ADVERTISEMENT

Raiola on the move - again

How did switching Phoenix high schools better himself after already being the #1 recruit in the nation?

What was the big deal with sitting 5 games? It isn't like he had deep ties to the school and was letting his teammates down. He probably never even learned their names. They had to know they weren't getting a waiver.
I was wondering this same thing. There was a trend developing with top draft prospects sitting out games or skipping entire seasons to preserve themselves for the NFL. Top NBA prospects in college and even not in college are sitting out games, half seasons or entire seasons. It seems like self preservation and preparation for the next level are all the rage. So why not just have this HS superstar sit out half the year- he's got a perfect excuse. But maybe the kid just loves to play football? I think a lot of it has to do with Kirby Smart wanting this kid close to Athens.

I was wondering this same thing. There was a trend developing with top draft prospects sitting out games or skipping entire seasons to preserve themselves for the NFL. Top NBA prospects in college and even not in college are sitting out games, half seasons or entire seasons. It seems like self preservation and preparation for the next level are all the rage. So why not just have this HS superstar sit out half the year- he's got a perfect excuse. But maybe the kid just loves to play football? I think a lot of it has to do with Kirby Smart wanting this kid close to Athens.
I'm sure everything will work out fine. But it will be interesting to see what happens if he gets hurt or dinged up. Will he stay and fight or just pack up and move to a different city and team. He clearly doesn't have a problem switching schools and clearly doesn't get attached to one place or certain people.

I think it’s sad the kid won’t have the traditional HS experience/memories to look back on later in life. I understand that he’s not your average kid down the street, and I’m not saying he shouldn’t pursue his dreams however he and his family decide. I just think it’s a shame any time I see kids missing out on being kids to some extent.

How did switching Phoenix high schools better himself after already being the #1 recruit in the nation? Same for moving to Georgia. If Georgia has always felt like family then why didn't they move there in the first place? Why commit to OSU?

What was the big deal with sitting 5 games? It isn't like he had deep ties to the school and was letting his teammates down. He probably never even learned their names. They had to know they weren't getting a waiver.

Georgia is such a close knit and reliable family that they kept leaking his commitment date before he could announce it so he had to keep moving it back. You really can't make this stuff up.

Every week that goes by it looks like NU got really lucky in landing DK. I feel like DR and family were going to hold the program hostage with the threat of leaving. Questionable decision making going on in that house all the way around and no reason to think it will get better as time goes on.
Oh, I get it now after this long post. You really know a lot about the kid, and really wanted him, and now are really digging deep for a reason not to want him. That is fine, it hurts for our new coach with a subpar roster and a no history of explosive recruiting to miss out on the top player in the nation. It sucks and I believe it was closer than anyone thinks, fortunately we have been trained for failure by having the worst power 5 team going on more than a half decade. It gets old rebuilding every 4-6 years and DR might have sped up the process.

Oh, I get it now after this long post. You really know a lot about the kid, and really wanted him, and now are really digging deep for a reason not to want him. That is fine, it hurts for our new coach with a subpar roster and a no history of explosive recruiting to miss out on the top player in the nation. It sucks and I believe it was closer than anyone thinks, fortunately we have been trained for failure by having the worst power 5 team going on more than a half decade. It gets old rebuilding every 4-6 years and DR might have sped up the process.
Wow that was so beautifully said! Thank you for adding such value to this thread!

I got a feeling that some Georgia HS bylaws got changed...about 40 hours ago haha

Wonder if he would be eligible if he committed to NU and transferred to that HS in Georgia?

Which by laws got changed? In Ga, any kid can transfer to any school as long as parents or guardian move into the district. Buford's recruiting budget is bigger than small colleges, they are completing a new 50m$ stadium. It's the top program in the state and will have multiple 5* players this fall. Several pro coaches have kids there. The QB scheduled to start transferred in at Christmas, so he hadn't been waiting his turn very long. Most of Bufords players are transfers, I personally don't think they should be allowed to compete against public HS.

Which by laws got changed? In Ga, any kid can transfer to any school as long as parents or guardian move into the district. Buford's recruiting budget is bigger than small colleges, they are completing a new 50m$ stadium. It's the top program in the state and will have multiple 5* players this fall. Several pro coaches have kids there. The QB scheduled to start transferred in at Christmas, so he hadn't been waiting his turn very long. Most of Bufords players are transfers, I personally don't think they should be allowed to compete against public HS.
Why are you here? So weird. Go to your site.

Actually I couldn't be happier with how things turned out. When DR chose Georgia I figured NU would end up signing some qb that everyone else backed off or some developmental prospect. Instead he flipped the local boy in a matter of days. Shows some recruiting chops doing that. Now the local boy is recruiting his ass off, for NU. Meanwhile, DR continues his trend of showing no loyalty. So I'm good.

Loser parents are moving their family across country for at least the 2nd time in a few years all in search of that elusive high school that might just be good enough for their precious boys

I have lost count - who has done more interviews during this recruiting cycle - Dom or his kid?

A lot of people will bash this for having a lack of character and being “flaky” but if he was transferring to Lincoln East, everyone would be geeked out that he’s coming here his final HS season and they’d fill the stadium to watch him.

Let’s let him do him and move on.

I got a feeling that some Georgia HS bylaws got changed...about 40 hours ago haha

Wonder if he would be eligible if he committed to NU and transferred to that HS in Georgia?
What are you talking about, if you move into any school district in the United States you are immediately eligible.

A lot of people will bash this for having a lack of character and being “flaky” but if he was transferring to Lincoln East, everyone would be geeked out that he’s coming here his final HS season and they’d fill the stadium to watch him.

Let’s let him do him and move on.
He was never ever ever going to end up at NU

It was an orchestrated scheme from day 1 to

- throw his uncle a coaching life line

- get son and more importantly dad some more attention from easy marks

- get little brother - who is playing JV football - a power 5 offer

NU and certainly any high school in Neb are beneath the Raiola’s other than to feed their egos

Reactions: Chuck003
What are you talking about, if you move into any school district in the United States you are immediately eligible.
To attend the school, sure. Not always to play sports though.

It is different from state to state and district to district.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
To attend the school, sure. Not always to play sports though.

It is different from state to state and district to distdecade.
Nonsense, if you legit move into a different school district and in good academic standing and facing no legal issues there is no rule stating you can't play. Any association trying to make a rule like that would be sued and fold the day it arrived.

Now if the move is proven to not be a real move that changes the ruling. Buford High has lawers on retainers just for eligibility issues. With DR there now, 3 of Rivals top 15 players go there. You think they all grew up there. It makes a sham of state playoffs. Coach will be fired without a state championship this year and Los 3 games over 5 years.

Nonsense, if you legit move into a different school district and in good academic standing and facing no legal issues there is no rule stating you can't play. Any association trying to make a rule like that would be sued and fold the day it arrived.

Now if the move is proven to not be a real move that changes the ruling. Buford High has lawers on retainers just for eligibility issues. With DR there now, 3 of Rivals top 15 players go there. You think they all grew up there. It makes a sham of state playoffs. Coach will be fired without a state championship this year and Los 3 games over 5 years.
This is wrong. And 99% of judges, at all levels, have said over and over again that they leave the education to educators, they don't like to get involved. Just like when Daddy tries to get a judge to "order that his kid can play Friday night" even when he has been suspended for bad grades. Also, if you have to "go to court" over your kid playing a sport in HS, you are an asshole.

Why would you try and pretend like it is accurate? If you reply to this post, it will be you admitting you were wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeaOfRed75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT