is very very tough riding. However, there is no way i would have made that call to take top. Bottom or at least neutral.

its the chance one takes

While he is great on top, you can't make that call in the 3rd in a 0-0 match.

Obviously the guy has been more than your equal, and you are in the Semis against a tough SOB that you haven't proven yet that you can get the better of. And you get all cocky and think you are riding this guy out in the 3rd?

I have very little doubt he takes bottom he gets an escape, and the other guy gets desperate and he wins 3-0 or better as he is an amazing counter wrestler.

Just mind-numbingly stupid and cost him a shot at a National Title.

While he is great on top, you can't make that call in the 3rd in a 0-0 match.

Obviously the guy has been more than your equal, and you are in the Semis against a tough SOB that you haven't proven yet that you can get the better of. And you get all cocky and think you are riding this guy out in the 3rd?

I have very little doubt he takes bottom he gets an escape, and the other guy gets desperate and he wins 3-0 or better as he is an amazing counter wrestler.

Just mind-numbingly stupid and cost him a shot at a National Title.
Good take on this. It was just dumb. Take neutral if anything

Reactions: StoneTempleHusker
Good take on this. It was just dumb. Take neutral if anything

And then I watch a guy like Starocci.

I didn't wrestle past Junior High, so I have zero clue about the technical stuff and how difficult it is to succeed at this level.

However, I can see a guy like Starocci with what seems to be him laying on people and they can't move. His hands and shoulders hips and legs have to be so ridiculously much stronger than his opponents that he can just physically suffocate his opponents that are the same weight.

Venture to guess he could unscrew a bolt from the Brooklyn Bridge with his bare hands.

• Haha
Reactions: Badger Pete
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT