ADVERTISEMENT

Wedding Venue

dacred

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 11, 2002
Looking for a wedding venue within driving distance of Omaha. Prefer something outdoors but looking for ideas. Second time for both of us and not interested in a destination wedding. Any suggestions??

just live together or get homes next to each other.

Second time for you both, just tell people you are married, no one will now.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Looking for a wedding venue within driving distance of Omaha. Prefer something outdoors but looking for ideas. Second time for both of us and not interested in a destination wedding. Any suggestions??
Lauritzen Gardens or Durham Museum are great. Depends on when and how many people. If you need a caterer Chef Hattam is GREAT!! Mom and pop operation that pulled off a fantastic filets etc reception for 100+ guests. Great food and wait staff.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
Bodega Victoriana Winery was our spot during a fall season and it was really nice for the price. Everything went really smooth. It’s south of Glenwood about 20-25 minute drive from Omaha. The worst part is the state it’s located in.

The happiest married person I know did it at the courthouse and had no honeymoon.

The least happily married person I know did a pretty expensive wedding and expensive honeymoon.
Gotta at least go to Mexico for a week

Otherwise what’s the point

Reactions: scarletred
My cousin rented out Mahoney last fall. Is the ice rink area (obviously not an ice rink when you get married). They let you bring in your own food and booze. They did the ceremony and reception right there. It was really pretty. And I’m pretty sure it’s super cheap.

Reactions: king_kong_
I agree with the Courthouse wedding option. I got married by the JP. We actually got lucky. Judge told me he lived right by our apartment complex. Said he would do it at the apartment on his way home. Spent $20.00.
Been married 34 years. Screw blowing your money on some fairytale BS. Go on a vacation/honeymoon if you want to blow your cash.
Go get a BJ on the beach in the moonlight! More romantic that way.

I agree with the Courthouse wedding option. I got married by the JP. We actually got lucky. Judge told me he lived right by our apartment complex. Said he would do it at the apartment on his way home. Spent $20.00.
Been married 34 years. Screw blowing your money on some fairytale BS. Go on a vacation/honeymoon if you want to blow your cash.
Go get "your last" BJ on the beach in the moonlight! More romantic that way.

We both agree on the expensive destination wedding and why do that for a second marriage but want more than going to the courthouse. So a compromise and a nice honeymoon is in the works. :)

How about you stick to bad Breaking Bad handles and memes?
Rick Astley Pixel GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Mrs HuskerHusaria
How is it the second time? I'm in my early 40's and 3 year divorce ended last year. It was pretty tough and financially bad for me.
I did enjoy marriage and briefly considered it a few weeks ago when younger lady (29) I've seen off and on for a bit said she wanted to get married and have my kids. She's pretty but her life is a mess and has lot of red flags. Told her I wasn't ready for it.

How is it the second time? I'm in my early 40's and 3 year divorce ended last year. It was pretty tough and financially bad for me.
I did enjoy marriage and briefly considered it a few weeks ago when younger lady (29) I've seen off and on for a bit said she wanted to get married and have my kids. She's pretty but her life is a mess and has lot of red flags. Told her I wasn't ready for it.
Fuccccck

Starting over with a marriage and babies?

You did the right thing.

My buddy had his second at the Arbor Day Farm in Nebraska City during the fall. It was a small wedding but really nice.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Bodega Victoriana Winery was our spot during a fall season and it was really nice for the price. Everything went really smooth. It’s south of Glenwood about 20-25 minute drive from Omaha. The worst part is the state it’s located in.
We looked at that for my son’s reception but the October wedding and all the soybean fields around it scared me off. If they happened to be combining that evening we would have choked on the dust. There’s also some gravel road to get there. It POURED rain the night of the reception so we were glad we booked the Durham instead. Most of the guests were staying downtown so the Durham was very convenient.

Last edited:
Reactions: SomedayHusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT