ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball

Isn’t it funny how Fred comes in and immediately turns this program into a whole different level of awfulness? This is a truly remarkable feat.

let’s be honest here, this team is going to be awful again next year. Is Fred gone after next season?

Isn’t it funny how Fred comes in and immediately turns this program into a whole different level of awfulness? This is a truly remarkable feat.

let’s be honest here, this team is going to be awful again next year. Is Fred gone after next season?
Just need former players from the 90s to come in and coach. Or some of them come to practice and get in these current players face and yell at them. That’s how we solved football

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
I am so f*cking sick of Husker men's teams getting their asses handed to them

we are an embarrassment

waiting, patience, yada yada yada.. all sh*t losers say, and they're the only words in our vocabulary

goddamn this sucks
You can’t support patience for football and not basketball. Basketball was in much worse shape

Reactions: TheNewNU
24 straight losses in the big ten.

If it's another season like this and he isn't Moos needs to go. Something has to change asap and the excuses need to stop. I just really feel like there is still a lack of competitiveness at UN.

24 straight losses in the big ten.
If it's another season like this and he isn't Moos needs to go. Something has to change asap and the excuses need to stop. I just really feel like there is still a lack of competitiveness at UN.
When you can collect millions to lose and it’s okay why stop?

This really is one of the poorest shooting College basketball teams I’ve seen in a long time. Really surprised at the lack of progress this team has made this year.

Reactions: scarletred
I am not saying it’s time to get rid of Hoiberg, but your prejudice is showing agin.

Basketball was coming off two straight winning seasons and two straight NIT bids. Basketball also had new state of the art facilities.
I’m not giving it a full pass. This has been bad. But comparing Nebraska football to basketball is not even either. There is no excuse to not win anymore at either. But Fred has a harder job. Which so far he has not done well.

Reactions: TheNewNU
I’m not giving it a full pass. This has been bad. But comparing Nebraska football to basketball is not even either. There is no excuse to not win anymore at either. But Fred has a harder job. Which so far he has not done well.

i never brought up football. Hoiberg is absolutely clueless out there and it shows. I’ve watched A LOT of bad basketball, and these past two Years take it to new levels. It’s unacceptable to be this bad - spare me with the “were Nebraska” schtick. Every team in the B1G plays like a real Once or twice a year, but not us.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
And then they got Covid and didn’t play for a month.

They haven’t practiced it 20 days with 10 day quarantines before starting-up again on January 30th or 31..

Getting back into game shape also can hurt shooting percentage in games which has been evident coming back the last 2 games..

Reactions: WHCSC
They haven’t practiced it 20 days with 10 day quarantines before starting-up again on January 30th or 31..

Getting back into game shape also can hurt shooting percentage in games which has been evident coming back the last 2 games..

I know, just making a joke. They have been hit hard by the COVID quarantines, which is making this much tougher. Heck they don’t even get to practice before their next game because of some bizarre B1G rule.

I know, just making a joke. They have been hit hard by the COVID quarantines, which is making this much tougher. Heck they don’t even get to practice before their next game because of some bizarre B1G rule.

I can‘t see why they have this rule when they’re trying to get games in 2 days apart...

Big 10 always has some off the wall mindless rule..

Reactions: headcard
I'm sympathetic to the fact that this team was impacted severely by COVID. But does anyone even remotely believe they would have won a conference game by now if the COVID layoff hadn't happened? I don't.

N basketball needs a true point guard and some pure shooters the worst way. I'm sure Hoiberg is in the hunt to get a couple in here in the next class along with the 3 coming in next year.
Be patient!

N basketball needs a true point guard and some pure shooters the worst way. I'm sure Hoiberg is in the hunt to get a couple in here in the next class along with the 3 coming in next year.
Be patient!

Still say they also need a big man or two .. Not saying a Garza is going to fall in your lap but guys like Robbins from Minnesota Potter from Wisconsin and Trayce J-Davis from Indiana and Williams from Purdue would truly help offensive rebounding and defending down in the block..

It really isn't going to take a ton to fix to be honest. That is why one class can really do wonders. We need:

Another 1 or 2 guys similar to Walker that don't shoot free throws worse than Shaq.
1 true scorer that can shoot and take it to the tin
1 good shooter

Fred's next class looks pretty decent and maybe he can pick up a few more guys and weed out the Thor's and Teddy's of the world.

The classes have looked good though with guys that are shooting well at other schools. Then they get here and drop 10-15% off their FGs and FTs. A combination of some still being young and some not true B1G talent I suppose. Andre is the most intriguing dude on our team. Very active on both ends and he made some nasty passes yesterday. I feel like our team is often scared to make a tough pass to a guy who will have an easy layup.

Still say they also need a big man or two .. Not saying a Garza is going to fall in your lap but guys like Robbins from Minnesota Potter from Wisconsin and Trayce J-Davis from Indiana and Williams from Purdue would truly help offensive rebounding and defending down in the block..
Supposed to be some more height coming in with the 5 star. We'll see. But again, a true point guard and guys who can just shoot the ball would help including at the FT line.

It really isn't going to take a ton to fix to be honest. That is why one class can really do wonders. We need:

Another 1 or 2 guys similar to Walker that don't shoot free throws worse than Shaq.
1 true scorer that can shoot and take it to the tin
1 good shooter

Fred's next class looks pretty decent and maybe he can pick up a few more guys and weed out the Thor's and Teddy's of the world.
Thor is senior so he's gone anyway.

Supposed to be some more height coming in with the 5 star. We'll see. But again, a true point guard and guys who can just shoot the ball would help including at the FT line.
Teddy Allen was by far the best shooter available in the JuCo ranks last year.

comes to NU, throws up brick after brick, now people want him gone.

just like everyone on this board, I don't get it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT