ADVERTISEMENT

OT: tipping...

Just admit when you're wrong

Tampa said FOOD in general seemed cheaper and better quality in France. I said Japan was the same and Charlie agreed with Korea as well

You're not being unAmerican if you admit our food can be overpriced.
Correct.. even in Paris we would wander in random cafes and their savory crepes were like $5 and really high quality. In the south of France you could get a high- quality three course meal for $15 - I’m talking bone marrow as an app, beef tartar as main, and a dessert. Wine was also like $7 a bottle or $2.5 a glass and very excellent - and no tipping! Service was just as good as in the states.

Correct.. even in Paris we would wander in random cafes and their savory crepes were like $5 and really high quality. In the south of France you could get a high- quality three course meal for $15 - I’m talking bone marrow as an app, beef tartar as main, and a dessert. Wine was also like $7 a bottle or $2.5 a glass and very excellent - and no tipping! Service was just as good as in the states.
Good to know.

I could go on and on about similar prices for meals in Japan. But nothing is more Japanese than vending machines so I'll use that
A bottle of Coke IN Disney Sea from a vending machine? 200 yen. Like a buck fifty maybe.
A beer in a hotel vending machine? About 260 yen. So maybe $2. For a beer. In a hotel vending machine.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Just admit when you're wrong

Tampa said FOOD in general seemed cheaper and better quality in France. I said Japan was the same and Charlie agreed with Korea as well

You're not being unAmerican if you admit our food can be overpriced.
It’s been 20 years since my last trip abroad and at least then it was neither better nor cheaper in Europe at that time. The exchange rate is a much bigger factor than you want to admit. I’m happy for you if you’ve found cheaper better food in another country.

Last edited:
That actually happened to me.. I ordered a pizza to go from a local pizza place and they told me there is a 10% tip added.. can’t be removed
Well if it can't be removed then what's the difference from just increasing the pizza price by the same amount? The only difference IMO is that they're trying to fool you with complicated pricing add-on tricks. It's like airlines or the phone companies adding all those hidden "extras" to your bill so they can advertise a lower price that nobody ever gets.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Speaking of delivery charges - My mother ordered a container of ice cream from Schwan's about a month ago. When she went to open the container the foil seal under the lid had been broken into and a large scoop of ice cream had been taken out of it. She contacted the company and they said they were very sorry and would send a replacement container, but they would have to charge her a $3.99 delivery fee for the replacement container.

• Wow
Reactions: TFrazier
Dude that’s what ordering from door dash looks like. You have your total and then go to final pay page, and it doubles from all the fees

Or buying concert tickets from Ticketmaster.

I have never ordered from Door Dash but I am not in the consumer demographic that they cater to.

Or buying concert tickets from Ticketmaster.

I have never ordered from Door Dash but I am not in the consumer demographic that they cater to.
Someone explain DoorDash to me. Are people too lazy to go pick up their own food?

Reactions: TFrazier
Speaking of delivery charges - My mother ordered a container of ice cream from Schwan's about a month ago. When she went to open the container the foil seal under the lid had been broken into and a large scoop of ice cream had been taken out of it. She contacted the company and they said they were very sorry and would send a replacement container, but they would have to charge her a $3.99 delivery fee for the replacement container.
Had she told them she was contacting the local Health Department, she would gotten one free of charge.

Reactions: drubendall
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT