ADVERTISEMENT

Sims still not practicing

Oct 10, 2021
Per 10/11 News.
Sims still not practicing but taking mental reps. Rhule hasn't decided if he will start/play or not.

It's Thursday. We aren't seriously considering playing a struggling QB on Saturday who hasn't practiced and may also be hobbled, are we?

I'm tired of this scenario. I've seen it way too often around here lately.

Last edited:
Per 10/11 News.
Sims still not practicing but taking mental reps. Rhule hasn't decided if he will start/play or not.

It's Wednesday. We aren't seriously considering playing a struggling QB on Saturday who hasn't practiced and may also be hobbled, are we?

Actually, it's Thursday.

Per 10/11 News.

It's Wednesday. We aren't seriously considering playing a struggling QB on Saturday who hasn't practiced and may also be hobbled, are we?

Nebraska is cursed. I bet I wrote this about 100 times here how there had to be a hole in a wall somewhere in Lincoln from Frost pounding his head against it. I don't think Riley cared either way, he was in it for the cash grab, but Callahan and Bo also did their share of head banging. How many times did Bo trot out T Martinez when he could barely walk? Now I am starting to see the same head banging by Rhule. Sims in not a FBS Power 5 quarterback. Everyone in the stadium saw it last Saturday, fans watching the game on tv saw it and all of those who love, watch, write about and talk about college football have come to the realization that Sims is a bad quarterback. Obviously, the only people who don't realize this are Rhule and his staff.

Per 10/11 News.

It's Thursday. We aren't seriously considering playing a struggling QB on Saturday who hasn't practiced and may also be hobbled, are we?

Why would he give NIU any indication of what he's going to at the qb position for Saturday?

King Kong today:

its-happening-jessica-rothe-shouting-l3otg5edq8t1jpta.gif

Good. Sims can fookin ride the bench all year

He clearly sucks and we need new QBs across the board next year, so knowing this I don’t care if he sits all year

Reactions: Badger Pete
In the 20 some years since Crouch has played what quarterback has been the best? What quarterback did we fans have confidence that he would play well. My pick would be Joe Ganz. Taylor Martinez played well the first year he started but was hurt too much after that. Zac Taylor was 17-9 as a starter. He threw 45 TDs and had 20 INTs. Tommy Armstrong was up and down. Adrian Martinez could not seal a win. Coaches who have been unable to get a very good quarterback or to develop a good one maybe the downfall of the Huskers over the last two decades.

In the 20 some years since Crouch has played what quarterback has been the best? What quarterback did we fans have confidence that he would play well. My pick would be Joe Ganz. Taylor Martinez played well the first year he started but was hurt too much after that. Zac Taylor was 17-9 as a starter. He threw 45 TDs and had 20 INTs. Tommy Armstrong was up and down. Adrian Martinez could not seal a win. Coaches who have been unable to get a very good quarterback or to develop a good one maybe the downfall of the Huskers over the last two decades.
Zac, Jamal, Joe, Tommy, Taylor, Adrian, Sam, Tanner, Zac Lee, Joe Dailey

That's my order. After Taylor, my trust level plummets

Reactions: drg1104
The irony is Joe Ganz showed up in Lincoln and fell into our lap without any fanfare. He was an excellent high school baseball player. After a few years he was discovered as a QB for the Huskers and had a heck of a year. Now is the OC at UNI in Cedar Falls, Ia. Was greatly under appreciated in Lincoln. If we only had someone like him right now in the program.

Too hard to ask for a competent QB who's not a liability?? Zac Taylor and Tommy Armstrong then after that you never knew what you were gonna get. Give me a game manager who can make intermediate throws and not cost us games PLEASE

I'd take Zac Taylor 1st as he was big 12 offensive player of the year in 2006.

Then I'd take Joe Ganz as someone who was mobile enough to get out of the pocket and pick up yards and could still scan the field and hit the open guy.

After those two, the next quarterbacks I'd take (Tommy Armstrong, T Martinez, Adrian Martinez) were good athletes, but average to below average QB's.

It's been a total shit show at QB.

Reactions: arf_man and timnsun
Ganz, TMart, Armstrong

Zac Taylor never impressed me.. he would fold like a tent when it really mattered.

It's a shame what Langsdorf did to Armstrong.. glad to see him get some redemption recently.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
Per 10/11 News.

I was prepared to say "Well I'll have a Coke".

Now, I'm just feeling sick.

Last edited:
Ganz, TMart, Armstrong

Zac Taylor never impressed me.. he would fold like a tent when it really mattered.

It's a shame what Langsdorf did to Armstrong.. glad to see him get some redemption recently.
This is shocking to me that you feel this way about Zac Taylor. Big 12 offensive player of the year and one tough hombre, never knew he was prone to folding like a tent. Guess I remember him differently.

I loved Ganz. Zach Taylor was very good. And TM before he kicked the locker was Amazing. Lord didn't get the credit he deserved for carrying the team on his back. and Armstrong would be the man right now and we would all be thankful after the last 6 years of BS.

why's that?

please describe the meaning of this post in detail.

I want to make sure I understand your exact thoughts behind this comment.
I think some folks are partial to Haarberg and think he should be starting. They are about to get their wish. Be careful what you wish for applies to those who may not realize their wish may not work out the way they think it will.
I defer depth chart decisions to the coaches, but I also think both HH and Purdy will be just fine behind center.

I think some folks are partial to Haarberg and think he should be starting. They are about to get their wish. Be careful what you wish for applies to those who may not realize their wish may not work out the way they think it will.
I defer depth chart decisions to the coaches, but I also think both HH and Purdy will be just fine behind center.
we know for sure purdy won't be just fine. he seems scared to death every time he's been on the field.

I am hopeful Haarberg plays well and the kids respond to him.

Very glad he's getting his shot. I never thought the day would come when he'd be starting.

we desperately need some juice on offense.

I am also fully prepared for HH to play like a kid getting his first real chance several years removed from playing C1 ball.

I’m glad you typed that slowly and clearly for Kong. 😉

we know for sure purdy won't be just fine. he seems scared to death every time he's been on the field.

I am hopeful Haarberg plays well and the kids respond to him.

Very glad he's getting his shot. I never thought the day would come when he'd be starting.

we desperately need some juice on offense.

I am also fully prepared for HH to play like a kid getting his first real chance several years removed from playing C1 ball.
I wouldn't expect too much but I also wouldn't expect it to be worse than Sims. Can't really be possible can it?

Reactions: mgbreis
I’m glad you typed that slowly and clearly for Kong. 😉
love it when the guy who tells me to seek counseling stoops to my level.

yours will be the first nose I rub HH's success in should he find some tomorrow.

hater/loser from the word go. still in denial about his even being 2nd string.

very excited!

you, on the other hand, have to have some mixed feelings about his debut. it's the corner you've painted yourself into. you'll be giddy for his first mistake. you'll post about it immediately when it occurs.

the backpedaling will be at "back in my day when I was playing competitive basketball" levels if he plays well

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT