ADVERTISEMENT

Are we

I'm on record of not liking the hire and took crap about it. After a few days I decided to give a chance, no choice really. Well, I'm tired of having to be patient, so fcks Rhule for this crap.

Sanders is doing what NU needed to do, bring in a coach who can upgrade the talent immediately, hire good coaches and turn this in the right direction.

NU was never going to try and hire Sanders, but they should have kept offering Urban money until he said yes. Or do something smart for once and got Sanders for a lot less.

We are getting out coached by coaches making a lot less money
It’s to the point that it’s like who cares. Problem is we think we need a traditional coach instead of thinking outside the box. I give Colorado credit for taking a shot

Jeff Sims was targeted by Rhule as the top portal target of any player at any position since his hire

We invested a shit load of NIL money to get Rhule’s number 1 target at Rhule’s insistence

Reactions: StrongArm517
I'm on record of not liking the hire and took crap about it. After a few days I decided to give a chance, no choice really. Well, I'm tired of having to be patient, so fcks Rhule for this crap.

Sanders is doing what NU needed to do, bring in a coach who can upgrade the talent immediately, hire good coaches and turn this in the right direction.

NU was never going to try and hire Sanders, but they should have kept offering Urban money until he said yes. Or do something smart for once and got Sanders for a lot less.

We are getting out coached by coaches making a lot less money
I agree, I had a boner at the thought of getting Sanders.

With that said, Trev knew that 90% of our fan base could not handle him and had he come here and started 0-2, well, buildings would have burned.

I know there are still dong-masters that don't like him but they don't really have good reasons for not liking him.

Hopefully Rhule is going to turn it around. I think he hired a decent staff in some areas.

Reactions: beaglehusker
"stud QB"

offers from AF, army, bryant, ect

it's called coaching. maybe you've heard of it?

I'm not familiar with the KU program, but maybe it isn't "coaching", maybe it is giving the players you have a chance and seeing who can get the job done. Haarburg, Purdy and Woche have been coached enough. They have played football since they were 10 years old. There is no reason each one of them can't handle a shotgun snap and throw a ball to a guy in a red jersey. But, they will never get a real chance because Sims is Rhule/Satt's guy.

Reactions: grimlock78
I'm not familiar with the KU program, but maybe it isn't "coaching", maybe it is giving the players you have a chance and seeing who can get the job done. Haarburg, Purdy and Woche have been coached enough. They have played football since they were 10 years old. There is no reason each one of them can't handle a shotgun snap and throw a ball to a guy in a red jersey. But, they will never get a real chance because Sims is Rhule/Satt's guy.
purdy played a lot last year and was absolute ass

shouldn't have even been issued a helmet

Reactions: Swiv3D
Are we the worst power 5 program in the country. Is that really where we have fallen? This is embarrassing. Almost Tragic when we consider the amount of money thrown at this pos of a program.
No, but we have the worst QB in the country with stats to back it up.

Watch the guy play. That isn’t “developed” talent. He had the quickness and arm talent from day one. You can say he’s well coached but the talent was there
I’ve been watching since he was a true frosh

He’s a 2* who they’ve built a system around and - shocking, I know - it’s worked

I think a lot of you need to sit this (and maybe even next) season out…Rhule inherited a losing program with a bunch of loser mentality in it…I get the argument that Deion is doing it in year 1 his way, but we chose a different route, one which I think will ultimately be more sustainable over the long haul

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
I think a lot of you need to sit this (and maybe even next) season out…Rhule inherited a losing program with a bunch of loser mentality in it…I get the argument that Deion is doing it in year 1 his way, but we chose a different route, one which I think will ultimately be more sustainable over the long haul
good point - next level thinking

Rhule will be much more sustainable as a coach because we are in absolutely no danger of any other programs trying to poach him and because of his huge contract we can't get rid of him

truly the sustainable hire

The days of long-haul program program-building are over, with the transfer portal and NIL.

Our good young defensive players will probably get poached in the transfer portal, like Hausmann last year. Meanwhile, what good recruits/transfers on offense are going to want to sign up to play for the sh*t-show of an offense they are seeing this year?

Nebraska Football fans yearning to be Duke football in 3 years

Pathetic

Stanford would kick the shit out of us
Pete Davidson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Nebraska Football fans yearning to be Duke football in 3 years

Pathetic
What’s pathetic is bitching and moaning 2 games into a tenure when everyone with even 1/4 of a brain knows HCMR will be here a minimum of 4 years…your prerogative to do your thing but Judas

Are we the worst power 5 program in the country. Is that really where we have fallen? This is embarrassing. Almost Tragic when we consider the amount of money thrown at this pos of a program.
No way. I am a CU/Iowa fan, and I can tell you that Nebraska isn't far away. They are far from the worst P5 team. Watch the rest of the season and a bowl bid. They will have a winning record in the B1G.

No way. I am a CU/Iowa fan, and I can tell you that Nebraska isn't far away. They are far from the worst P5 team. Watch the rest of the season and a bowl bid. They will have a winning record in the B1G.
I really doubt it. We been "Not far away" for 6 years. And that has culminated in 3 wins a season. Im not doing all of the fact checking but if you look at our program over the last 6 years. We are near or at the bottom in many many categories. Turnover margin for one isn't even close. I believe we are like -140 since 2005. The next closest team is -55. That's just the start.

Millions and Millions wasted on Mediocrity. Hell most of us would be happy with medocrity right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT