There is still a couple months left to see how we end up but some general observations:
- I think the staff has made good inroads to the 500 mile area. This was going to be a challenge this year as most of them are new to the recruiting area but they have done a sound job on "Local " recruits. Many of our recruits this year will still come from the west coast but that is to be expected
- Langsdorf is much like Watson used to be " Your job is to get your QB every year" Watson always struck out Langsdorf already has his guy - Good job
- The recruiting seems to be concentrated in a few of the coaches with others not contributing - Bray is doing good Cavanaugh is getting guys then you have Read who signs a kicker out of Washington. Why not sign an unranked kicker out of Nebraska the odds of the kid not getting home sick are better - I swear I know not what this guy does except make a bunch of money
- I am concerned we are still low in numbers, maybe it because of the quality of the guys they are going after but as organized as they are at recruiting and with the effort good, I thought we would be further along.
- We are ranked pretty low in rivals but our average star rating is decent so if they can close with the same quality of recruit we should finish decent this year