ADVERTISEMENT

Oline analysis

Anticipation Popcorn GIF
so ridiculous.

I apologize to everyone on this board for @dinglefritz's behavior.

it's beyond embarrassing. the guy comes unglued when he's wrong.

most of us just want to talk Nebraska Football and celebrate the Ws we're finally putting up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
Kakdawg mentioned Teddy scared him based on what he has seen? Is he not looking good with what snaps he has had this year?
what derogatory names do I call our OL coach?

certainly don't constantly accuse him of having serious mental disorders (which are no laughing matter) in between threatening him with physical violence.

only absolute loon at the end of his rope with nothing intelligent to say would do those things.
That’s funny. I didn’t mention anybody’s name. The description hits a little too close to home for your liking I take it. 😉

He has only brought in one 4 star & the rest 3 stars in his less than 2 recruiting cycles. Still too early to tell what happens with them but on paper they look pretty good. Average rating over the last cycle per 247 Sports of 87.40.

Chris Wiesehan, on the other hand, has never recruited a 4 star, according to 247 Sports. His OL recruits over the last cycle averaged 82.97.

Wiesehan has more experience than Raiola and most of his OL recruits come from the Philadelphia PA region.

I'm not saying Raiola is better than Wiesehan but I think it's way too early to say he hasn't recruited that well. I believe Raiola is also credited for bringing Ben Scott from AZ St. That doesn't get included in his recruiting numbers.
During his time as GT’s tight end coach they had one of the worst O line’s in college football. COVID recruiting might account for some of that but his career trend seems to be drifting downward at worst and maybe laterally at best.

During his time as GT’s tight end coach they had one of the worst O line’s in college football. COVID recruiting might account for some of that but his career trend seems to be drifting downward at worst and maybe laterally at best.
how were their tight ends?

you know, the position he was responsible for

And now? Still the default qb despite both being healthy?

Staff doesn’t mind making changes when they’re warranted. Why no change?
The only change the staff made was due to injuries at the time. Would they have made the change if Sims wasn't injured? They stuck with HH when Sims got healthy because thing were working, not pretty, but working win wise. If lady luck is smiling on you, don't take any chances.

The only change the staff made was due to injuries at the time. Would they have made the change if Sims wasn't injured? They stuck with HH when Sims got healthy because thing were working, not pretty, but working win wise. If lady luck is smiling on you, don't take any chances.
they benched grant

had nothing to do with injuries

I don't ignore those things. HH has a long way to go with regards to development. the physical and mental tools are there. kid's played 5 games 3 years after playing C1 ball and being an afterthought for our loser previous regime.

I do wonder why you posted this in response to an OL statement, but it's noted nonetheless.
I guess I didn’t want to go too far back in the thread to respond. But since you asked, when you say really goofy fanboy things about HH it’s hard to take the incredibly negative vitriolic things you say about Raiola seriously.
HH is as good as we have, but he has significant limitations. The OL as good as we have, but has significant limitations, and it’s hard to know how much of that is Raiola’s doing.

the incredibly negative vitriolic things you say about Raiola seriously.
all I say about nepo donnie is he's criminally under qualified to be the OL coach at a blue blood program and he'd never recruited a day in his life prior to arriving here after being hired by the single worst head coach in Nebraska Football history.

those are all facts.

we're throwing 21 passes/game. only 4 teams in the country attempt fewer passes/game.

yet, we rank 107th in the nation in sack rate (8.59%).

Haarberg's got a long way to go with his accuracy. this crap OL is not helping.

What happens next year. Presumably Corcoran is back. Piper's injury may be career ending, Does Scott come back for his Covid year or try the NFL? Nouili is done. Benhart will likely enter the draft. So next year we could be looking at Teddy P. JEJ or TBD, Scott or JEJ, Luto and Corcoran. Do any of the young ones insert themselves into the discussion? Line will be better, but far from elite.

Reactions: BleedRed78
What happens next year. Presumably Corcoran is back. Piper's injury may be career ending, Does Scott come back for his Covid year or try the NFL? Nouili is done. Benhart will likely enter the draft. So next year we could be looking at Teddy P. JEJ or TBD, Scott or JEJ, Luto and Corcoran. Do any of the young ones insert themselves into the discussion? Line will be better, but far from elite.

I hope Benhart comes back.

LT: Portal McPortalson (or Teddy P if we can't land a portal guy)
LG: Corcoran
C: Scott
RG: JEJ (or Piper if healthy)
RT: Benhart

yuck

this line will send everybody's imaginary portal QB to the emergency room

I'd be curious if Corcoran comes back. He takes a lot of abuse from the fans and they are recruiting over him. I've got a feeling some of these young bucks are going to be good.

Reactions: headcard
I'd be curious if Corcoran comes back. He takes a lot of abuse from the fans and they are recruiting over him. I've got a feeling some of these young bucks are going to be good.

It will be very interesting to see who comes back. I believe we need Benhart and Scott back.

Who do you think they are recruiting over Corcoran with? Not many True Freshman OL play and we haven't sent out many portal or JUCO offers yet.

Reactions: dinglefritz
It will be very interesting to see who comes back. I believe we need Benhart and Scott back.

Who do you think they are recruiting over Corcoran with? Not many True Freshman OL play and we haven't sent out many portal or JUCO offers yet.
I think last years class for sure with Sledge, GG, etc. This year with Pyle and the others. I personally think Corcoran is out of position and should be a guard like you listed, but he also just seems to not be a very good player. He is beaten down mentally I think and I just don't see it turning around, but probably 100% wrong. I like Rhule getting all of the lineman able to play a lot of spots and as we rebuild if guys like Corc aren't cutting it they just need to let him move on. I think the exact opposite can be said about Benhart. He actually looks like he gives a shit and although not great still he has made a massive jump from where he was. He's serviceable at least as we rebuild.

it's the Rhule process

retain the OL coach and micromanage him for a year then bring in someone he knows well

has done it at 100% of his college coaching gigs

why would we want to keep someone with zero experience who was hired by the worst coach in NU history?

nepotism donnie is the final piece of the frost purge. has to be done. there's no other way.

he'll go back to getting coffee for actual coaches and we'll be much better off with someone who knows what he's doing on the field and on the recruiting trail.

• Love
Reactions: bomber89
Damn. Have you not watched Heinrich try to pass the ball? How many more batted down passes and INTs is it going to take for you to realize the silliness of your position? As evidenced by the depth chart at the end of fall camp, there isn’t a large gap between Heinrich and Purdy in the minds of the guys who coach them. Heinrich has been the healthiest.
I'm surprised they don't roll HH out more. Would reduce batted down passes, give him the scramble option, and I think dragging a TE or WR across with him would be killer.

I'm surprised they don't roll HH out more. Would reduce batted down passes, give him the scramble option, and I think dragging a TE or WR across with him would be killer.
We’re already forced to max protect with 7 on every pass and still rank outside the top 100 in sack rate

Now you want this crap OL to attempt to move the pocket?

He has only brought in one 4 star & the rest 3 stars in his less than 2 recruiting cycles. Still too early to tell what happens with them but on paper they look pretty good. Average rating over the last cycle per 247 Sports of 87.40.

Chris Wiesehan, on the other hand, has never recruited a 4 star, according to 247 Sports. His OL recruits over the last cycle averaged 82.97.

Wiesehan has more experience than Raiola and most of his OL recruits come from the Philadelphia PA region.

I'm not saying Raiola is better than Wiesehan but I think it's way too early to say he hasn't recruited that well. I believe Raiola is also credited for bringing Ben Scott from AZ St. That doesn't get included in his recruiting numbers.
I do give Raiola credit for Scott.

We’re already forced to max protect with 7 on every pass and still rank outside the top 100 in sack rate

Now you want this crap OL to attempt to move the pocket?
Yes. I would like to see it more. I think it was Bullock HH hit while on the run? Made me believe it might work. But maybe they've seen enough in practice to know it's not likely to work.

Reactions: king_kong_
Yes. I would like to see it more. I think it was Bullock HH hit while on the run? Made me believe it might work. But maybe they've seen enough in practice to know it's not likely to work.
Haarberg missed bullock on a nice designed rollout last week

• Wow
Reactions: WHCSC
Can someone post pff line grades for the year or break it down to show what if any improvement or decline in line play overall and per player has occurred. Keep running into pay walls when looking.

Reactions: king_kong_
At the beginning of the very next game they benched him, so basically he didn't start.
where was he sitting while someone else was starting?

same place he'll be this week when the offense takes the field: the bench

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT