ADVERTISEMENT

Raiola/Kaelin Iron sharpens Iron

x35goahs

Walk On
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2005
I had a thought this week about the possibilities of how good Kaelin could become having to battle with Raiola for the next few years. That’s another reason the Bama’s and OSU’s of the world have had so much success because their entire qb room is filled with NFL prospects at the position. They don’t have rooms with 1 true qb and a bunch of guys that probably shouldn’t be power 5. Flash forward 5 years what if the best thing to ever happen to Kaelins development was having to battle and keep up with Raiola 😳. Fingers crossed…

Unfortunately that isn't going to be the way that things work anymore. Whoever loses the battle at any given position is simply going to transfer.

Reactions: cavalot
Initial recruiting classes aren't nearly as important as they used to be. With the widespread portal transfers what really matters is which recruits stick for a career. And at no position are transfers more widespread than at QB because the top dog gets all the playing time.

If Rhule wants DK to stay then he will have to pay him enough that other schools are scared away. That's how it works. Other schools become uncomfortable paying a lot for an unproven backup. And only Rhule and NU will know what he's truly worth as time goes on.

At what point will college players have agents, AD's serve as GM's and schools making trades with one another? Not blaming the kids at all - they gotta do what's best for them, just curious what % of today's players end up transferring at least once during their career compared to 10 years ago...

Reactions: x35goahs
At what point will college players have agents, AD's serve as GM's and schools making trades with one another? Not blaming the kids at all - they gotta do what's best for them, just curious what % of today's players end up transferring at least once during their career compared to 10 years ago...
oh man, I feel like we are barreling down that road so quickly. NONE of that seems unrealistic at this point. And I'm sure the increase in transfers from a decade ago is astronomical.

Nothing is set in stone.
Another time Nebraska got two qb's of this magnitude, one started earlier and the other got pretty upset.
Ended up the first guy kind of faded and second banana won a Heisman.

Nothing is set in stone.
Another time Nebraska got two qb's of this magnitude, one started earlier and the other got pretty upset.
Ended up the first guy kind of faded and second banana won a Heisman.
I don't think the first guy faded, I think he got the short end of the stick. I give Bobby a lot of credit for sticking around and being a team player, we lose to Kansas without him. But yes, obviously things worked out with EC under center.

analogy doesnt work here bc kaelin isnt making raiola better. also iron doesn't actually sharpen iron it only creates friction/heat.
season 4 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

• Haha
Reactions: timnsun
Similar to what's happening now. These dudes are jumping from one school to the next. Eventually they will all learn their value will be evaluated and disposed of quickly if they dont produce. They chose the path and some are starting to see how the real world works.

Reactions: Huskers123456
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT