ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball

This is the worst Nebraska basketball team that I can remember watching.

These guys do not play as a team, but instead a bunch of individuals out there wearing the same colored jersey.

Do they not have offensive plays/sets that they run? Everything is so uncoordinated all the time!

This is the worst Nebraska basketball team that I can remember watching.

These guys do not play as a team, but instead a bunch of individuals out there wearing the same colored jersey.

Do they not have offensive plays/sets that they run? Everything is so uncoordinated all the time!

Blame it on Covid.😁

Reactions: ATX Husker
Is it just me or is part of the issue that BIG basketball is just painful to watch? The refs suck, the guard play is not good. Not many good shooters. This is just bad basketball all around.
It’s just you. The B1G is an absolute meat grinder of a conference this year, every team minus us has has good to great players and anyone can literally beat anyone else on any given night, especially on their home floor, again except us. I’ve watched a ton of hoops this year. Outside of Baylor and Gonzaga (still not totally sold on Gonzaga), the best teams are in the B1G in my opinion, and theres a lot of them. It says something when a decent Mich St team who again can beat anyone in the conference is currently sitting at 13th in the conference standings. Extremely tough league this year and would not be shocked to see 4-6 B1G teams in the sweet 16 th is year

We got within 12 with about 2:30 to go in the half and twice had the ball with a chance to cut the lead to 10, or 9 with a three. Instead we turn it over both times. Minnesota then gets 5 In a row to end the ‘threat’.

And, does any team get more obvious offensive fouls than Nebraska? Man we are a brutal, clumsy bunch.

Reactions: scarletred
It’s just you. The B1G is an absolute meat grinder of a conference this year, every team minus us has has good to great players and anyone can literally beat anyone else on any given night, especially on their home floor, again except us. I’ve watched a ton of hoops this year. Outside of Baylor and Gonzaga (still not totally sold on Gonzaga), the best teams are in the B1G in my opinion, and theres a lot of them. It says something when a decent Mich St team who again can beat anyone in the conference is currently sitting at 13th in the conference standings. Extremely tough league this year and would not be shocked to see 4-6 B1G teams in the sweet 16 th is year

Good point - the Big Ten is a ruthless hoops league. How many legit Big Ten caliber players does NU have on the roster? 3, maybe?

Reactions: ATX Husker
Agree, there are 7-8 teams in this league that could go really deep in the tourney.

Good point - the Big Ten is a ruthless hoops league. How many legit Big Ten caliber players does NU have on the roster? 3, maybe?
The problem is that our roster is mainly bench/role players from what I see compared to other B1G teams. McGowens would start on a lot of teams, outside of that I don’t think any of our starters would start on any other team in the league. I’m not saying they aren’t B1G caliber players because I think they are, just not in a starting/primary role. All of these guys should be coming off the bench in some capacity, not start.

The problem is that our roster is mainly bench/role players from what I see compared to other B1G teams. McGowens would start on a lot of teams, outside of that I don’t think any of our starters would start on any other team in the league. I’m not saying they aren’t B1G caliber players because I think they are, just not in a starting/primary role. All of these guys should be coming off the bench in some capacity, not start.

Just like our football team, there seems to be too many gambles or projects in recruiting. We are getting bodies/athletes and hoping they can turn into something. That's a bad strategy.

Reread what I wrote. I stand by my opinion that it's bad basketball to watch. But congrats on watching a lot of games.

Is it just me or is part of the issue that BIG basketball is just painful to watch? The refs suck, the guard play is not good. Not many good shooters. This is just bad basketball all around.
To be fair to MN, when you play as bad as UN it br
That is why we need to be more patient with Hoieberg..
There is a talent issue but there is a huge coaching deficiency as well. You can be a fun

These dudes can't dunk and should stop trying to dunk. Or lose 10-15 pounds.

These dudes can't dunk and should stop trying to dunk. Or lose 10-15 pounds.
Good thing Shamiel is more interested in being in a dunk contest than just scoring the bunny. Nice pass from Andre though.

Good think Shamiel is more interested in being in a dunk contest than just scoring the bunny. Nice pace from Andre though.

Who conditions the basketball team? If Shamiel was 10 pounds lighter he could throw that down easily. Instead he looks like he's been doing Duvall's Husker Power program.

At the risk of jinxing NU, I have to say I’m happy that they are fighting their way back in the game. Taking advantage of Gopher foul trouble...

That is why we need to be more patient with Hoieberg..
He's the one who assembled this crap roster and can't coach them up at all. Can't even do basic things like pass the ball, make a layup, or hit free throws.

Mayen needs to shoot 10 3's a game from now on out until someone else's balls drop.

at least it's good for the gambling account

every game, opponent 1st half spread, opponent game spread and under are locks

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT