ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule Post game

You can be great in practice but we all see how it’s translating on gamedays.

Heard the same thing under Frost. At some point, you are what you do in games. I think it's fair to give Sims a half against lessor competition and see what he does. If he sucks, it's time to use the next three halves to see what HH can do.

only a complete idiot can convince himself the guy who never wins gives us the best chance to win
HH was crushing it during his time today. We can want to win all we want but a different Qb on our roster now isn’t going to make much of a difference that way. Worst Qb room at Neb I’ve seen since since I started watching religiously in 78. Couple that with our big play makers like Bullock at WR - and you got yourself quite the recipe to kick ass on the offensive side of the ball.

HH was crushing it during his time today. We can want to win all we want but a different Qb on our roster now isn’t going to make much of a difference that way. Worst Qb room at Neb I’ve seen since since I started watching religiously in 78. Couple that with our big play makers like Bullock at WR - and you got yourself quite the recipe to kick ass on the offensive side of the ball.
Wow. And here I thought Joe Daly and the stiffs behind him were bad…. Mmm yeah. They were.

Reactions: arf_man
If easy to fix .. then it would have already been fixed
Do you honestly think bad timing on snaps and fumbling handoffs were happening all over the place in practice. Please tell me how many of those happened against Minnesota.
only a complete idiot can convince himself the guy who never wins gives us the best chance to win
Wow. And here I thought Joe Daly and the stiffs behind him were bad…. Mmm yeah. They were.
Texas Tech 70 NU 10 - Joe Daily & Beau Davis. Yikes... thanks for making me think of that disaster of a 2nd half.

Do you honestly think bad timing on snaps and fumbling handoffs were happening all over the place in practice. Please tell me how many of those happened against Minnesota.

Texas Tech 70 NU 10 - Joe Daily & Beau Davis. Yikes... thanks for making me think of that disaster of a 2nd half.
You’re welcome. Any time I hear worst ever I always say hmmmmmm

Heard the same thing under Frost. At some point, you are what you do in games. I think it's fair to give Sims a half against lessor competition and see what he does. If he sucks, it's time to use the next three halves to see what HH can do.
You know he's not going to bail on Sims....yet.

Reactions: solarpanels
Not if he’s turning it over every quarter
Aren’t you sick of hearing, “ we play this guy at quarterback because he gives us the best chance to win”, then we loose! You have to have a difference maker as a freshman or sophomore quarterback ( we don’t have that) if you don’t have one then it doesn’t make any difference who your starter is cuz he isn’t worried about being benched. The sports reporters in Nebraska need to be calling this staff out on this kind of crap, when the staff tells them we can win with anyone of these three a quarterback then we look like crap. And you can’t convince me it’s just the turn overs, Osborne averaged three turnovers a game over twenty years.

Aren’t you sick of hearing, “ we play this guy at quarterback because he gives us the best chance to win”, then we loose! You have to have a difference maker as a freshman or sophomore quarterback ( we don’t have that) if you don’t have one then it doesn’t make any difference who your starter is cuz he isn’t worried about being benched. The sports reporters in Nebraska need to be calling this staff out on this kind of crap, when the staff tells them we can win with anyone of these three a quarterback then we look like crap. And you can’t convince me it’s just the turn overs, Osborne averaged three turnovers a game over twenty years.
It’s literally the dumbest opinion possible

“This loser gives us the best chance to win”

Only a true moron could actually believe that

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
You can say the NFL is a different game but Rhule’s major weakness there was his QB. Save me his GM didn’t help him, BS. Rhule is awful when it comes to finding a QB.

This is the bullshit that was served up to the fanbase by our head coach going into the season

“He’s a triple threat. He can throw it. He can run it. And he can beat you with his mind as well. He can get to the right play. He’s an NFL player. I think he’s under the radar. Not being talked about a lot. Which is probably good, there’s not a ton of expectation on him. I know our entire team is going to go out and fight for him cause because they believe in him. He’s such a great leader.”
It took the BIG roadshow guys part of one practice to say otherwise.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Some of you guys would only be happy if Rhule pulled out a gun and blew his brains out at the podium. Good Lord. Get over it.
dramatic much? I just want him to resign. He's just a guy with a silver tongue that took NU for 70+ million.

Reactions: InMotion
You can say the NFL is a different game but Rhule’s major weakness there was his QB. Save me his GM didn’t help him, BS. Rhule is awful when it comes to finding a QB.
He had no control over who his QB was. That was a sticking point from day one.

He had no control over who his QB was. That was a sticking point from day one.
he had control going into this year and the results speak for themselves

the biggest failure at the most important position on the field in the history of the program - maybe in the enitre history of college football

I don't think ego has anything to do with it. Sims is the best guy we have. Let's see how things improve the next few games headed into conference play. The (3) HUGE fumbles are very easy to fix. Outside of those plays he really didn't play that poorly. But in the end those fumbles gave us no shot and crushed drives and killed our defense.

It isn’t going to change or get better, Simms is what he is and nobody is gonna change that mid-season. I mean, it probably won’t be 4 turnovers every game, that would be insane. (48 turnovers in season would definitely be an NCAA record) But unless you consider only 2 turnovers a game an improvement, there won’t be much/any improvement.

Reactions: BleedRed78
he had control going into this year and the results speak for themselves

the biggest failure at the most important position on the field in the history of the program - maybe in the enitre history of college football
OK red Michigan. Who were you going to get in the time Rhule had? Flores was gone. Who else was available who had any interest in joining a team who had the O line issues we had last year? The only thing he could of done was what Callahan did in offering multiple lightly recruited low level guys hoping to find a baller. We were screwed with the early signing period.

Crazy. I know I'm overly optimistic, but I see the potential for this team, with this schedule, to still have a shot at winning the division and playing in the Big Ten title game. Lot of season left and we finally get to go play at home and build up some confidence and momentum before Michigan comes to town (which I think is a L).

The turnovers must be fixed, but this is the best team we've had in awhile (not saying much). Very happy with the defense and see the potential of the offense.
I literally wrote a month or so ago that this team may well start 0-2 and still end up 7-5 and win the division. The team will get better as the season progresses. Too many are comparing what Rhule is doing to what Sanders is doing. One is built for the today and the other is built for long term. I’ll take the long term.

If you look at the make up of Colorado, when Sanders and Hunter go to the league next year, they are going to have to rely on another set of transfers to come in and be great. Or they are going to be playing a bunch of Freshmen. They are exactly one injury away from not winning another game. If Sanders goes down they are screwed.

Martinez and Armstrong proved that you can have a quarterback who can run but if you can’t or don’t run the option you limit his production and overall effectiveness. It was more than obvious at Minnesota and almost as bad as bad at Colorado. Did the fullback even run the ball at CU ? Where is all the speed we recruited? We’ll be all right we will settle down after the Michigan game.

Martinez and Armstrong proved that you can have a quarterback who can run but if you can’t or don’t run the option you limit his production and overall effectiveness. It was more than obvious at Minnesota and almost as bad as bad at Colorado. Did the fullback even run the ball at CU ? Where is all the speed we recruited? We’ll be all right we will settle down after the Michigan game.
Armstrong, Adrian and Taylor Martinez are ranked numbers 1-2-3 in all time passing yards at Nebraska

what made them a running threat is their ability to actually hit the broad side of a barn with a pass as well their legs - none of them really ran the option

Armstrong, Adrian and Taylor Martinez are ranked numbers 1-2-3 in all time passing yards at Nebraska

what made them a running threat is their ability to actually hit the broad side of a barn with a pass as well their legs - none of them really ran the option
They achieved those passing stats because of the no huddle hurry up offenses they played in AND the number of years they started. They played in more games each year and way more snaps in each game. It’s math.

Last edited:
They achieved those passing stats because of the no huddle hurry up offenses they played in AND the number of years they started.
the point is that your ability to run the ball as a team or as a QB is going to be severely limited if your QB is as inept in the passing game as Sims is

the reason TCU ran the ball so much more effectively than we did against Colorado is because they also had to defend against the pass

OK red Michigan. Who were you going to get in the time Rhule had? Flores was gone. Who else was available who had any interest in joining a team who had the O line issues we had last year? The only thing he could of done was what Callahan did in offering multiple lightly recruited low level guys hoping to find a baller. We were screwed with the early signing period.
He had Hornsby lined up and blew that. He had CT and blew that. Besides that, there were plenty of other targets out there besides Sims.

This is a contrarian opinion based on what I've read this weekend, but I actually thought Sims' decision making was some better in general yesterday than against Minnesota. The INT and going OOB at end of 1st half were brutal, yes. But we saw visible check downs, throwing balls away and not staring down receivers. The first fumble is on him and he needs to just fall on it. The 2nd and 3rd were from millisecond off timing with the shotgun snap and the motion man, theoretically easily fixable. The fumbled handoff with Ervin I still don't see how you pin on Sims. Look fellas, our OL is bad and our receiving corps has no playmakers that we can tell. Rhule and Satt have GOT to tailor a gameplan to Sims' strengths if he is the guy. We just have no margin for error to win against anyone, making all the dumb mistakes we do. But I do believe there's some things to work with if they gameplan right. Lots of season left. GBR

the point is that your ability to run the ball as a team or as a QB is going to be severely limited if your QB is as inept in the passing game as Sims is

the reason TCU ran the ball so much more effectively than we did against Colorado is because they also had to defend against the pass
Likewise a QB run threat like AM, TM and TA had opened up some easier throws in particular if you weren’t down by 14. That QB run threat was something wanted in a portal QB. It’s likely one reason why HH is first off the bench.

This is a contrarian opinion based on what I've read this weekend, but I actually thought Sims' decision making was some better in general yesterday than against Minnesota. The INT and going OOB at end of 1st half were brutal, yes. But we saw visible check downs, throwing balls away and not staring down receivers. The first fumble is on him and he needs to just fall on it. The 2nd and 3rd were from millisecond off timing with the shotgun snap and the motion man, theoretically easily fixable. The fumbled handoff with Ervin I still don't see how you pin on Sims. Look fellas, our OL is bad and our receiving corps has no playmakers that we can tell. Rhule and Satt have GOT to tailor a gameplan to Sims' strengths if he is the guy. We just have no margin for error to win against anyone, making all the dumb mistakes we do. But I do believe there's some things to work with if they gameplan right. Lots of season left. GBR
I would also call his decision not to just fall on the ball with both of his fumbled snaps contributed to me thinking his decision making was lack luster.

Likewise a QB run threat like AM, TM and TA had opened up some easier throws in particular if you weren’t down by 14. That QB run threat was something wanted in a portal QB. It’s likely one reason why HH is first off the bench.
Still doing it I see

Haarberg is the only option off the bench, and hopefully after Saturday the only option to lead this team to any modicum of success this year.

If ever there was a time to play the “better passer” (LOL!), it would’ve been on Sat down by a ton

Only chance purdy has to play is if Haarberg’s helmet comes off again

Reactions: leodisflowers
Still doing it I see

Haarberg is the only option off the bench, and hopefully after Saturday the only option to lead this team to any modicum of success this year.

If ever there was a time to play the “better passer” (LOL!), it would’ve been on Sat down by a ton

Only chance purdy has to play is if Haarberg’s helmet comes off again
Yep. Hopefully Sat plays to what HH does well and they give him a shot. At this point its a great time to get him the snaps and go get him battle tested before we get to the conference games which are only a small step up at this point outside of Michigan.

I don't think ego has anything to do with it. Sims is the best guy we have. Let's see how things improve the next few games headed into conference play. The (3) HUGE fumbles are very easy to fix. Outside of those plays he really didn't play that poorly. But in the end those fumbles gave us no shot and crushed drives and killed our defense.
Easy to fix for a Freshman maybe... not a 4 yr player

Reactions: BleedRed78
I think Rhule will start Sims this week, jf healthy. Look who you are playing. If you just run the ball you will handle them and win by 3-4 TD. If he starts HH this weekend, you will win and then how does he go back to Sims.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I think Rhule will start Sims this week, jf healthy. Look who you are playing. If you just run the ball you will handle them and win by 3-4 TD. If he starts HH this weekend, you will win and then how does he go back to Sims.
He doesnt

That’s the point

Sims is incapable and will not be missed

The state and team will galvanize behind the leadership of a small town NE kid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT