ADVERTISEMENT

NLRB says ALL athletes are school employees

If the NLRB gets their way the financial burden it will put on the schools will be huge. Fed Withholding, Matching FICA, State withholding, Unemployment, Workers Comp., City Withholding. If it will mirror professional sports the visiting teams will have to pay into the state and city. The Workers comp alone will add millions every year into expenses. Who will pay this??? Ticketholders. Take the total number of student athletes per school for all the sports and this will snowball.

If the NLRB gets their way the financial burden it will put on the schools will be huge. Fed Withholding, Matching FICA, State withholding, Unemployment, Workers Comp., City Withholding. If it will mirror professional sports the visiting teams will have to pay into the state and city. The Workers comp alone will add millions every year into expenses. Who will pay this??? Ticketholders. Take the total number of student athletes per school for all the sports and this will snowball.
health insurance for 50 plus employees per 0commie care

Forgot about that. I wonder if matching 401K will me made available? For me, this is not management vs. labor. It is the financial disaster that will come to these schools. I can't see a mid major or D-2 schools being able to afford this
the big 12 will have to give espn a change order for these increased costs

• Haha
Reactions: nwualum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT