ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Bob Seger

Trivia.
Anyone know of a song in which he mentions/ describes Nebraska? ( a favorite but not mentioned below)
East of Omaha should replace Iowa on all maps going forward.

So basically, per the alive Bob Seger, that state to the East is long and lonesome. The man toured it, lived it, and he knows.

My favorites:
Her Strut
Shame On The Moon
Fire Lake
The Fire Down Below
Katmandu
Mainstreet
Turn The Page
Black Night (Not one of the most popular but witty lyrics and catchy tune.)

Least favorites eminate from the 80's era labels urging to produce and promote radio hits that were created to appeal to wide audiences. It changed the face of rock to just downright awfulness.

Reactions: Laner2
I think he's still alive and will do a farewell tour in 2024.
I love farewell tours. I'd like to be a part of one someday.

“I haven’t been touring for a long time and it’s been a painful decision whether to go back on the road ... but I’ve made a decision and this is the last show I’m gonna do.”
Elton John, 1977!!

Tickets for his current show sets are still available. The Promotional Schister Tour.
But be sure and order yours today, it may be your last chance.
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/far...bands/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

• Haha
Reactions: Laner2 and huntered
Like a Rock, in my book, his best song among many great ones. In the attached "Like a Rock video, can you guess what the train represents? I saw an interview with Seger from years ago and he described what it meant.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Cmon guys it gave us a reason to listen to some good music

I appreciate it OP. Even if you're a liar hahaha

Memories of horsfeathers or the brass rail. Sticky floors, pitchers of beer, sweat, seager over the sound system. College at its best

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT