ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you're right. This 15-25 talk began a couple weeks ago, and it was based upon projections of several quality players that were leaning our way. We've lost momentum and some of those players have committed elsewhere since then. I think the low end of that range is probably off the table now as a result. And the top end will be too if we don't start landing some on our A-list.
wrong. None of those guys that the recruiting analysts were talking about back then have committed anywhere yet. The only people having a panic attack over recruiting are free board posters. The stupidity that gets vented on here about an 18 year old kid's college decision is amazing.

wrong. None of those guys that the recruiting analysts were talking about back then have committed anywhere yet. The only people having a panic attack over recruiting are free board posters. The stupidity that gets vented on here about an 18 year old kid's college decision is amazing.

That would be you that's wrong. Since those #15 rumblings first surfaced:
  1. OT Anchrum was our silent commit that Riley mentioned in November. Now he's a Clemson commit
  2. Chandler was a heavy NU lean at that time. Now he's an ASU commit.
  3. Reese was leaning NU. Now he's a Florida commit.
Thanks for contributing to the stupidity of this forum.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
What the heck do you call what Bray has done since arriving? All this talk about Tosh or Orgeron is non-sense: 1) everyone thinks they're dirty, NOT TRUE 2) they don't want to come here, I SHOOK COACH O's HAND & HE TOLD ME HOW IMPRESSED HE WAS BY NEBRASKA 3) you don't just assemble a group of coaches like you do the American League all star team. YEAH, BECAUSE WHO WOULD WANT TO SHOOT FOR THE MOON? Slacker Mentality has got us where we're at today.

I can't make fun of you, though. Sometime back I said I thought our over/under was 24.

To show how stupid the discussion is at this point, IIRC we could land 5 of the lowest possible 3-stars tonight and have the #25 class, give or take, right now.

To show how stupid the discussion is at this point, IIRC we could land 5 of the lowest possible 3-stars tonight and have the #25 class, give or take, right now.

Assuming a recruit actually picks Nebraska over other teams. Winking

I really, really hope HTO and the other optimists are correct. There is still a lot of recruiting left. But right now don't be too hard on we nervous Nellies. Because lately we have seen several recruits the optimists told us were Nebraska leans go elsewhere. Hope it isn't a trend.

That would be you that's wrong. Since those #15 rumblings first surfaced:
  1. OT Anchrum was our silent commit that Riley mentioned in November. Now he's a Clemson commit
  2. Chandler was a heavy NU lean at that time. Now he's an ASU commit.
  3. Reese was leaning NU. Now he's a Florida commit.
Thanks for contributing to the stupidity of this forum.
Please show me where any recruiting analyst (not just a free board poster) had any of those guys in their list of guys "silently committed" or leaning towards NU that were going to put us in the "top 15". You are basing your statement on what some of the manic panicked free board "experts" have been posting and most of those guys don't know diddly. Using bad guesses from the uninformed masses is not a good practice. We are still in contention for a number of highly rated kids that could put us in the top 20 but I suspect a more realistic number is going to be mid 20s. The bottomline for me is it's more about finishing this class with a couple of potential difference makers like Farniok and then filling it out with guys with potential to eventually be starters. I've not got my panties in a wad like you do over whether we finish 19th or 26th.

Please show me where any recruiting analyst (not just a free board poster) had any of those guys in their list of guys "silently committed" or leaning towards NU that were going to put us in the "top 15". You are basing your statement on what some of the manic panicked free board "experts" have been posting and most of those guys don't know diddly. Using bad guesses from the uninformed masses is not a good practice. We are still in contention for a number of highly rated kids that could put us in the top 20 but I suspect a more realistic number is going to be mid 20s. The bottomline for me is it's more about finishing this class with a couple of potential difference makers like Farniok and then filling it out with guys with potential to eventually be starters. I've not got my panties in a wad like you do over whether we finish 19th or 26th.
manic panicked free board "experts" After nine thousand post on this board you are somehow above it all now? seems a little condenscending that you insult the very board you have posted on so much.

Posters have a right to be concerned about recruiting given what else they have seen from this staff so far

3:50 in the morning, homeslice working hard...

images

manic panicked free board "experts" After nine thousand post on this board you are somehow above it all now? seems a little condenscending that you insult the very board you have posted on so much.

Posters have a right to be concerned about recruiting given what else they have seen from this staff so far
If the shoe fits, wear it chump. Your posting record speaks for itself. I'm not the one on here day after day starting new threads posting the same negative crap about the coaching staff over and over again and wringing my hands over a bunch of 18 year old kids' decisions.

Reactions: HuskerTimOmaha
If the shoe fits, wear it chump. Your posting record speaks for itself. I'm not the one on here day after day starting new threads posting the same negative crap about the coaching staff over and over again and wringing my hands over a bunch of 18 year old kids' decisions.
Since you seem to have more posts than myself thats not exactly true is it - Yes I am concerned about the present staff - but were not you and your buddies on here day after day posting about Pelini and probably Callahan

Reactions: jeans15
but were not you and your buddies on here day after day posting about Pelini and probably Callahan

He wasn't on here starting new threads, all the time, regurgitating the same bullshit, week after week. Fully expected from you blotards though, 15+ openings and your hero didn't get a sniff.

If I went around beating my chest all the time about how I know so much more and am right all time I guess I'd make up strawman posts to take the focus off me being wrong, too. Especially if I were ridiculously narcissistic.

cc+cake+3%281%29.jpg

I think this class will rank 26-34 - high likelihood of being close to the middle of that range.

I think this class will rank 26-34 - high likelihood of being close to the middle of that range.
What I can't understand is a kid from Ohio, who OSU or Mich didn't iffer is what everyone is holding their breath on. A mid 3 star. Man, have things changed......aka our acceptance of mediocrity. Butler, per the poster above might start for us eventually but is far from elite.

2017??? Let's worry about 16 before we go to 17. For the record, OSU has 4, 4 stars and 2, 5 stars to put it in perspective. We are excited about landing 2, 4 stars. My wife's from Ohio so I hear from her buds daily. It's painful!!

Reactions: CC_Lemming
What I can't understand is a kid from Ohio, who OSU or Mich didn't iffer is what everyone is holding their breath on. A mid 3 star. Man, have things changed......aka our acceptance of mediocrity. Butler, per the poster above might start for us eventually but is far from elite.

2017??? Let's worry about 16 before we go to 17. For the record, OSU has 4, 4 stars and 2, 5 stars to put it in perspective. We are excited about landing 2, 4 stars. My wife's from Ohio so I hear from her buds daily. It's painful!!
If you're talking about Reese, I didn't know we were all holding our breath for him. But since you say so, he is good enough that Florida wants him... Says something, doesn't it? Considering they don't need to leave the state to fill their class with top talent.

Also, when the dust settles, we likely finish with more than just 2 4 star recruits... But why wait, right? It's obvious that things won't end well.

IIRC we could land 5 of the lowest possible 3-star tonight and have the #25 class, give or take, right now.

• 5.5 3-star is the lowest
  • 60 points per 5.5 3-star
  • total of 300 (60 * 5)
Currently 344 points from #25, 318 (?) from #26, and 276 or so from #27.

5 of the lowest puts us at #27, falls right in line with a give or take.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT