ADVERTISEMENT

Which portal QB do you want

beaglehusker

Head Coach
Sep 29, 2006
Pro for McCord obviously is his BIG experience

Honestly I don't watch as much football as I used to so I don't have a good opinion on most.

All of them, and it doesn't seem like they are coming off the board as fast as I had thought they would either. I thought the stars had a landing spot lined up prior to even departing.

Reactions: Baxter48
since some have been written off, this is what I want...

mccord first, as we have seen a Satterfield offense needs arm..

leavitt co second, as we have seen if the oline lets folks thru the qb gets hurt, thus needs wheels

purdy co second, he has somewhat a arm and legs..

Iowa qb 3rd, redshirt but ready for action

hh play another position that gives him shot at nfl, but could come in if the rest go down

is tores still at NU?

Last edited:
since some have been written off, this is what I want...

mccord first, as we have seen a Satterfield offense needs arm..

leavitt co second, as we have seen if the oline lets folks thru the qb gets hurt, thus needs wheels

purdy co second, he has somewhat a arm and legs..

Iowa qb 3rd, redshirt but ready for action

hh play another position that gives him shot at nfl, but could come in if the rest go down

is tores still at NU?
Iowa QB? If you're talking about Alex Manske, he's a 2025 recruit.

Howard first. He’s a winner, he’s tough as nails, possesses an iron will that seems to permeate the entire team. Cares about winning. A lot.

McCord second I guess. No doubt talented but it’s a hard transition from the A-team to something other than. I wonder how he’d deal. Maybe he’ll grow a chip on his shoulder, maybe he’ll fold.

Everyone else is kind of the same IMO. Hard to know much about them. Statistically speaking a huge majority of portal QBs do nothing.

Van dyke sucks. A stay away.

Last edited:
Howard first. He’s a winner, he’s tough as nails, possesses an iron will that seems to permeate the entire team. Cares about winning. A lot.

McCord second I guess. No doubt talented but it’s a hard transition from the A-team to something other than. I wonder how he’d deal. Maybe he’ll grow a chip on his shoulder, maybe he’ll fold.

Everyone else is kind of the same IMO. Hard to know much about them.

Van dyke sucks. A stay away.
Honestly, I'd love to have McCord. But, like you said, he's looking for somewhere to prove he's good enough to start at a nationally competitive school. Nebraska ain't it. We're not going to have the O-line that OSU has. Is he going to handle the extra pressure? Is he going to be able to take the extra hits? Maybe in a couple of years we'll have that O-line where we can plug an elite QB in there. For now, we just need someone to manage the game and can give our run game a passing compliment that Satterfield so desperately wants. That and give time for Kaelin to develop.

Honestly, I'd love to have McCord. But, like you said, he's looking for somewhere to prove he's good enough to start at a nationally competitive school. Nebraska ain't it. We're not going to have the O-line that OSU has. Is he going to handle the extra pressure? Is he going to be able to take the extra hits? Maybe in a couple of years we'll have that O-line where we can plug an elite QB in there. For now, we just need someone to manage the game and can give our run game a passing compliment that Satterfield so desperately wants. That and give time for Kaelin to develop.
I respectfully disagree. This theory that "we just someone to manage the game and give our run game a passing compliment."

What better way to open our "Run Game" than having a passing threat? Instead of this "game manager" bull shit. <- Sorry for cussing, but I literally could not think of what else to put there, because that is exactly what it is.

McCord went 11-1 and his jock strap would of started for Nebraska this year. You can hype up any other QB game managers you want, but at the end of the day the stats don't lie so I'm gonna post it again

ZomboMeme_10122023071217.jpg

Iowa QB? If you're talking about Alex Manske, he's a 2025 recruit.
oops I meant the belveiw west guy who went to miss..

so update

1. raolia
1. mccord
3. purdy
4. missou flip
5. hh just incase

leavitt is going to asu

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT