ADVERTISEMENT

Oline analysis

Yep. Summed it up well:

Can he run (Biggest trait we need right now) - Hell NO!
Good Arm that is Accurate - Hell NO!
Other intangibles - Hell NO! The exact opposite

Purdy should never see the field ever. Nebraska should play the 2 QB's below him before they every played that guy. He has a wet noodle arm and has the deer in headlights look when he is on the field. Seems like a good kid, but not a D1 football player
this is also why I don't expect him to transfer and nobody else should, either

he has 2 more years of full expenses paid college experience at his disposal here

I have never argued that purdy could improve and never will

he has no arm and no additional physical attributes or mental fortitude required for improvement

Haarberg has physical tools and mental toughness in spades. those things are the foundation upon which improvement takes place.
Yep. Only a Nebraska kid is mentally or physically tough or able to improve. You’re a riot.

Yep. Summed it up well:

Purdy should never see the field ever. Nebraska should play the 2 QB's below him before they every played that guy. He has a wet noodle arm and has the deer in headlights look when he is on the field. Seems like a good kid, but not a D1 football player
Purdy most definitely can run and has. He doesn’t have to have great arm strength. He needs to make good decisions and be accurate.

In my opinion, this single play shows me that purdy not only isn’t the guy today, he will never be the guy anywhere, ever

that is a throw a P5 QB makes in his sleep. Purdy doesn’t have the juice to get it there against 3rd and 4th teamers

this is my initial assessment of purdy following his first spring game here, complete with a film clip

he has had a lot of opportunities to prove me wrong, and he's done nothing but prove me right with his play

Go back and look at ALL of his limited game video. He can and has run. He’s a better athlete than some think.
here's him in his first start

worst game by a Nebraska QB (maybe any position) in program history before getting benched for a kid who's 2nd string at a program in its first year in FBS

Go back and look at ALL of his limited game video. He can and has run. He’s a better athlete than some think.
here's him vs michigan

2nd play he completes the longest air yards pass of his college career (18 yards)

Yep. Summed it up well:

I really don't understand why some of these Qbs don't go play for a FCS or Div. II school. I am not just talking about Nebraska, but all big schools. Sooner or later it has to be crystal clear these kids are not going to get to play. Go have fun. If they really like football and want to play, I would think they would jump at a chance to play at a lower-level school. Seems like it would be more fun than wearing a hat on backwards and a contrasting jersey on the sideline during a game. A few years back the Huskies had 4-5 highly recruited quarterbacks on their roster. Two of them played against one another last Saturday. Sam Huard at Cal Poly-SLO vs Jacob Sirmon at Northern Colorado (my father's alma mater). Dylan Morris, a Seattle suburb product was the Washington starter before DeBoer and Penix came to town. He has said that the reason why he has not left is because he wants to coach after college. In cases like this I can completely understand staying.

Last edited:
I really don't understand why some of these Qbs don't go play for a FCS or Div. II school. I am not just talking about Nebraska, but all big schools. Sooner or later in has to be crystal clear these kids are not going to get to play. Go have fun. If they really like football and want to play, I would think they would jump at a chance to play at a lower-level school. Seems like it would be more fun than wearing a hat on backwards and a contrasting jersey on the sideline during a game. A few years back the Huskies had 4-5 highly recruited quarterbacks on their roster. Two of them played against one another last Saturday. Sam Huard at Cal Poly-SLO vs Jacob Sirmon at Northern Colorado (my father's alma mater). Dylan Morris, a Seattle suburb product was the Washington starter before DeBoer and Penix came to town. He has said that the reason why he has not left is because he wants to coach after college. In cases like this I can completely understand staying.
I agree

but in purdy's case I wouldn't transfer, either. he wouldn't start anywhere in the Big Sky.

HH had a horrible game last Saturday. He knows it and I'm sure it ate him up alive inside. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten my scarlet-colored glass out of the case this year, but I did recently. I think HH finally puts it together Saturday and throws for close to 300 on a damp, cold afternoon. Rhule said they plan to be "more aggressive". And I think Heinrich is finally ready to stop thinking about it and just play. I think they will roll him out more, and if not, the patchwork Oline, TE and running back can protect long enough for him to find the young, speedy receivers.

I agree

but in purdy's case I wouldn't transfer, either. he wouldn't start anywhere in the Big Sky.
He literally has none of those characteristics and no he can't run. You are nuts..
Chubba Purdy had back to back 1000 yard rushing seasons as a high school junior and senior. He ran sub 4.5 40s and was a 4 star dual threat recruit with offers from at least 20 P5 teams including Michigan State, KSU, ASU, FSU, Etc etc. The dude most definitely can run.

Chubba Purdy had back to back 1000 yard rushing seasons as a high school junior and senior. He ran sub 4.5 40s and was a 4 star dual threat recruit with offers from at least 20 P5 teams including Michigan State, KSU, ASU, FSU, Etc etc. The dude most definitely can run.

Ruhle has even mentioned his speed. Anyone who has listened to him knew this. I'm not sure why someone would debate THAT for the life of me.

Say u don't think he's good. Or he hasn't shown his speed at this level. But to flat out deny that the kid has some pretty good wheels is kinda cray iyam.

Holla

Ruhle has even mentioned his speed. Anyone who has listened to him knew this. I'm not sure why someone would debate THAT for the life of me.

Say u don't think he's good. Or he hasn't shown his speed at this level. But to flat out deny that the kid has some pretty good wheels is kinda cray iyam.

Holla
I'm certainly not denying this or arguing it

my thoughts about purdy are purely based on his extreme lack of arm strength and perhaps even more extreme lack of poise/moxie

he can't play at the collegiate level because of those two things

Reactions: huntered
I'm certainly not denying this or arguing it

my thoughts about purdy are purely based on his extreme lack of arm strength and perhaps even more extreme lack of poise/moxie

he can't play at the collegiate level because of those two things
Again. He had off season arm surgery

Holla
What’s ironic is the same guys who bitched incessantly about our two previous OCs aren’t a little bit curious if the guy might be better in a different system. That’s my point. It’s curiosity and not an advocacy for him. He was a bigtime recruit which this fanbase would have lost their mind over coming out of high school.

Again. He had off season arm surgery
he looked like an 8th grader throwing in the spring game

my opinion is based on what he's put on tape at FSU and his games/scrimmages here. I first posted about his lack of arm strength after the very first pass he attempted in a Husker uniform in April of 2022.

unless the surgery turned him into this AFTER the spring game and his appearance at CU:

Rookie_of_the_year.jpg

it doesn't matter

0.0 juice

Last edited:
What’s ironic is the same guys who bitched incessantly about our two previous OCs aren’t a little bit curious if the guy might be better in a different system. That’s my point. It’s curiosity and not an advocacy for him. He was a bigtime recruit which this fanbase would have lost their mind over coming out of high school.
we're not curious because OCs don't magically give guys college arms.

everyone but you saw all they needed to see last year.

he doesn't have it. it's clear as day.

he physically cannot push the ball down the field and he shits himself the second the ball is snapped (I will even give him a pass on this point given the OL & OL coach)

we're not curious because OCs don't magically give guys college arms.

everyone but you saw all they needed to see last year.

he doesn't have it. it's clear as day.

he physically cannot push the ball down the field and he shits himself the second the ball is snapped (I will even give him a pass on this point given the OL & OL coach)
You have no idea what he could or would do this year. Kinda amazing that he was listed as a co#2 with HH given he’s got a noodle arm and feet like lead anchors. 😂😂

Last edited:
You have no idea what he could or would do this year. Kinda amazing that he was listed as a co#2 as HH given he’s got a noodle arm and feet like lead anchors. 😂😂
I do have an exact idea of what he would do

so do the coaches

which is why he holds a clipboard on game day

I do have an exact idea of what he would do

so do the coaches

which is why he holds a clipboard on game day
You’re gonna completely lose your mind when he ends up our starter next year😂😂😂😂 I on the other hand am fine with whomever they run out there

Last edited:
You’re gonna completely lise your mind when he ends up our starter next year😂😂😂😂 I on the other hand am fine with whomever they run out there
keep on telling yourself that while you line up for the two-in-one flu/covid booster

there is a zero % chance chubba starts another game here. I honestly have no clue why you continue to bring his name up. I have a better chance of contributing on the field than he does.

makes you look clueless & absolutely destroys what little credibility you might have left.

You’re gonna completely lose your mind when he ends up our starter next year😂😂😂😂 I on the other hand am fine with whomever they run out there
Purdy will never start for NU by winning the job. It's absolutely amazing you are convinced that he has these intangibles that he has never shown. It's almost as if you want to be so right about your opinion on HH that you are clouded with in actual reality. Just cheer on the QB that is 4-1

Purdy will never start for NU by winning the job. It's absolutely amazing you are convinced that he has these intangibles that he has never shown. It's almost as if you want to be so right about your opinion on HH that you are clouded with in actual reality. Just cheer on the QB that is 4-1
it's worse

he thinks chubba's tangible skills are good enough to start

D1 Football is way different than HS. If he was this god of football he'd be starting and not 3rd string. We've seen what he can do and he sucks. He has the deer in headlights look and D1 football is too much for him.

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
D1 Football is way different than HS. If he was this god of football he'd be starting and not 3rd string. We've seen what he can do and he sucks. He has the deer in headlights look and D1 football is too much for him.
We’ve seen what he could do with Verdusco and Whipple as his QB coaches It’s a false narrative to repeat the idea that he can’t run or pass. He can and he has. Whipple for instance coached his QBs to stay in the pocket and the QB run game didn’t exist in his offense. We all saw what Frost’s OCs did for Adrian. Nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT