ADVERTISEMENT

Not looking good for LP....

Wow. Didn't even think about that. Probably hard to get in California though?

On a side note: Did anyone see Ray Lewis promoting his new autobiography on The Charlie Rose Show about 3 weeks ago? At one point in the interview Rose asked Lewis who the best running back he ever faced was and without any hesitation Lewis said Lawrence Phillips in the 1995 Orange Bowl. He went on to tell a story about how, at one point in the game, he hit Phillips and knocked him back about 3 yards and Phillips got in his face and told him they would have to drag him off that field, and Lewis went back to the huddle and told Sapp that they were in a dog fight tonight.

have the facts came out about what happened?

Apparently...

But really though, all they have said is "new evidence" which they are apparently going to claim is a "lying in wait" statute. Ummmm, IT'S JAIL. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but aren't they all essentially doing that? You either never have your guard up and pretend like no harm is ever coming your way which is 1000% false, or you get the drop on a killer that is trying to kill you.

And let's keep that in perspective here.....he killed an admitted gang member doing time for first degree murder, and was on record multiple times as requesting to not have to share a cell for fear of being attacked. The person that signed off on putting someone in that cell with LP signed the death certificate. Once again, LP did the State's job for them, yet he's going to get the book thrown at him. As if 31 years in a sh!thole like that isn't reminder enough that you f*cked up....prison is such a joke in this country. Just admit there IS NO REHABILITATION component and be done with it.

You commit a violent crime and are convicted....right this way to the abattoir. Save us all a bunch of time and money and BS.

Apparently...

But really though, all they have said is "new evidence" which they are apparently going to claim is a "lying in wait" statute. Ummmm, IT'S JAIL. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but aren't they all essentially doing that? You either never have your guard up and pretend like no harm is ever coming your way which is 1000% false, or you get the drop on a killer that is trying to kill you.

And let's keep that in perspective here.....he killed an admitted gang member doing time for first degree murder, and was on record multiple times as requesting to not have to share a cell for fear of being attacked. The person that signed off on putting someone in that cell with LP signed the death certificate. Once again, LP did the State's job for them, yet he's going to get the book thrown at him. As if 31 years in a sh!thole like that isn't reminder enough that you f*cked up....prison is such a joke in this country. Just admit there IS NO REHABILITATION component and be done with it.

You commit a violent crime and are convicted....right this way to the abattoir. Save us all a bunch of time and money and BS.

Interesting. And your solution is...

On a side note: Did anyone see Ray Lewis promoting his new autobiography on The Charlie Rose Show about 3 weeks ago? At one point in the interview Rose asked Lewis who the best running back he ever faced was and without any hesitation Lewis said Lawrence Phillips in the 1995 Orange Bowl. He went on to tell a story about how, at one point in the game, he hit Phillips and knocked him back about 3 yards and Phillips got in his face and told him they would have to drag him off that field, and Lewis went back to the huddle and told Sapp that they were in a dog fight tonight.

http://www.charlierose.com/watch/60636714

The timer shows how much time is left in the video. Start at about 23:20 left in the show.

Apparently...

yes, thats what I was wondering, if it was self defense on LP's part to a certain degree? I know the guy he killed had a habit of stabbing people and was brought up as a real crip. I know LP can go overboard sometimes reacting to people, but it always seems like he was never the instagator. Im not sure how info like this is handled in prison, as far as how much they let the public know.

I like how prisons were ran in the 1400's in england, nobody spent more than 2 weeks in jail (unless you pissed the king off). justice was a lot more swift..allthough the trial part is better now. :)

Interesting. And your solution is...

Double-tap to the back of the skull. Bullets are cheap....if the crux of the argument is that we're "better humans" than the criminals because we're "helping to rehabilitate them" and I say that's a total BS argument, and prison is nothing but finishing school for them, just do us all a favor and get rid of them from the start. Let's quit pretending we're above it. Vermin deserve to be put down.

Working in the correctional system myself, I can tell you there most certainly is a rehabilitative intent. How effective it is and how seriously it is taken at individual facilities is up for debate for sure. But you clearly don't have much exposure to the correctional system.

Reactions: cornheader
I wonder if LP has given thought to just ask to be set free through lethal injection.
Life behind bars with the reality someone is wanting to stab you on a daily basis would be living hell.

Peace to you LP.

Wow. Didn't even think about that. Probably hard to get in California though?

Easy to get in California, but almost impossible to actually carry out. Even worse than Nebraska. We act tough by saying we want the death penalty and spend tons of extra tax dollars on it, but we've only used it like three times in the last 30 years or so.

I can't believe his run of hard luck. Guy never catches a break (since he only has ever reacted, and not brought things on himself of course). Free LP!!!

Reactions: HuskerDana
Saddest story I've ever heard. Not sure how I would have turned out going through what he did in his youth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT