ADVERTISEMENT

Omar Manning?

Most of our receivers can work hard and follow the rules but it's hard to compete with a dude that looks like that. Sounds like he's a diva receiver. Hopefully he can back it up. He could be an all time great and get in the league if he puts together an impressive season.

giphy.gif

put him out there and throw it to him!

Most of our receivers can work hard and follow the rules but it's hard to compete with a dude that looks like that. Sounds like he's a diva receiver. Hopefully he can back it up. He could be an all time great and get in the league if he puts together an impressive season.
Well the diva part would mean he at least has one part that most elite WR’s have.

So one scholly guy and three walk-ons leading the receiving group. Am I the only one really concerned about our ability to get play makers in the program and actually get them to produce? I mean we’re an offense driven team, we should be thriving in the receiver position.

I am alittle concerned, yes. However, I am not sure you are interpreting that correct. While Liewer has been mentioned, I'm not sure there is any indication he is ahead of guys like Alante Brown, Zavier Betts, etc. Plus Manning is back practicing. If he is better than that group, more power to him.

Can't wait to see an actual depth chart.

So one scholly guy and three walk-ons leading the receiving group. Am I the only one really concerned about our ability to get play makers in the program and actually get them to produce? I mean we’re an offense driven team, we should be thriving in the receiver position.
I know who isn't concerned about it...OSU

I'm not worried about that honestly. We've always been able to get good walk-on receivers to come to Nebraska, and a few of them have better size than our scholarship players. If they can block well, know their routes, and make a bigger target for the qb, that would be a huge upgrade over what we had last year.

I'm not worried about that honestly. We've always been able to get good walk-on receivers to come to Nebraska, and a few of them have better size than our scholarship players. If they can block well, know their routes, and make a bigger target for the qb, that would be a huge upgrade over what we had last year.
Wyatt Liewer seems to be getting a lot of love from the coaches and players, plus he made a great catch despite getting crushed in one of those hype videos.

I don't know much about the kid, but he's 6'3" and was the 2018 Scout Team Offensive MVP, so maybe he can develop into something special going into his third year with the program.

My apologies if this has been discussed, but with so much secrecy, it seems, around Manning's health, is it possible that he has or had covid?

I don’t really get the playbook stuff. Put Betts and Manning on the outside, have them run straight every play, and throw it up to them when they’re single covered.

The rest of the plays will come, but that shouldn’t keep them off the field game 1.

And yes, I do think it’s okay to treat them differently than the rest of the WRs.

It’s all over Twitter right now, Omar Manning has been practicing all week and looking good. I’m glad the rumor mill AGAIN was wrong. Imagine that, same thing about Marcus Fleming....

That very good news but let’s not dismiss that he does has some anxiety depression which is not be widely published..

Hope he is the field making plays for us this fall..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT