ADVERTISEMENT

ok. so who is leaving

Riley says he will announce the first one "soon" and that he has already left the team.

Wouldn't the media have noticed the missing person if it was a 1st or 2nd string player?

They noticed that VV and MC missed the first part of practice, but showed up later.

Riley says he will announce the first one "soon" and that he has already left the team.

Wouldn't the media have noticed the missing person if it was a 1st or 2nd string player?

They noticed that VV and MC missed the first part of practice, but showed up later.

I thought I read several players missed practice Friday due to class

I believe they noticed.

Reactions: tuffout33
Not too worried about who's leaving. More concerned about this year's recruiting class including JUCOs. We need strong roster adds across the board. No more excuses about how these guys weren't MR types.

Not too worried about who's leaving. More concerned about this year's recruiting class including JUCOs. We need strong roster adds across the board. No more excuses about how these guys weren't MR types.

It is important who and how many are leaving since it impacts who is recruited and how many open scholarships.
And it might shed some light on who have been trouble during the year with negativity.

I've always thought next year's team will look very different from this years team, but curious to know how it will look.

I hate when a player leaves early.
Gotta know you are going to look back and wish you hadn't.
This next year should be A Much better year.

Reactions: blackbones
Quessing here:For some reason I have a feeling Adam Taylor could be one of the running backs.

Do we really know if Darlington still has issues with concussions?
Could AJ Bush be another?
Both of these QB have question marks being redshirt Sophomores going into next season.

Cant blame some for leaving; doesn't mean a bad attitude. HCMR has met with many - if my son was told he will probably never play at this level; due to ability or an all star cast ahead of him; I want him to leave on good terms - for opportunity. Just because a player leaves and starts elsewhere, doesn't mean he could have beat out the 1-2 guys he had too here.

Reactions: scarletred
Everyone who ever played for, or was recruited by Bo. Because they are brainwashed and purposely sabotaging the team. Ask everyone.

Everyone who ever played for, or was recruited by Bo. Because they are brainwashed and purposely sabotaging the team. Ask everyone.

I've never once read any current player being accused of trying to sabotage the team and I doubt you have either.

Reactions: Wasker77
The success of Andrew White on the basketball team shows the value of transferring to another school for the increased opportunity to play. I imagine there will be several, making next year another unstable transition year full of struggles.

The success of Andrew White on the basketball team shows the value of transferring to another school for the increased opportunity to play. I imagine there will be several, making next year another unstable transition year full of struggles.
You bring up a good point regarding next year.. will it be another transition year full of struggles or is it the true 1st year in the real Mike Riley system where they start putting an emphasis on their system vs the smorgasbord we got this year?

I don't think Riley can really afford to run the '2015 season' again in 2016. If you do this and have another crappy season, things don't look so hot, and you have done nothing to build for the future in the first 2 years.

Doesn't he have to start with his QB, and his system completely in 2016? At least in this scenario, it might still be a crappy season, but you would feel like he is at least working toward something meaningful.

The 2015 season felt like one big waste of time, but not sure they could have done much more than they did with what they had to work with.

I hope this hire isn't a big waste of time but until we get a accountable QB that doesn't throw the ball up for grabs and makes better decisions and knows how to run this system we won't be winning anything of substance.

Cut down on dumb penalties and Banker shows he is the guy to coordinate our defense is what I hope to see improvement going forward for Riley's staff.

I've never once read any current player being accused of trying to sabotage the team and I doubt you have either.
Really? You don't remember several posters questioning our safety and a couple of other players regarding their effort and perhaps not giving their all for the current staff? Huh. Guess I just have a better memory than everyone else on the board.
Lolz. Still mad
Never mad, ever. I'm obviously too cool for that.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Really? You don't remember several posters questioning our safety and a couple of other players regarding their effort and perhaps not giving their all for the current staff? Huh. Guess I just have a better memory than everyone else on the board.

Never mad, ever. I'm obviously too cool for that.
I think your problem is you tend to speak in absolutes. Don't say every former bo player is trying to sabotage the program. First of all, not playing your hardest is different than sabotage. But second of all, there were many former bo players who gave it their all. When you speak in absolutes and say every player you are automatically wrong.

And you did it again when you said you have a better memory than EVERYONE else. If you don't speak in absolute terms more people might agree with you.

Reactions: 94husker
I think your problem is you tend to speak in absolutes. Don't say every former bo player is trying to sabotage the program. First of all, not playing your hardest is different than sabotage. But second of all, there were many former bo players who gave it their all. When you speak in absolutes and say every player you are automatically wrong.

And you did it again when you said you have a better memory than EVERYONE else. If you don't speak in absolute terms more people might agree with you.
I think you missed his sarcasm which he used to add emphasis. I have no problem translating as I speak asshole fluently

Harvey Perlman......June 2016.....can I get a big......Hip, Hip.....Hooray!!!!!!!
More than long enough for him to retire on his own terms after he clipped your boy. 408 for life though, and other such things.

I think you missed his sarcasm which he used to add emphasis. I have no problem translating as I speak asshole fluently
I got the sarcasm in his first post. It was his follow up that I was responding to. If he was sarcastic there as well then you are spot on, I missed it. :)

I read that thread and I guess that's a great example of how two people can read the same thing and get two different conclusions.

What I remember are some posters wondering (myself included) if some players were not fully on board with MR and company, and therefore were not following their orders 100% down to the tee, but when I stated it I meant they were still trying to win, they were just trying to win their way because they didn't believe in the coaching staff yet. I really don't remember anyone saying players were trying to intentionally lose games because they were still butt hurt over the coaching change. These is a HUGE difference between ignoring certain play calls and trying to improvise on the fly because you think your way gives you a better chance of winning, and trying to lose games on purpose. If somebody on this board said certain players were trying to lose games on purpose I do not remember it and it would have to be shown to me before I believed it. So I'd say either show me where somebody said it, or quit accusing posters of doing that, because that's a pretty effed up thing to say if not true....and if somebody did say it, and actually meant it, and that it wasn't a joke, I will say "My bad" and never question that statement again.

It wasn't a punt. Gerry ran into and knocked the cornerback off stride on a deep route. And yes, there was a lot of speculation on this board whether he had done that on purpose. (personally, I thought he just took a bad angle and didn't see the cornerback until the last second, but that view didn't fit the agenda some had).

Is the semester over at NU? Not sure why there would be such a delay to announce a player leaving if the semester is complete.

Only a sith speaks in absolutes. Perhaps I am a sith?
I would assume you are smart enough to sniff out hyperbole and understand that I REALLY dont think the crap that I typed, right? Just poking some folks.

However, I do think that i am smarter than everyone else. :)

I read that thread and I guess that's a great example of how two people can read the same thing and get two different conclusions.

What I remember are some posters wondering (myself included) if some players were not fully on board with MR and company, and therefore were not following their orders 100% down to the tee, but when I stated it I meant they were still trying to win, they were just trying to win their way because they didn't believe in the coaching staff yet. I really don't remember anyone saying players were trying to intentionally lose games because they were still butt hurt over the coaching change. These is a HUGE difference between ignoring certain play calls and trying to improvise on the fly because you think your way gives you a better chance of winning, and trying to lose games on purpose. If somebody on this board said certain players were trying to lose games on purpose I do not remember it and it would have to be shown to me before I believed it. So I'd say either show me where somebody said it, or quit accusing posters of doing that, because that's a pretty effed up thing to say if not true....and if somebody did say it, and actually meant it, and that it wasn't a joke, I will say "My bad" and never question that statement again.
I am faaaaaar too lazy to look it up as there is no real gain in proving im right on a message board, but I will stand by how I interpreted many a post, by many a poster and that was some of our players were not only not giving their all, but also trying to sabotage the team. I remember it mainly because it was a steaming pile of bullsh!t to accuse such a thing.

Then I stand by what I said, I don't think anyone really did that. Also, you weren't to lazy to accuse somebody of doing it, seems odd that you're all the sudden to lazy to prove it.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT