ADVERTISEMENT

Wedding Venue

I agree with the Courthouse wedding option. I got married by the JP. We actually got lucky. Judge told me he lived right by our apartment complex. Said he would do it at the apartment on his way home. Spent $20.00.
Been married 34 years. Screw blowing your money on some fairytale BS. Go on a vacation/honeymoon if you want to blow your cash.
Go get a BJ on the beach in the moonlight! More romantic that way.
Clearly a lasting marriage has little to do with how great the venue was. I know too many people who did expensive destination weddings or had receptions at Hilton hotels for 500+ guests who are divorced

Clearly a lasting marriage has little to do with how great the venue was. I know too many people who did expensive destination weddings or had receptions at Hilton hotels for 500+ guests who are divorced
Invariably, the ones who spent the most on their wedding were almost all divorced within 10 years. My late wife wanted the big wedding. I said no. We married at the courthouse. I borrowed a suit from my best friend and another took photos with his Nikon. I have always said, "It's not how you get married. It's who you get married to."

Any town with a Knights of Columbus clubhouse/bar. The K of C guys provide services that you would have to tip-out every worker at a fancy place. That adds up.

Looking for a wedding venue within driving distance of Omaha. Prefer something outdoors but looking for ideas. Second time for both of us and not interested in a destination wedding. Any suggestions??
It's not within driving distance but I do happen to have the keys to SF's house in Arizona. I hear it's a nice place.

It would be an interesting study and I am guessing it has been done to some extent.

OP:

You will realize the people on here telling you to go to the courthouse were spot on when you're talking about your third marriage.

Hey, if you are in a culture that calls your cousins "sistas"... More power to you! Way to embrace racial inequality!

The blacker the joke the darker the humor!

Proud of ya!
I think you’re doing it wrong.

My girl says the darker the berry, the sweeter the juice.

🤷

Invariably, the ones who spent the most on their wedding were almost all divorced within 10 years. My late wife wanted the big wedding. I said no. We married at the courthouse. I borrowed a suit from my best friend and another took photos with his Nikon. I have always said, "It's not how you get married. It's who you get married to."
Well 43+ years ago my in-laws spent what we thought was a lot for a wedding. ~ 300 guests. Reception and dance with a DJ. I don’t exactly remember what it cost but my father-in-law had offered us 2K to elope. 🤣 Local VFW. Probably $2500 total.

Well 43+ years ago my in-laws spent what we thought was a lot for a wedding. ~ 300 guests. Reception and dance with a DJ. I don’t exactly remember what it cost but my father-in-law had offered us 2K to elope. 🤣 Local VFW. Probably $2500 total.
Probably offered his daughter 1000 first, to not go trough with it.

Zing!!!

Reactions: dinglefritz
Honeymoon might have been the best week of my life. I tell all young people in my life go cheap on the wedding and don't skip the honeymoon.

Reactions: SuperBigFan
OP is looking for an outdoor venue but not something super expensive.

I drove by one about a week ago out by 132nd and State Streets. ‘A View on State’. I have no idea if it’s any good or not but it’s another spot to consider anyway.

I’ve also been to one at Fords Birthplace. Not too bad and I would imagine fairy inexpensive.

Also my backyard is available. The view ain’t half bad and I’d throw in a free pitcher of lemonade.

Reactions: WHCSC
Speaking of engagements & weddings. Have you guys seen the Dillon Danis - Logan Paul beef on twitter. Dillon is absolutely roasting Logan to the point that Logan has lawyered up and demanding Dillon quit posting about his whore fiance. He also allegedly tried to get his account suspended.

Dillon keeps posting pics of his fiance with one of her many, many, many past lovers. It's like she's been with literally anyone of any fame. Its quite hilarious.

https://twitter.com/dillondanis

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
Speaking of engagements & weddings. Have you guys seen the Dillon Danis - Logan Paul beef on twitter. Dillon is absolutely roasting Logan to the point that Logan has lawyered up and demanding Dillon quit posting about his whore fiance. He also allegedly tried to get his account suspended.

Dillon keeps posting pics of his fiance with one of her many, many, many past lovers. It's like she's been with literally anyone of any fame. Its quite hilarious.

https://twitter.com/dillondanis
Dude this sh!t is hilarious.. that chick has banged every rich/famous guy. It doesn’t matter race or body type.. she will bang you if ya got the $$$ and fame

Reactions: salsa red
Who is the girl? Is she hot?
Oh yeah…

images

There’s a converted bank building downtown near the old market too. Can’t remember the name though. It looks cool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT