ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Batman vs Superman

I left out Evil Knievel.
My favorite superhero is Evil Knievel.
Then comes Scooby Doo and Iron Man.

This could of been so much better...
The story drug especially in the middle.
Jesse Isenberg tried to do a ledger and didn't pull it off.
Actually every character fell short imo.

I saw it today and it was meh. Marvel has got it down to a science with the Avengers. Good acting, good writing and plots that make sense. This movie felts like it wanted to jam multiple stories into one setting and use familiar themes from some of the graphic novels to get the point across. I thought the Lex Luthor character was horribly miscast and using the Frank Miller Batman, meaning an older Batman fighting Superman, cheapens the potential of the future movies. I'm not saying that the acting was bad, it was just not the right idea for the series.

Another thing I was thinking is that what sets Marvel apart from DC is that they use all of their platforms to weave the story. What happens on the big screen is tied in with the television shows and even the cartoons. They have synergy. DC has successful shows on CW with "Arrow" "The Flash" "Supergirl" and "Legends of Tomorrow" but, perhaps for legal reasons, will not integrate those shows into the movies.

In any event, it was an ok day to spend a few hours with my son but, yeah, I'd recommend video on this.

If the critics don't like it....it's probably pretty good. I don't really go to theatres much anymore, but looking forward to it when it comes out on dvd/amazon.

It's a superhero movie.....just enjoy it for what it is.

On the contrary, I find more and more that I look for the movies that the critics have endorsed. I am rarely disappointed in the movies that the critics liked, because the ratings are an average of many different critics. The ones that I generally stay away from are the ones that have a high viewer rating and low critic rating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT