ADVERTISEMENT

Full Depth Chart Predictions

Boerkircher is an in line TE and Fidone is more of a flex TE who they’ll split out more. Gilbert just got here. Right now if we come out to start a game wanting to establish the run Boerkircher is probably going to be in the game. He’s earned the right to be on top the depth chart but I don’t think that’s going to mean he gets more touches than Fidone.
I will still be concerned if Boerkircher starts game 1. Because that likely means Gilbert didn't get a waiver and/or Fidone is hurt again.

I will still be concerned if Boerkircher starts game 1. Because that likely means Gilbert didn't get a waiver and/or Fidone is hurt again.
Won’t concern me because I think we’re going to come out trying to establish the run. Boerkircher is the best blocking TE we have. It’s very possible that we come out with 2 TEs AND a fullback on play one.

At least we can fill out a depth chart, unlike the Buffs.
We comin'
Let's not get too cocky about the game with the Buffs. I was in Boulder a few years ago when the pregame atmosphere was that of a coronation. Instead the Huskers had a complete meltdown. A couple of Dbs who played in the NFL last season looked as if they needed a seeing eye dog to find the ball or a receiver. I want to see some wins before I start crowing.

Rhule will play the best kids

If you’re concerned, it’s because you value your opinion over his

Thanks for your concern about me being concerned, but if Boerkircher starts game 1 than I will still be concerned.
Perhaps you should concern yourself with the difference between then/than before you move on to D1 depth charts?

Just a thought

Perhaps you should concern yourself with the difference between then/than before you move on to D1 depth charts?

Just a thought
Nice pivot. My preference is to have maybe the highest rated TE recruit in history, who was also on the All-SEC freshman team, start the opener. I know that probably upsets you because he isn't from Central Nebraska. But the truth is our season outlook looks a lot better with Gilbert starting.

Nice pivot. My preference is to have maybe the highest rated TE recruit in history, who was also on the All-SEC freshman team, start the opener. I know that probably upsets you because he isn't from Central Nebraska. But the truth is our season outlook looks a lot better with Gilbert starting.
This take brought to us by the same brain that produced “Huskers123456” as his moniker

Behold!

So who would you rather start, Gilbert or Boerkircher?
Boerkircher. by a lot. Gilbert looks very overweight & uncomfortable. Boerkircher looks ready to go tomorrow. Fidone looks to be getting there.

I don't expect anything from Gilbert this year based on lots of evidence that's not 2+ years old, which is what you're basing your opinion off of.

here's a line of thinking you are familiar with - until your opinions prove worthy of respect, they don't have it.

Boerkircher. by a lot. Gilbert looks very overweight & uncomfortable. Boerkircher looks ready to go tomorrow. Fidone looks to be getting there.

I don't expect anything from Gilbert this year based on lots of evidence that's not 2+ years old, which is what you're basing your opinion off of.

here's a line of thinking you are familiar with - until your opinions prove worthy of respect, they don't have it.
So if Gilbert got a waiver and worked his way to #1 on the depth chart you would rather have Boerkircher starting?

So if Gilbert got a waiver and worked his way to #1 on the depth chart you would rather have Boerkircher starting?
we're doing "ifs" now?

cute

Gilbert has a long long long way to go, son. this simple fact is obvious to all with two eyes and a functioning brain.

I do not think Boerkircher started the spring game by default. I think he earned it. Gilbert didn't take a single snap with the 2s, much less the 1s.

the best players will play. I will have zero concern about who Rhule trots out there.

we're doing "ifs" now?

cute

Gilbert has a long long long way to go, son
Starting players like Boerkircher is a big part of why we don't even go to bowl games anymore. He isn't some walk-on who rose above a bunch of quality scholarship players. He's a walk-on who is playing significant minutes because of terrible recruiting and roster management. That has to stop.

Starting players like Boerkircher is a big part of why we don't even go to bowl games anymore. He isn't some walk-on who rose above a bunch of quality scholarship players. He's a walk-on who is playing significant minutes because of terrible recruiting and roster management. That has to stop.
so, because a player was a 5* 4 recruiting cycles ago and caught 35 balls 3 seasons ago he deserves to start in 2023?

that's good roster management to you? be honest - how many Omar Manning jerseys do you own?

like I said, when your opinions earn respect you'll get it. today doesn't appear to be that day.

so, because a player was a 5* 4 recruiting cycles ago and caught 35 balls 3 seasons ago he deserves to start in 2023?

that's good roster management to you? be honest - how many Omar Manning jerseys do you own?

like I said, when your opinions earn respect you'll get it. today doesn't appear to be that day.
I didn't say anything about deserving. I said I will feel better about our season if we have a legit talented player starting instead of a walk-on from Aurora who has 7 career catches.

And thanks for ruining my night. I was really hoping to earn some respect from king_kong on the Husker message board. I mean you are the guy who is famous for slobbering all over Haarberg.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
I didn't say anything about deserving. I said I will feel better about our season if we have a legit talented player starting instead of a walk-on from Aurora who has 7 career catches.

And thanks for ruining my night. I was really hoping to earn some respect from king_kong on the Husker message board. I mean you are the guy who is famous for slobbering all over Haarberg.
"legit talented"

maybe when he was 18 & bigger/stronger than everyone

since he's gotten to college he's gotten beaten out, gotten fat, gotten mental illness & gotten himself on 3 different teams - two of which are renowned for turning 5* kids like him into 1st round picks

I hope he contributes for us, but I'm not counting on it based on his track record

"legit talented"

since he's gotten to college he's gotten beaten out, gotten fat, gotten mental illness & gotten himself on 3 different teams - two of which are renowned for turning 5* kids like him into 1st round picks

I hope he contributes for us, but I'm not counting on it based on his track record
He was a stud his freshman year in college. He’s a reclamation project now after some personal issues.

"legit talented"

He caught 35 passes in the SEC for the defending national champs. Are you now claiming he isn't talented? Like I said. Arguing to argue. Someone should see if we can find winter testing scores. I would be curious to see Gilbert vs. Boerkircher since Gilbert is so fat. He should be significantly slower vs. Boerkircher our in-shape starter.

He caught 35 passes in the SEC for the defending national champs. Are you now claiming he isn't talented? Like I said. Arguing to argue. Someone should see if we can find winter testing scores. I would be curious to see Gilbert vs. Boerkircher since Gilbert is so fat. He should be significantly slower vs. Boerkircher our in-shape starter.
@dinglefritz said it - he's now a reclamation project as opposed to a sure-fire 5* slam dunk.

Fidone & Boerkircher are who I expect to contribute at TE this season, waiver or no waiver. assuming Fidone's health, of course.

So who would you rather start, Gilbert or Boerkircher?

Do posts get more correct than this, @Huskers123456 ?

1234's question was who would you rather start?

Of course most of us said Fidone and Gilbert. Gilbert was a former 5 star athletic freak show... Who wouldn't be hoping that shit works out?

I was wait and see in the guy, but yeah - many of us "wanted" him to become that guy for us. Nothing against Boerkircher - love that homegrown story and how it's unfolded even more under Rhule.

Reactions: aNUstart
1234's question was who would you rather start?

Of course most of us said Fidone and Gilbert. Gilbert was a former 5 star athletic freak show... Who wouldn't be hoping that shit works out?

I was wait and see in the guy, but yeah - many of us "wanted" him to become that guy for us. Nothing against Boerkircher - love that homegrown story and how it's unfolded even more under Rhule.
his question was, indeed, who would I rather start.

my answer, on May 7th, was Boerkircher. by a lot.

I remember this exchange. You are still arguing in circles. How could you not have wanted Gilbert to start? That would have meant he beat out Boerkircher and Fidone. I just don't get where you are coming from on this.

Edit: and I don't think Rhule is the kind of coach who would start Gilbert based on his recruiting ranking. So if he started he earned it.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I remember this exchange. You are still arguing in circles. How could you not have wanted Gilbert to start? That would have meant he beat out Boerkircher and Fidone. I just don't get where you are coming from on this.
out of shape, lazy, uncomfortable. took me 1 snap in the spring game to see it.

gilbert was never going to play here or anywhere.

you were caught up in feelings (hope) and I was simply giving you a dose of reality.

Reactions: JabroniBlvd

you were caught up in feelings (hope) and I was simply giving you a dose of reality.
I don't think I ever said Gilbert would start. Maybe I did?

He definitely looked out of shape in the spring game. Saw a pic of him this fall and he looked jacked.

Reactions: BleedRed78
worse. you said this:
I Want More GIF

Come on… It’s easy to say now that he will never play here or anywhere. Did you claim that before his arrest? You can be so over the top… It’s nauseating.

Come on… It’s easy to say now that he will never play here or anywhere. Did you claim that before his arrest? You can be so over the top… It’s nauseating.
I said I don't expect anything from him waiver or not over and over

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT