ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Snowblowers

get an electric.. unless you plan on doing major snow removal for more than one house, i would not invest in one with a gas motor. I got rid of an old motorized one and got an electric when i lived there, and it was super easy to start, lol, and reliable.. the electrical cord was a bit of a pain, but it was totally worth having over the gas one I had.

eca707ef-4db2-4ac9-9bde-3325ee8968e4_1.bac76fb6dafcd77ec8fbc9cdf40767cb.jpeg

get an electric.. unless you plan on doing major snow removal for more than one house, i would not invest in one with a gas motor. I got rid of an old motorized one and got an electric when i lived there, and it was super easy to start, lol, and reliable.. the electrical cord was a bit of a pain, but it was totally worth having over the gas one I had.
The problem with small engine reliability is that most people don't winterize their equipment. Electric will take away the headaches of having to winterize if thats the route you take.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
The problem with small engine reliability is that most people don't winterize their equipment. Electric will take away the headaches of having to winterize if thats the route you take.
agreed.. i bought an old used one, put stabilizer in the gas.. the prob was the little fuel bulb primer had gone bad.. so if you're handy, there is nothing wrong with engines, I just took a chance on an electric, and loved using it. There were a couple of times I had to do the driveway twice (every 5-6 inches) but you would have to do that with a single stage too. The one I had worked great for what it was. Greenworks plug in snowblower from maybe 2015.

Reactions: barney44
My son does the snow blowing for one of my co-workers and get's paid really well.... using MY snowblowers! LOL, it gets him off his ass once in awhile!

I got to use my dad's shovel, and blower, but I had to keep our own walks and drive cleared as rental payment.

It taught me the value of hard work. I always had a pocket with money from mowing lawns (same rental arrangement), raking leaves, often listening to the Nebraska game, and of course snow removal.

Reactions: mgbreis
agreed.. i bought an old used one, put stabilizer in the gas.. the prob was the little fuel bulb primer had gone bad.. so if you're handy, there is nothing wrong with engines, I just took a chance on an electric, and loved using it. There were a couple of times I had to do the driveway twice (every 5-6 inches) but you would have to do that with a single stage too. The one I had worked great for what it was. Greenworks plug in snowblower from maybe 2015.
I'd like to have an electric but the snow likes to drift up over my driveway so I'm not sure how that would work out.

My neighbor has one of these that he uses for 2-3 inches of snow. Not sure it works better or faster than my shop broom, but maybe I'm underestimating it.
Hell, I break out the leaf blower on the light stuff and for the cars. It works great as long as it's not windy..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT