Omar Manning?

I don’t think so. I would guess more like:

WR:
Fleck, Hickman, Betts

WR:
Warner, Brown, Nance

Duck-R:
Robinson, Fleming, Houston

While guys like Brown and Fleming may not be out there the first snap, they will be hard to keep off the field and should get a lot of touches.
Houston is a 4.3 40 guy. I wanna see this guy play. I watched his hudl video's when he was in HS before he decommited from Texass, and this kid is lightning in a bottle and explosive! What's been holding him down has been the playbook amoung other things.

I love the idea of what they're gonna use Hickman for in the Duck! His size alone in that position creates a hugely glaring mismatch in not only in the passing game, but as a devestating peice in the run game as a blocker wasting LB'S in the process!

Reactions: leodisflowers
WR is going to be a serious concern again this year.

I believe it’s to premature to determine if WR room is going to be a concern...

A lot of Freshman and redshirt Freshman haven’t even had a chance to contribute yet, I would at least like to see them play a couple of games to see were we are with or without Manning and other than Warner and Robinson that have taken meaningful snaps in games with Nebraska..

A lot of Freshman and redshirt Freshman haven’t even had a chance to contribute yet, I would at least like to see them play a couple of games to see were we are with or without Manning and other than Warner and Robinson that have taken meaningful snaps in games with Nebraska..

Yeah I agree here. I'll wait until I see the product, but we could have some decent players here.

Wandale - Sounds like he could be a little nicked up, but we know what we have here
Alante - I feel like this dude could be a gamebreaker for us
Nance - Great talent, now let's see it get on the field
Fleming - Speed
Peanut - Someone mentioned above, go look at his HS film. Could be one we are doubting that produces.
Betts - Sounds like he has shown some flashes, just needs to learn the playbook. Great size
Kade - Great hands, will be a dude to just get some key first downs
Hickman - Great size
Oliver Martin - Highly touted at one point, let's wee what Frost can do
Falck - Have heard he is looking decent and may be another Warner type

A lot of that is unproven talent, but I like the potential of a few of these guys. I also think with an improved stable of RB's and a better O-Line we are going to see our receivers are going to be open a lot.

Our offense needs a guy that can spread the field. Without that, we are going to see the same issues as last year. Teams will pack it in and force us to go deep. If it’s not Manning, someone else needs to step it up. Morgan and Kenny Bell weren’t the extremely tall or big but they kept defenses on their toes. Having said that, we have like 8 unproven dudes, a few of them need to grow up fast.

In the new updated roster I see that Brody Belt is listed as a WR. I am sure he is playing duck-r. Could be a good indication about our RB room depth or a bad reflection on the depth at Duck-r. (Probably a little bit of both.)

Reactions: HominidHusker

Hope you’re right but sounds as if Wandale got banged up a bit during the scrimmage and unless Hickman emerges I’m not seeing a big bodied WR that’s going to scare any defense. Betts may be a year or two away.

Your right of course, but there's nothing going on so we have to have something to talk about.

Hope you’re right but sounds as if Wandale got banged up a bit during the scrimmage

I hope it's okay to just take part of this quote but I think it gets right to why Brody Belt playing Duck-r is a good move. Belt at his size is probably best suited for duck-r and I think it will be an easy transition for him as he knows the offense. It doesn't answer the big WR question but depth at duck-r is good.

Media is interviewing HCSF today and the status of Manning is likely to be one of the first questions he's asked.

From the article on the front page, Frost made it clear Omar Manning has been practicing and looked great. But said he’s missed some practices being dinged up. He hasn’t been 100% this whole time and it’s slowed him down some. But no, he’s not out the door and he will play some this season. It’s just not going to be like some of us hoped he would initially.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
Nebraska head coach Scott Frost spoke with media on Tuesday and said that a number of the players expected to be big contributors at the position have missed time during recent practices.

That includes junior college transfer Omar Manning, who has missed practices because of nagging injuries and what Frost previously called “personal reasons.”

“I think that’s still a work in progress right now,” Frost said of Manning. “When Omar has been out there, he has looked really good. He’s been dealing with some health things that have kind of kept him in and out. We need him out there more consistently if he’s going to help us the way we expect him to and hope that he will. Kind of the same, Wan’Dale has been there, for the most part, has been nicked up a bit. Alante Brown has been out there and nicked up a little bit. Kade Warner has been pretty consistent, has been good to see. We’ve had some other guys step up.”

Frost was asked if he expected Manning, the No. 1 junior college wide receiver in the country, to be available against Ohio State, he implied that was up in the air.

“I hope so,” he said.

"i hope so" is coach speak for no.

....or it means exactly what it looks like. Still up on the air and could play....🤷🏽

I try hard no to assume on these coaches. Regardless if he plays against OSU or not, it appears he’s not opting out and he’s not leaving. His development has been slowed down from missed practices.

it sounds like Wandale Robinson, Alante Brown and Omar Manning have all been dinged up lately.

....or it means exactly what it looks like. Still up on the air and could play....🤷🏽

I try hard no to assume on these coaches. Regardless if he plays against OSU or not, it appears he’s not opting out and he’s not leaving. His development has been slowed down from missed practices.

it sounds like Wandale Robinson, Alante Brown and Omar Manning have all been dinged up lately.

There are some underlying issues here that you are just ignoring. Yes, he may be banged up a little physically but there is some mental stuff here as well and it is well known. You may need to take the blinders off for a few seconds.

I hope so...

It means the staff already sat him down and told him EXACTLY what they expect. Now...it is one of three things

Kid either leaves right away (He did not)
Kid buys in for a few days/weeks until he gets tired of it and leaves
Kid buys in 100%

There are some underlying issues here that you are just ignoring. Yes, he may be banged up a little physically but there is some mental stuff here as well and it is well known. You may need to take the blinders off for a few seconds.

in all honesty, I’m not ignoring anything my man. I’m just going off of what Scott Frost and the coaching staff have said and ignoring message board rumors and Twitter speculations. Sorry bro, it’s nothing to do with “taking the blinders off” when all the BS being said is the rumor mill via our fans on message board and Twitter...just saying.

We all know you have to take that crap with a grain of salt. The rumor mill via fans are RARELY correct. Remember, Marcus Fleming not to long ago was GONE...via the rumor mill via our fans. That ended up being very very wrong. All he did was go home for a visit before practices went 100%.

It’s sounding like he has depression issues he is battling as well as being dinged up. So no, I get it. My only point is he isn’t leaving our Huskers program and the sounds of it, he’s not even opting out of the 2020 season. This season, he may not play a whole lot while he gets things in order. But we will see him some, that part I’m sure of.

Last edited:
I hope so...

It means the staff already sat him down and told him EXACTLY what they expect. Now...it is one of three things

Kid either leaves right away (He did not)
Kid buys in for a few days/weeks until he gets tired of it and leaves
Kid buys in 100%

you sir, nailed it...that’s what I’m seeing and guessing as well....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT