ADVERTISEMENT

Omar Manning?

HuskerLove1

Sophomore
Sep 22, 2018
THIS IS NOT A RUMOR POST.

Not that I got that out of the way, sounds like a few different people have reported that Manning either isn't currently practicing or hasn't been at practice lately. There's also a long thread about him on the paid site but of course I can't read it.

Anyone with some knowledge care to share with the rest of us?

Not that I got that out of the way, sounds like a few different people have reported that Manning either isn't currently practicing or hasn't been at practice lately. There's also a long thread about him on the paid site but of course I can't read it.

Matt Lubick has said recently he's dealing with some nagging injuries. With 3 weeks still left to play, my guess is he's sitting out to get his body right.

Omar tweaked his ankle last week. He's been limited. The other rumors about him not practicing are a ridiculous fabrication made up by a poster who used to be an insider, but now has an agenda because Frost denied his practice access back in 2018.

Omar tweaked his ankle last week. He's been limited. The other rumors about him not practicing are a ridiculous fabrication made up by a poster who used to be an insider, but now has an agenda because Frost denied his practice access back in 2018.
Good to know. Everything I have ever seen out of Manning is that he's chomping at the bit to get started here, which is why none of the 'rumors' listed made sense.

Reactions: bluenrg
Good to know. Everything I have ever seen out of Manning is that he's chomping at the bit to get started here, which is why none of the 'rumors' listed made sense.
Little known fact that I recently learned. It’s actually “champing at the bit” but over time, people have adopted “chomping” because “champing” is not a common word.
Just thought I’d share this interesting bit of news.

reading this thread....

giphy.gif

Little known fact that I recently learned. It’s actually “champing at the bit” but over time, people have adopted “chomping” because “champing” is not a common word.

Wasn’t this from Seinfeld?

Reactions: ATX Husker
I learn something every day.

I could care less. ;)
Irregardless, it’s interesting to learn more about how the words & phrases we currently use have changed over time. Even tho you could care less, your still a good guy.

As far as the Omar situation, its good too here that he’s defiantly on campus but it sucks that he’s injured. Hope he heels fast & well. There our a lot of people counting on him. ;)

Dang...that hurt my brain typing that.

I don't know Omar's situation but from what I've read he has some kind of nagging foot injury. Doesn't sound like a season ending type injury though so hopefully he can be healed up and ready to go in 3 weeks.

Which one Corn. I haven't been over there since last season.

Reactions: Huskerpro
Who ever this guys is, has people riled up on twitter. Seems like our version of Sir Yacht, hope he's wrong.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Who ever this guys is, has people riled up on twitter. Seems like our version of Sir Yacht, hope he's wrong.

hes on my friends list on Twitter. He’s definitely going to take this info and run it into the dirt. For some reason he’s not high on Manning and thinks he will be a bust. He’s got great info and stuff but when it comes to Manning, he’s probably taking the false info and running with it hard.

But then again, who really knows at this point. Plus side for Manning is, if he does go down for the year, this season won’t count against his eligibility. We will still get him for 2 years.

Reactions: headcard
hope Manning is available but

coach Frost has recruited 15 WRs including 6 - 4 stars + inherited a 2017 all big ten freshman WR and freshman all american

we should be absolutely loaded at this position - Manning would be nice this year but certainly shouldn't be necessary

well, I have to give it to him, he made a side ways (almost backwards) type of attempt to be positive about the Huskers. But the funny part is, he did while trying to kick the Huskers as well. The mans a 1 of a kind. If he’s indeed a legit Husker fan, he’s the first one ever to hate on anything and all things Huskers, all the while being a Husker fan himself. That takes a rare talent to pull that off, lol.

hes on my friends list on Twitter. He’s definitely going to take this info and run it into the dirt. For some reason he’s not high on Manning and thinks he will be a bust. He’s got great info and stuff but when it comes to Manning, he’s probably taking the false info and running with it hard.

But then again, who really knows at this point. Plus side for Manning is, if he does go down for the year, this season won’t count against his eligibility. We will still get him for 2 years.

Javin Wright and Braxton Clark are the only two Huskers with serious injuries.

Omar Manning is dealing with an ankle sprain.

well, I have to give it to him, he made a side ways (almost backwards) type of attempt to be positive about the Huskers. But the funny part is, he did while trying to kick the Huskers as well. The mans a 1 of a kind. If he’s indeed a legit Husker fan, he’s the first one ever to hate on anything and all things Huskers, all the while being a Husker fan himself. That takes a rare talent to pull that off, lol.
That's his shtick.

"Any coach that fails to turn a 4-star into the #1 overall pick should be fired right away. But lucky for us Scott Frost is from Wood River and is the greatest coach ever, so there is no way he would fail to do that"

"Nick Saban won 3 National Championships his first 6 years at Alabama. We should expect 2 national champions the next 4 years, because there is no way Nebraska would settle for a coach that isn't even half as good as Nick Saban."

-jib321 (probably)

Last edited:
That's his shtick.

"Any coach that fails to turn a 4-star into the #1 overall pick should be fired right away. But lucky for us Scott Frost is from Wood River and is the greatest coach ever, so there is no way he would fail to do that"

"Nick Saban won 3 National Championships his first 6 years at Alabama. We should expect 2 national champions the next 4 years, because there is no way Nebraska would settle for a coach that isn't even half as good as Nick Saban."

talk about moronic takes at its best. Just because Nick Saban turned Alabama fast, so should Frost with the Huskers?

For one, Saban took over a blue blood team that had plenty of talent in place for a quick turn around.

Two, Alabama is in the recruiting hot beds of the SEC country, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama and so on....all he needed to do was a win some games with the talent already on roster and the rest was easy going to keep the talent flowing.

hope Manning is available but

coach Frost has recruited 15 WRs including 6 - 4 stars + inherited a 2017 all big ten freshman WR and freshman all american

we should be absolutely loaded at this position - Manning would be nice this year but certainly shouldn't be necessary

You know what.. I’m going to count that as a positive from you. Good job 👍

talk about moronic takes at its best. Just because Nick Saban turned Alabama fast, so should Frost with the Huskers?

For one, Saban took over a blue blood team that had plenty of talent in place for a quick turn around.

Two, Alabama is in the recruiting hot beds of the SEC country, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama and so on....all he needed to do was a win some games with the talent already on roster and the rest was easy going to keep the talent flowing.

He didn't actually say either of those, those are just the type of assinine things he does say. He has compared Frost first years to guys like Saban,everal times, but I was just making up that tongue in cheek.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SWIowahawks
as above - Frost has recruited 6 4* star WRs since his arrival

during this same time frame the entire big ten west combined to recruit a total of 6 4* WRs

this along with a freshman all american QB in his 3rd year -- we should expect to win this division starting now -- something seriously wrong if we aren't at the top

as above - Frost has recruited 6 4* star WRs since his arrival

during this same time frame the entire big ten west combined to recruit a total of 6 4* WRs

this along with a freshman all american QB in his 3rd year -- we should expect to win this division starting now -- something seriously wrong if we aren't at the top

Frost has only signed 5 Four Stars WRs, and 3 of them just arrived on campus this past summer. One of them, Wandale, is already one of the top receivers in the conference. The fifth, Jamie Nance, has electric speed - 10.5 hundred speed, but he was always going to be a 2 to 3 project due to never lifting in high school and showing up at 160lbs.

And when Frost arrived at Nebraska, the offensive line, defensive line depth, and linebacker corps were among the worst units in the Big Ten.

Frost has only signed 5 Four Stars WRs, and 3 of them just arrived on campus this past summer. One of them, Wandale, is already one of the top receivers in the conference. The fifth, Jamie Nance, has electric speed - 10.5 hundred speed, but he was always going to be a 2 to 3 project due to never lifting in high school and showing up at 160lbs.

And when Frost arrived at Nebraska, the offensive line, defensive line depth, and linebacker corps were among the worst units in the Big Ten.

Dominick Watt - 1
Nance - 2
Robinson - 3
Betts - 4
Manning - 5
Fleming - 6

2018 class
2019 class
2020 class

let's go!!! -- win the division -- it's not a talent issue ( all 3 of our def lineman from last year are in the nfl)

Last edited:
Watt went juco at the last minute. That seems to be the difference. I don't think he signed an LOI with NU

ADVERTISEMENT