ADVERTISEMENT

Random question

WHCSC

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 4, 2002
Is there in helmet communication allowed in bowl games? I just saw the WV QB covering his ear holes before he called the play.

There was a malfunction at the Texas State vs Rice game which isn’t a good look. One of the NCAA’s reservations about going to helmet communication was that some schools won’t be able to afford it. The company( I don’t know the name of) who supplied the headsets says they’ve made a helmet/headset that is affordable for practically everybody. Hopefully the NCAA doesn’t use the mishap as ammunition to continue to kick the can down the road. Such a common sense solution to sign stealing if they can iron out whatever caused the issue.

Saw in the bowl game yesterday (Kansas? Texas State? Not sure which one) that a select number of bowl games are testing out in helmet communications, so the answer is yes, in some bowl games.
Didn’t KU have go to signs in the 2nd quarter?

Some malfunction happed..

they're testing several variations of it during the bowl games

similar to how they test potential new rules for college hoops during the NIT

Several technology/rules changes were tried at certain games. Helmet communication was one, but I also saw a game that allowed coaches to have tablets to work on sideline plays as well.

Reactions: king_kong_
Schools not being able to afford it is a very bad argument. Every D1 football program can afford 30K - 50K AT MOST for helmet communications. I used to think the military was the slowest moving entity as far as change was concerned but I think the NCAA has them beat.

Kinda puts a damper on the hurry up tempo offense though, no?
Thank God.
Huddle offense, the way God intended it.

I mean what I say. If you broadcast your signals out there for the world to see, they run the risk of getting stolen. Live with it or send plays in with players and only signal in 2:00 warning situations.

I hate what Michigan did…but We need to stop making victims out of everyone who faces logical consequences for their choices! We cant protect everyone from their decisions.

Thank God.

I mean what I say. If you broadcast your signals out there for the world to see, they run the risk of getting stolen. Live with it or send plays in with players and only signal in 2:00 warning situations.

I hate what Michigan did…but We need to stop making victims out of everyone who faces logical consequences for their choices! We cant protect everyone from their decisions.
Lol you're a real joy

Reactions: Husker Todd
Thank God.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT