ADVERTISEMENT

ok. so who is leaving

I am faaaaaar too lazy to look it up as there is no real gain in proving im right on a message board, but I will stand by how I interpreted many a post, by many a poster and that was some of our players were not only not giving their all, but also trying to sabotage the team. I remember it mainly because it was a steaming pile of bullsh!t to accuse such a thing.
Just one example...https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/cavanaughs-article-on-gerry.70712/#post-1149539

It wasn't a punt. Gerry ran into and knocked the cornerback off stride on a deep route. And yes, there was a lot of speculation on this board whether he had done that on purpose. (personally, I thought he just took a bad angle and didn't see the cornerback until the last second, but that view didn't fit the agenda some had).

I was one of the individuals questioning Gerry's effort in the Purdue game in a thread. I recall that it was implied that players were tanking because of past loyalties or some such. There was one thread I recall where a poster implied Gerry sabotaged another defensive back, and that was refuted by most everyone. I will stand by my assertion, however, that Gerry's performance that day was abysmal. Watch the game again and see for yourself.

I was one of the individuals questioning Gerry's effort in the Purdue game in a thread. I recall that it was implied that players were tanking because of past loyalties or some such. There was one thread I recall where a poster implied Gerry sabotaged another defensive back, and that was refuted by most everyone. I will stand by my assertion, however, that Gerry's performance that day was abysmal. Watch the game again and see for yourself.
If I recall correctly it turned out that Gerry was playing nicked in that game and tried to avoid some contact. Could be wrong but I think that was a very frustrating game for him. His frustration was understandable. Its going to be fun to see what these kids can do this next year with the system in place, more depth at linebacker and another year removed from the Pelini regime.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crushinator
I read that thread and I guess that's a great example of how two people can read the same thing and get two different conclusions.

What I remember are some posters wondering (myself included) if some players were not fully on board with MR and company, and therefore were not following their orders 100% down to the tee, but when I stated it I meant they were still trying to win, they were just trying to win their way because they didn't believe in the coaching staff yet. I really don't remember anyone saying players were trying to intentionally lose games because they were still butt hurt over the coaching change. These is a HUGE difference between ignoring certain play calls and trying to improvise on the fly because you think your way gives you a better chance of winning, and trying to lose games on purpose. If somebody on this board said certain players were trying to lose games on purpose I do not remember it and it would have to be shown to me before I believed it. So I'd say either show me where somebody said it, or quit accusing posters of doing that, because that's a pretty effed up thing to say if not true....and if somebody did say it, and actually meant it, and that it wasn't a joke, I will say "My bad" and never question that statement again.

Redrover had an entire thread about Bo having brainwashed the team and it being a cult. It was a serious thread and hilarious.

Redrover had an entire thread about Bo having brainwashed the team and it being a cult. It was a serious thread and hilarious.

I don't see that as saying current players are purposely trying to make the team lose. I also looked at the link Tulsa provided and still didn't see what so many of you see. If it's there I'm blind. I have still never read anything from any poster on this board that claimed some of our current players were trying to lose on purpose. I have seen many claim it, but when pressed for evidence it's happened it gets really quiet.

I don't see that as saying current players are purposely trying to make the team lose. I also looked at the link Tulsa provided and still didn't see what so many of you see. If it's there I'm blind. I have still never read anything from any poster on this board that claimed some of our current players were trying to lose on purpose. I have seen many claim it, but when pressed for evidence it's happened it gets really quiet.

I'm on my phone so it is taking longer than I hoped but check out post 10 and 11.

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/just-some-more-perspective.61058/

Well I was post #11, where I called Rover a weird dude because of his post which was #11. I read the same thing you are and I am getting something different out of it. I have read several people now claim posters said some of our current players were trying to lose on purpose (IE-Sabotage), Rovers post didn't say that. I read it as more of a "We aren't fully on board with the new coach yet". To each their own though, if that's how you read it we can disagree on that. I appreciate the civil response.

Well I was post #11, where I called Rover a weird dude because of his post which was #11. I read the same thing you are and I am getting something different out of it. I have read several people now claim posters said some of our current players were trying to lose on purpose (IE-Sabotage), Rovers post didn't say that. I read it as more of a "We aren't fully on board with the new coach yet". To each their own though, if that's how you read it we can disagree on that. I appreciate the civil response.

I only mentioned post 11 because I thought it was funny you said the same thing I was thinking when I was reading it the first time.

With that being said, he posted "Bo was literally a cult leader to these impressionable kids." He later equated the situation as being similar to Jonestown. Then later "Do you want to win for Nebraska or lose for Bo?" I guess I read that as insinuating the players were brainwashed and not trying to win because of it.

My issues are with his hiring of 3 sub par ADs that has left our AD in a less than stellar position.
I'm pretty sure when Pederson was hired it was hailed as a slam dunk hire... He hired Rowland at Pittsburgh for basketball and did some great things there, and it was the prodigal son coming home. We were all excited as I recall, until he went nutso.

I'm pretty sure when Osborne was hired it was hailed as a slam dunk hire... (maybe not as slam dunk as Pederson, but people were on board). He rid us of Callahan and Cosgrove and brought in Pelini, who many thought at the time would fix our porous defense.

When Eichorst was hired, I was living out of state, so I can't say one way or the other that it was a slam dunk hire...

By my count, most would agree that 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Hindsight is pretty awesome, but I think at the time of the Pederson and Osborne hirings, people were pretty pleased these guys were hired.

Does anybody remember it any differently? This is what I seem to recall.

It was mainly Red Rover Red Rover spouting the same thing over and over.
Gerry letting Illini WR wide open behind him when the Hail Mary was the only play possible.
Gerry dropping 2 or 3 easy INTs against Wisconsin if I recall.
Gerry taking out his teammate against Purdue.
Gerry not looking interested in making a tackle in repeated games.
I know we give Gemini some crap here and there with her conspiracy theories, but RR was putting her to shame.

Only a sith speaks in absolutes. Perhaps I am a sith?
I would assume you are smart enough to sniff out hyperbole and understand that I REALLY dont think the crap that I typed, right? Just poking some folks.

However, I do think that i am smarter than everyone else. :)

An excellent example of hyperbole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT