ADVERTISEMENT

Sims still not practicing

Zac Taylor took a lot of unnecessary hits like a lot of NU qb's because his line sucked.

Tmart was electrifying. Would take him in a heartbeat. He actually scared d-coordinators.

I don't have the love of Callahan like many on here do. He was still recruiting to NU right after we were good. Not the same for people recruiting in later years.

1. Joe Ganz- one of the most underrated fb players here at Nebr. Got lost because while he was leading us to 49 points our defense and coaches had quit caring and allowed 73 points.
2. Zac Taylor.
Probably the most immobile of them all. Took some real beatings but always got back up. And could pass. Big bonus.
3. Tommy Armstrong- with the right coach he might have been special. Liked the Yolo bombs way too much. Had some very promising performances until he started playing for Riley his junior year. Always got the vibe he wasn't particular to Riley
4. Taylor Martinez. Marginal, turnover prone qb but a breathtaking athlete.

Zac Taylor took a lot of unnecessary hits like a lot of NU qb's because his line sucked.

Tmart was electrifying. Would take him in a heartbeat. He actually scared d-coordinators.

I don't have the love of Callahan like many on here do. He was still recruiting to NU right after we were good. Not the same for people recruiting in later years.
Taylor Martinez was our best since Crouch, and I do not believe it is close.

Never recovered from ankle injury in Missouri game as a Freshman.
Then his center stepped on it at aTm and precipitated Bo’s spitting meltdown, finally kicked a locker.

What could have been??

Reactions: BleedRed78
Taylor Martinez was our best since Crouch, and I do not believe it is close.

Never recovered from ankle injury in Missouri game as a Freshman.
Then his center stepped on it at aTm and precipitated Bo’s spitting meltdown, finally kicked a locker.

What could have been??
When Taylor Martinez was healthy, he was probably one of the 5 fastest QB's in college football history. His first 5-10 yards was totally different level, even from Crouch. I think his first 5-10 yards was almost world class level especially considering he was wearing pads.

When Taylor Martinez was healthy, he was probably one of the 5 fastest QB's in college football history. His first 5-10 yards was totally different level, even from Crouch. I think his first 5-10 yards was almost world class level especially considering he was wearing pads.
No doubt. I might have to watch that KSU game. Was it Washington where he housed a couple long runs?

Hope Haarberg has a great game. He’s a third year guy with some skills and athleticism. Just play football.
Every NU fan should be hoping HH has a real good game, cause we've seen the alternative.
Every time he does something good, the crowd needs to roar its approval.

I think 2 team turnovers or less is where NU has to be tomorrow.
We cannot let the stadium get quiet when/if things start to revert to our first two games.

The irony is Joe Ganz showed up in Lincoln and fell into our lap without any fanfare. He was an excellent high school baseball player. After a few years he was discovered as a QB for the Huskers and had a heck of a year. Now is the OC at UNI in Cedar Falls, Ia. Was greatly under appreciated in Lincoln. If we only had someone like him right now in the program.
The same goes for his receivers. Nate Swift and Todd Peterson. One scholarship three star out of Minnesota and a walk-on. Those two are the best pair of receivers NU has had in a long time. Neither had any hype at all until they were actually producing on the field.

I wouldn't expect too much but I also wouldn't expect it to be worse than Sims. Can't really be possible can it?
Probably neutral. Not as explosive as sims, but won't give up as many turnovers hopefully so I expect a push. I hope I'm wrong but to date, our oc has shown me nothing

I wouldn't expect too much but I also wouldn't expect it to be worse than Sims. Can't really be possible can it?
Barack Obama GIF

Reactions: cavalot
My hope is that this Sims injury is an opportunity for Rhule to do something he may have had a hard time pulling the trigger on otherwise, giving Haarberg a chance to run the offense efficiently and effectively while ending with a positive turnover margin for this game! Nothing too flashy just be a threat with his feet and serviceable with his arm!

I have liked Haarberg for many years and this could be his chance to show if he has IT or not!

1. Joe Ganz- one of the most underrated fb players here at Nebr. Got lost because while he was leading us to 49 points our defense and coaches had quit caring and allowed 73 points.
2. Zac Taylor.
Probably the most immobile of them all. Took some real beatings but always got back up. And could pass. Big bonus.
3. Tommy Armstrong- with the right coach he might have been special. Liked the Yolo bombs way too much. Had some very promising performances until he started playing for Riley his junior year. Always got the vibe he wasn't particular to Riley
4. Taylor Martinez. Marginal, turnover prone qb but a breathtaking athlete.
Joe Ganz and Suh beat Clemson in 2008 in Pelini and Dabo's first years. At that point NU was a pretty darn good team. The following year's defense was awesome but the offense without Ganz was dreadful. The 2008 team (by year's end) was probably the best NU ever was between 2001 and today.

Reactions: pascal
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT