ADVERTISEMENT

Online sports book. Over/Under set at 5.5 wins

Well, you already said "any" horrible results for five years would be just fine with the NU. But anyways.....let's just agree to disagree. Fair enough?
I didn't say it would be "just fine" with NU, but Frost will be given 5 years easy even if he has the exact same results as Callahan or Riley. Sure we can agree to disagree on that.

But answer this please. Why did you say, "I sure hope our fans can hang tough for awhile." ? You honestly believe fans will want Frost gone within his first 2-3 years?

Really don't understand the trajectory of the comments here. Frost hasn't coached a down of real football and some are debating whether his results will be shite. Followed by, if so, should he get 5 years?
NU's last three recruiting classes have been 24, 20 and 21. Over the last four classes, only tOSU and Michigan have out recruited NU. On offense, the most recent recruiting class included an infusion of good skill talent. We have more than enough talent to compete with most of the teams on our schedule.
I submit that the coaching staff during Riley's tenure ranged from good (Dubs) to pretty damn mediocre (take your pick). NU swapped a culture of "us against the world" to a culture of "good enough". This permeated the entirety of the program. The wheels were loose well before the season started, evidenced by the Arky St game, then the wheels fell off against Northern Ill. NU swapped the Riley staff for a group that accomplished an amazing turnaround of a FB program. These are people who are serious about developing talent. The new staff features offensive and defensive systems that are accessible to players and will be fun for the players.
NU has sufficient talent and a quality coaching staff. I'm excited.

I didn't say it would be "just fine" with NU, but Frost will be given 5 years easy even if he has the exact same results as Callahan or Riley. Sure we can agree to disagree on that.

But answer this please. Why did you say, "I sure hope our fans can hang tough for awhile." ? You honestly believe fans will want Frost gone within his first 2-3 years?

Ok, at your request.

My main concern is year one for HCSF. The combination of a brutal schedule "and" trying to immediately toughen our players from two losing seasons in the past three years.......well, it may not be easy even for our excellent HC & staff. "If" it's rough sledding I hope most of our fans will ride with it.

You claim even five consecutive losing seasons would be fine. I very highly doubt that. But luckily for us both that's extremely unlikely to happen. So.....so what?

@bshirt73 Thank you for clarifying. I'm pretty certain fans can "hang tough" for at least 1 season. Not sure what gives you the indication that the Nebraska fans wouldn't ride through if the 2018 season is a flop?

You said, "You claim even five consecutive losing seasons would be fine." - No I did not claim that. Quit using hyperbole when trying to make a point. It's dishonest. I did claim;
Frost could have the exact same results as Riley his first 3 years and he'd easily be given a 4th.
Which absolutely true. So let's use Riley's real numbers. If Frost does the following;
Year 1: Win 6 games
Year 2: Win 9 games
Year 3: Win 4 games
Frost gets a 4th year.

Take Callahan's real numbers. If Frost does the following;
Year 1: Win 5 games
Year 2: Win 8 games
Year 3: Win 9 games
Year 4: Win 5 games
Frost gets a 5th year.

Last edited:
@bshirt73 Thank you for clarifying. I'm pretty certain fans can "hang tough" for at least 1 season. Not sure what gives you the indication that the Nebraska fans wouldn't ride through if the 2018 season is a flop?

You said, "You claim even five consecutive losing seasons would be fine." - No I did not claim that. Quit using hyperbole when trying to make a point. It's dishonest. I did claim;
Which absolutely true. So let's use Riley's real numbers. If Frost does the following;
Year 1: Win 6 games
Year 2: Win 9 games
Year 3: Win 4 games
Frost gets a 4th year.

Take Callahan's real numbers. If Frost does the following;
Year 1: Win 5 games
Year 2: Win 8 games
Year 3: Win 9 games
Year 4: Win 5 games
Frost gets a 5th year.

Yes, you didn't say "fine" .....you DID say......

Oh. Husker fans will give Frost at least 5 years regardless of how good or bad he does.

Anyways, we're just arguing semantics.....if "any" NU HC has five horrible years in a row.....well, odds are overwhelming that we don't have to worry about it. Enough.

Yes, you didn't say "fine" .....you DID say......

Oh. Husker fans will give Frost at least 5 years regardless of how good or bad he does.

Anyways, we're just arguing semantics.....if "any" NU HC has five horrible years in a row.....well, odds are overwhelming that we don't have to worry about it. Enough.
Cripes. Like I said, stop using drastic scenarios. It's dishonest and makes you look silly.

If you're going to respond, respond to what I said if Frost were to only accomplish Callahan's or Riley's record. Also quit acting like Husker fans are going to turn on Frost within his first 2 seasons. Frost will be given a longer leash by Husker fans than any coach 20 years prior to him.

Reactions: SOHusker11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT