ADVERTISEMENT

Spring game format.

NUSouth

Senior
Oct 25, 2009
What are you thinking for the format of the spring game? I am thinking that unless we play Walk-on QBs It’s gonna be an offense versus defense format.

Assuming it’s teams how do you split up the quarterbacks? have the two freshmen on one team and then HH and a walk on as the quarterbacks on the other team ?

This is one year where I am in favor of the green jerseys on the scholarship quarterbacks as we don’t have enough of them.

What are you thinking for the format of the spring game? I am thinking that unless we play Walk-on QBs It’s gonna be an offense versus defense format.

Assuming it’s teams how do you split up the quarterbacks? have the two freshmen on one team and then HH and a walk on as the quarterbacks on the other team ?

This is one year where I am in favor of the green jerseys on the scholarship quarterbacks as we don’t have enough of them.
Format likely won't be decided until week before the Spring game. Too many variables (eg. injuries or standout performances) about what can happen during practices leading up to the game.

I’m thinking they lineup and play football, best on best

All I know is that if DR goes down with a season ending injury in the Spring or Fall camp I am going to just crawl into a hole somewhere and never come out again.
And sadly you can imagine what opposing defenses will be thinking come fall.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I think because of the QB youth it would be ideal to make it as game like as possible. There are going to be 70+ thousand there, embrace it, use it, treat it like a real game because that FIRST real game is going to be here really soon.

Reactions: king_kong_
Who cares about the game format when the whole weekend is a Prime Weekend.
Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN

Whatever format the coaches think is most beneficial is fine with me.

One thing I liked about the Callahan era was BC spending some time in the broadcast booth explaining plays and even giving viewers a heads-up on the next play to be run.

I think because of the QB youth it would be ideal to make it as game like as possible. There are going to be 70+ thousand there, embrace it, use it, treat it like a real game because that FIRST real game is going to be here really soon.
100% agree with this

Can’t coddle the youngsters

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT